My Next Upgrade: Suspension

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Which type of suspension you prefer the most?

• Tein HA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tein Super Street

• Tein Flex

• Tein Mono Flex

• GAB SS

• Koni Yellow + Eibach spring

• Aragosta

• Spoon

• Others (please mention)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Wah.. 10k front 6k rear? Seriously? On my car that would be torture for the back. Good luck with the setup! Oh and ask if they allow spring swaps if you change your mind.

BC Racing has nothing but good reviews so far and I hear the damping rate is better than my slushy hotbits. Sigh. Anyone wanna swap?

well if in stock engine proton surely i'll be the one to be against that spring rate combo....because i've tried 8k front 4k rear on my proton it was barely ok for me...(with 1.6 stock engine and heavy autobox in front) so i swap the front with 6k..it was much more manageable....

since honda got slightly different suspension geometry so can't comment much...and since other honda user already giving greenlight on the mentioned spring combo..so why not giving it a try :adore:

Wah.. 10k front 6k rear? Seriously? On my car that would be torture for the back. Good luck with the setup! Oh and ask if they allow spring swaps if you change your mind.

BC Racing has nothing but good reviews so far and I hear the damping rate is better than my slushy hotbits. Sigh. Anyone wanna swap?

lol i used to run 12F 8R, now downgraded to 10F 8R
12k was too stiff for uluyam / genting, you get the car bouncing around on uneven areas of the road

ddv, the BR series (Gold canister) is only RM300 more i think? I highly recommend you go for that instead

lol i used to run 12F 8R, now downgraded to 10F 8R
12k was too stiff for uluyam / genting, you get the car bouncing around on uneven areas of the road

ddv, the BR series (Gold canister) is only RM300 more i think? I highly recommend you go for that instead

hhhmmm..... someone i know just recently had the same setup change on his EG6 (who also previously owned a myvi).... 12f n now 10f while maintaining 8r...

also said the same abut the bouncing in ulu yam and genting....

adrian.. that u?

ddv... wats the story broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????

which BC series u got n how much total and how u like or no like?

lolllll stop trolling me everywhere bro :P

lol....so it IS u... hahahahahaha

bought type flex recently. how to check the spring rates?

how u liking the flex so far?

me oso using flex but for EK..

i oso wanna know wats the spring rates... but have never figures out how to check hahahahha

how u liking the flex so far?

me oso using flex but for EK..

i oso wanna know wats the spring rates... but have never figures out how to check hahahahha

i can't give any comments for the time being since no proper tuning made yet. when i bought last time, the clicker knob is missing. so this afternoon i went to n1 to purchase the clicker knob replacement and probably will install them tonight. hehe. but i definitely need to change the bushings first. then only can tell. hahahahaha.

must be someway to check right? like the swift springs, the spring rates number are shown on the springs right? tein different ke?

i havent really had a good look at the suspension...

but i did find this

TEIN TYPE FLEX DAMPER

looks like mine is probably 9f 5r

while for EGs its 10f 7r

but dunno if thats wats currently fitted or not... hhhmmmm.......

me too actually. too eager to buy and pasang. then only i found out that the clicker knob was missing on all 4 absorbers. shite. haha. thanks 4 the link. taking a look at it, it noticed something. sw100 means 10k and sw070 means 7k isn't it? i remembered that there are some numbers on the spring. will check it out later.

btw. OTR spec 10k front, 7k rear OK ke? for EG laa. 2 door.

for swift spring, 160 means 16k ke?

thats ok la i guess... though ive mentioned many times before.. id go with 10F and 8R...

or if crazy go for 12F and 10R ha ha ha ha ha

im still considering whether or not to sell my flex n go for GAB SS or BC with 10F and 8R...tapi kesian plak baby aku nanti.. mau termuntah dia dalam kete....hahahhaha

how to count the spring rate..can someone tell me..and can someone tell how to make my tyre bit "terkeluar"...

Spring rate is printed on the spring itself.

Romen : You're a bad example la. Even your gf complained about the jiggly-ness in your car when you macam takde rasa. :P Eh wait.. did I say jiggly-ness, I meant bounciness. Erm, no I meant rough choppiness.. Right. No reference to your gf at all ok so no offense intended. :biggrin:

12k 8k and 10k 8k is just plain craziness la. You got bodyroll at all or not? Doesn't that make you heavily dependent on tyre grip?

Spring rate is printed on the spring itself.

Romen : You're a bad example la. Even your gf complained about the jiggly-ness in your car when you macam takde rasa. :P Eh wait.. did I say jiggly-ness, I meant bounciness. Erm, no I meant rough choppiness.. Right. No reference to your gf at all ok so no offense intended. :biggrin:

12k 8k and 10k 8k is just plain craziness la. You got bodyroll at all or not? Doesn't that make you heavily dependent on tyre grip?

i dunnow about honda chasis...

but for proton car like my satria and your wira even with 8k front its already 90% of the small bumps only absorbed by tyre and chasis flex...only at heavy/hard bumps would make the suspension work....

perhaps its due to light chasis base for proton cars?? :adore:

p/s:actually 8k for proton not that hard or too bouncy...but since the car was mainly driven by wife....so would be better i compromise on comfort a bit....u know la nagging here n there about the car bouncing2.... :listen:

hhhmmm..... someone i know just recently had the same setup change on his EG6 (who also previously owned a myvi).... 12f n now 10f while maintaining 8r...

also said the same abut the bouncing in ulu yam and genting....

adrian.. that u?

ddv... wats the story broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????

which BC series u got n how much total and how u like or no like?

What a day?? I usually like to stay and see how everything is done. But due to work commitments, I had to leave my car at the workshop and collect it on when it was ready.

I did mention earlier I think that I will be getting the BR series which is 1 series better than the V1 according to the website and my mechanic. I bought it in Singapore and after conversion plus workmanship including whatever tuning and alignment, I paid slightly over RM3k. Not to mention I did my brake upgrades as well and my mechanic gave my a fair discount. Haha. I did ask around a few sellers in KL but they said they need to order BR series as they only have the V1 series. I might have paid more than the price in Malaysia if you can find any. Haha. Does anyone knows what is the price of BR series in Malaysia if you can find any? Some sellers said it will be less than 3k but they themselves weren't very sure.

Ok. So it was 10k front and 6k rear. Car is lowered. Really low compared to my previous DC2R absorbers. Only 1 1/2 fingers. Haha. And the stiffness isn't set too hard according to my mechanic.

1st impression... Got into the car barely 10m at less than 20km/h, I could feel the difference. I don't know the correct terms la but it was like "sticking" to the road. I did the 3 test Izso told me to do. It was nice and again the difference was like heaven and earth if not heaven and hell. Haha. Then I tried a 90 degree turn at about 70km/h. Whoohoo!!! No words to describe. I didn't feel scared at all. It was easy. I liked it immediately. I didn't feel any fear at all. However, to be honest I have not pushed it to the limits yet.

Now, let's talk about the downside as what some would say but not me. I can kiss good bye to the comfort. Even those irritating yellow lines are enough to make your stomach feel odd, again I don't know the word to describe how my stomach feels. Hahaha. It was fine for me though. I think it's a matter of time to get used to it. If I can't, I'll just drive slower on those yellow lines as we are supposed to slow down when we see those lines. Besides that, I also feel that driving on uneven roads isn't what you would like. I don't like it as well. But I think I can live with it.

In a nutshell, for me, the pros are enough for me to not bother about the cons much.

However, I really think that whatever setting has been done is absolutely fine was the front. It's just the rear that is not "good" comfort wise. Only the rear, "hops" on uneven roads. No complaints about the front.

Do you guys think I can do something about it now? I mean by playing with whatever that can be adjusted without changing the spring rates.

Nice review.. Maybe you can lower the rear damping rate to make it more comfortable?

Nice review.. Maybe you can lower the rear damping rate to make it more comfortable?

I believe to increase the rear damping rate will be the right phrase to make it more comfortable. Less damper=more stiff=less comfortable. Further lowering the damping rate will make the ride stiffer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the BR coilover has soft-hard dial on top of the damper to adjust the damping. So by turning the knob to 'soft' means that the damping rate is reduced hence making the ride softer right?

What a day?? I usually like to stay and see how everything is done. But due to work commitments, I had to leave my car at the workshop and collect it on when it was ready.

I did mention earlier I think that I will be getting the BR series which is 1 series better than the V1 according to the website and my mechanic. I bought it in Singapore and after conversion plus workmanship including whatever tuning and alignment, I paid slightly over RM3k. Not to mention I did my brake upgrades as well and my mechanic gave my a fair discount. Haha. I did ask around a few sellers in KL but they said they need to order BR series as they only have the V1 series. I might have paid more than the price in Malaysia if you can find any. Haha. Does anyone knows what is the price of BR series in Malaysia if you can find any? Some sellers said it will be less than 3k but they themselves weren't very sure.

Ok. So it was 10k front and 6k rear. Car is lowered. Really low compared to my previous DC2R absorbers. Only 1 1/2 fingers. Haha. And the stiffness isn't set too hard according to my mechanic.

1st impression... Got into the car barely 10m at less than 20km/h, I could feel the difference. I don't know the correct terms la but it was like "sticking" to the road. I did the 3 test Izso told me to do. It was nice and again the difference was like heaven and earth if not heaven and hell. Haha. Then I tried a 90 degree turn at about 70km/h. Whoohoo!!! No words to describe. I didn't feel scared at all. It was easy. I liked it immediately. I didn't feel any fear at all. However, to be honest I have not pushed it to the limits yet.

Now, let's talk about the downside as what some would say but not me. I can kiss good bye to the comfort. Even those irritating yellow lines are enough to make your stomach feel odd, again I don't know the word to describe how my stomach feels. Hahaha. It was fine for me though. I think it's a matter of time to get used to it. If I can't, I'll just drive slower on those yellow lines as we are supposed to slow down when we see those lines. Besides that, I also feel that driving on uneven roads isn't what you would like. I don't like it as well. But I think I can live with it.

In a nutshell, for me, the pros are enough for me to not bother about the cons much.

However, I really think that whatever setting has been done is absolutely fine was the front. It's just the rear that is not "good" comfort wise. Only the rear, "hops" on uneven roads. No complaints about the front.

Do you guys think I can do something about it now? I mean by playing with whatever that can be adjusted without changing the spring rates.

try harden your rear damper setting and see if the hopping decrease or not :adore:

urs should be able to adjust the hardness as well....go play around with the knob as others have mentioned

ur gonna need to fine tune this hardness thing to ur own liking urself...cant count on others to do it for u...coz its YOUR butt...not theirs

Any update so far? Anyway I think this thread is very useful in helping anyone who wants to upgrade their suspension for daily driven car with great handling. Cheers for thread starter ddv_nk12 :top:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom