Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda CR-Z

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
Mazda RX-8 or Honda CR-Z?

Which car you prefer to buy? RX-8 is around 85k - 100k while New CR-Z is RM115k.

Performance, interior quality, fuel consumption... suggestions?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
2 totally different category cars.
Perf: RX8
Quality: i dunno
Fuel comp: CRZ of course, RX8 is wayyy opposite.

wanna burn n go red: RX8
wanna save the planet go green: CRZ

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
like hachiroku clan said, both totally different cars.

If your reason for buying the CR-Z is because its "green" you're an idiot.
If your reason for buying the CR-Z is because its fuel efficient, look at the turbo diesels, almost as fuel efficient but with much more torque and power.
If your reason for buying a CR-Z is cause of the looks, well, one man's meat another man's poison, that's up to you to decide.
If your reason for buying the CR-Z thinking its sporty, well, the RX-8 is sportier (in terms of performance, not looks.)

The RX-8 is sort of a princess, she needs to be pampered and well taken care of. You cannot just start her to reverse out of the house for 2 feet and off the engine, she will manja and flood the engine. But, a rotary is a rotary, and nothing drives like it.

Fuel consumption is high though, on par with the likes of 350Z, Evo, Subaru STi.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
CR-Z for sure....heard some negative feedback on RX-8 before. About maintenance wise and FC

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
2 totally different category cars.
Perf: RX8
Quality: i dunno
Fuel comp: CRZ of course, RX8 is wayyy opposite.

gud advise bro....:wavey:

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

CR-Z for sure....heard some negative feedback on RX-8 before. About maintenance wise and FC
yes..that rite bro...:wavey:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
I think you should do the poll in between toyota prius, lexus ct200h, honda insight and crz lah.... more comparative . Btw, my suggestion will be CRZ...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i'd say..

RX8 body with CRZ engine :rofl::rofl::rofl:

hehe.. joking only.. don't shoot me :biggrin:

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
I am surprise to see the poll result. Thought many will prefer RX-8 over CR-Z. Although it is almost a decade old, the power is without doubt well recognized.

Checked out CR-Z at Honda showroom today, the interior kind of giving me a "plastic" feeling which make the car imperfect.

Hachiroku clan u did make a point:
If want greener go for Civic Hybird, Toyota Prius, or Prius C.

D7zul,
CRZ engine in RX-8 won't make RX-8 a Mazda. No Rotary no RX-8

VTEC LoVeR,
I compare these two cars because they are not really comparable and thought it would be fun to see the poll result.

Any more opinions regarding these two cars?
:driver::driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hahaha.. i know sum1 will shoot me :biggrin:

anyway, a fren of mine own a rx7 with a toyota 2JZ-GTE engine

No Rotary, Drift ok je :biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
The only reason why I still keep my rx8 in stead of buying a CRZ is purely due to the FR setup on rx8. If crz has a rear wheel drive system, I'll trade in my car for it.

Power wise, rx8, crz, ft86 and etc all no need to compare. The summary is only 1 word - SLOW. Need at least a turbo kit in order to make it able to see the brake light of a sport cars for another 20 seconds before exhaust smoke also cannot smell.

Design wise, non of any stock car is consider nice before aftermarket bodykit installed (at least a lip). But for rx8, it does have a advantage for having 4 doors, where you can install full bucket seats and don't need to struggle for rear passenger in/out.

Maintenance wise, as long as not sending to the so call 3S center of official serbis center, the cost will be at least 50% cheaper. Basically you can say almost no different.

CRZ is still new and you don't know what will happen after 2-3 years. Who knows the balancing board for the battery somehow dead and leave some cells over discharge and cause over heat then start a fire while you take a quick nap on the highway (there are lipofe4 cell burnt although its design is not gonna start a fire in most condition). Only time can tell.

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
rotary are meant for mens, while crz..hybrid??urghhh...everytime i see the car i always think someone old is driving that car, or racer boy wannabe...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Im sort of interested in having this MSD blaster 2 coil installed in my proton saga. however after some research i found that some mods need to be done on the distributor cap as well as disengaging the stock coil.. etc...

currently my 4g15 is set up wif twin dcoes, 4g91 pistons with balanced internals and stock cams.

can anybody shed some light on this?, will the coil benefit me or can i do without it?

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience