My Next Upgrade: Suspension

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Which type of suspension you prefer the most?

• Tein HA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tein Super Street

• Tein Flex

• Tein Mono Flex

• GAB SS

• Koni Yellow + Eibach spring

• Aragosta

• Spoon

• Others (please mention)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Not much update yet. Haven't really had the time to tune play with anything but I did a lot of driving. It really feels great. Cornering is really nice and easy. Highway cruising is not too bad. The only time I remember I'm using adjustables are when I'm on the bumpy stretch because my gf will tell me that she can't sleep if the car bounces like this. Haha. But I just love how it performs on winding (or is it windy) road.

Now, I might be playing with the knobs tomorrow if I have the time. I remember seeing "SOFT" and "HARD" on the knob which I can turn either way. I want to make sure I don't mess up.

So, please correct me if I'm doing it wrong.

1st, count how many clicks away is to "SOFT". Lets say it is set at 15 clicks from the softest setting.
2nd, since I think it is a bit too hard, I should turn the knob lesser than 15 clicks from the softest setting. Meaning now, it is softer than before as I only turned the knob... say 10 clicks which is nearer to the softest setting.
3rd, if I find it too soft, I turn it towards the "HARD" setting 1 or 2 clicks.

Is this how it is done?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wat i would do...turn it all the way to soft...and count the clicks along the way... so that u know ur current setting... after that...up to ur judgment...

my old setting was 22 clicks front and 19 clicks rear...gave me good driving on the street,,,, on track...i set hardest front (32clicks) and 29 clicks on the rear

now...its full time softest setting front and rear coz of the baby :D

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Just wanted to update on the suspension I am using.

So far, so good. Cornering wise its superb. Will try it on the track one day. But I am pretty sure it would be great. After using this, I felt like the rear was hopping on uneven roads, but after a few testings, now it's really fine. Love how it handles. Better tyres may produce better handling though. Overall, I am quite happy with it. It's Taiwan made. I was sceptical about it but still gave Taiwan a chance. N it's worth every single penny spent on it.

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Ok. So it was 10k front and 6k rear. Car is lowered. Really low compared to my previous DC2R absorbers. Only 1 1/2 fingers. Haha. And the stiffness isn't set too hard according to my mechanic.
Bro, were you able to choose the spring rates?

I went to Rev Performance Sunway and was told the V1s only come with one spring rate combination from factory.

Cannot see the rate on the box and the spring itself also, unlike Tein Flex.

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi all..i have read through all the pages n go pening hahaha..!!anyway, i am too looking for the best option for a suspension..

currently im using vios '05..the absorber & spring seems like to give way already since it has never been changed for the past 7 years (bought 2nd hand)..now since im in the market for suspension, i would like to know which brand/model will suits me best..below is my criteria..

currently on 15inch wheel with +20 offset (tyre 195/55)..it dosen't flushed out out the fender, just nice (haven't rolled fender yet)..but going through a bumpy road with 4 adults, there is some rubbing at both front & back..

maximum budget is 3k..but if possible, i want it to be cheap as possible because the extra money i can change the bushing and maybe invest in anti roll bar..(but this can be done @ later stage if the coilover is 3k)

i'll be carrying my family here and there, and both my wife and kid can cope with stiffer ride (but not to hard laa hihi)

this car will not and never be use to layan touge or corner, as i have other car for that

can someone suggest me which suspension would suits me most?as i wanted to leave 2/2 and a half finger fap only @ front & back without rubbing?

let me know if you need more information pertaining to my questions above..thanks!!

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
then stick to stock and get a wheel with better offset would be more beneficial for ur vios me thinks.

n go roll that fender

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
namakuariff,

Try TITAN, located in pandan mewah, (uncle richard = 013-350 6561 ; 03-4297 9878)
rm2300, absorber new, mounting new, use onli ur spring,
absorber itself can adjust hi/lo, if u test drive their persona,......u will really impress,....his son drove me.....throw 90 degree junction...its hold te road tidely n when go off road.....almost like BMW/merc "FEELSSSSS"....

after all these......finally.....i choose coil spring.....they charge me rm3100.....

after i install, feel like own spring better....coz malaysia road r so bumpy......(Bare in mind...i hav no commission / discount fr this TITAN)
i called them,they quote me 3.3k for everything new..urs 3.1k including new mounting & spring?and frankly speaking, i have no idea what he is talking about in regards of the fully customizable..hihi..can u give some light about this bro?

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Maybe Vios can consider TRD sportivo - slightly firmer ride but if its TRD, the quality is quite assured.
huhu..i asked wing hin..trd absorber alone will set u back around 3.2k - 3.6k..even he mentioned that it is not worth it as there are many more brand outside which perform either similar or better..u using this bro?

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
namakuariff,

u better visit their factory once......or go website........absorber body....place where connect to knuckle can adjust hi/lo.....not adjust using spring portion......so it wont affect the damping rate....

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

want comfort, use own spring......dun go coil spring....u will regret anyway....-Y.....coz malaysia rd ":banghead:sck"

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

somemore......spring rate need to tally wif absorber.......baru dapat comfort n stability......JIKA tidak......u will feel like ur car like perahu...

car like perahu hahaha.i will on this friday..ur r using it on what car?

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
[[/COLOR]

huhu..i asked wing hin..trd absorber alone will set u back around 3.2k - 3.6k..even he mentioned that it is not worth it as there are many more brand outside which perform either similar or better..u using this bro?[/QUOTE]

Bro, I am not, depends on whether you are pure enthusiasts/or flexible - those who prefer fully JDM in their cars, this includes every parts must be ori, so the closes to performance and maintain ori condition is TRD - heard that its slightly firm and remain comfortable. Well i m surprise they said that, becos they advertise a lot in Hypertune Magazine earlier - and for 3K, i think not too bad it is afterall TRD...but since its not coils nor adjustable, probably on the expensive side, for other makes such as Supra, Celica, MRS - its double the amount around 6-7K...

Well, in the end depends what you want bro, if wana play with coilover, expect ride quality to be affected (altho not alll cars) Wira is ok - and another thing to bear in mind, if its adjustable, after awhile, need to adjust back the setting, due to constant run-in, parts will loose and the adjustment will run...kinda hard to get back the original feel...if you understnd what i mean...

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
[[/COLOR]

Bro, I am not, depends on whether you are pure enthusiasts/or flexible - those who prefer fully JDM in their cars, this includes every parts must be ori, so the closes to performance and maintain ori condition is TRD - heard that its slightly firm and remain comfortable. Well i m surprise they said that, becos they advertise a lot in Hypertune Magazine earlier - and for 3K, i think not too bad it is afterall TRD...but since its not coils nor adjustable, probably on the expensive side, for other makes such as Supra, Celica, MRS - its double the amount around 6-7K...

Well, in the end depends what you want bro, if wana play with coilover, expect ride quality to be affected (altho not alll cars) Wira is ok - and another thing to bear in mind, if its adjustable, after awhile, need to adjust back the setting, due to constant run-in, parts will loose and the adjustment will run...kinda hard to get back the original feel...if you understnd what i mean...
thnx for your input bro..for this car, (vios), im more flexible..heck i dun care if to use apm/sapura if d quality is up to a certain standard also..but to come think of it, this will be daily driven, just sometime when i go to work (most of my traveling route is using kesas/elite/nkve) and always in a rush..so when i speed i need confidence & assurance in terms of stability and safety..

well, this is going to be my 1st fully adjustable coilover..my other car rear uses leaves spring n front trd hi-lo (bought it from half-cut, never sent to any service hahaha). ure saying that after some period need to readjust/re-tuned it back..how long normally would be the period?

yupp, i know i am throwing comfort out of the window..but this will be the car that only me (and maybe a few friends in it) and sometimes (very rare) bring wife n the baby..for that usage i'll be driving wifey's car..so i can tolerate the stiffness or harshness of it..

thanks again bro..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
hi all..i have read through all the pages n go pening hahaha..!!anyway, i am too looking for the best option for a suspension..

currently im using vios '05..the absorber & spring seems like to give way already since it has never been changed for the past 7 years (bought 2nd hand)..now since im in the market for suspension, i would like to know which brand/model will suits me best..below is my criteria..

currently on 15inch wheel with +20 offset (tyre 195/55)..it dosen't flushed out out the fender, just nice (haven't rolled fender yet)..but going through a bumpy road with 4 adults, there is some rubbing at both front & back..

maximum budget is 3k..but if possible, i want it to be cheap as possible because the extra money i can change the bushing and maybe invest in anti roll bar..(but this can be done @ later stage if the coilover is 3k)

i'll be carrying my family here and there, and both my wife and kid can cope with stiffer ride (but not to hard laa hihi)

this car will not and never be use to layan touge or corner, as i have other car for that

can someone suggest me which suspension would suits me most?as i wanted to leave 2/2 and a half finger fap only @ front & back without rubbing?

let me know if you need more information pertaining to my questions above..thanks!!
Bro how about a combo of lowering springs + TiTan shocks? Personally I have them on 2 out of 3 cars that I have, one is a coilover setup and the other is just their shocks.

The only downside to TiTan I can think of is that they cant do beam axle springs, say an AE86. They CAN do coilovers if there is enough space but not seperate springs + shocks, hence why I suggest getting the springs of your choice and TiTan shocks valved to match the springs.

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Alright, so heres the scoop. Ever since I first saw The Fast and the Furious, I've wanted to customize a car like that. Well, my dad has agreed to modify a car if we can find a vehicle to deck out. I've decided on a 93-95 Honda Civic Coupe, preferably a 5-speed.

Anywho, I've got the basic concept planned out in my head, which is as follows:

- Body Kit, not picked out
- All black body color w/ almost completely tinted windows (Only in back windows)
- Blue neon lights (Illegal where I...

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience