What can you do if you're in danger on highway?

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Hi guys,

Greetings to all. I'm thinking what can we do if we are being chased by suspected hijackers or in any form of chasing that may put our lives in danger while driving on highway.

I wonder there is any police stations/assist centre on North-South Highway?

Thanks in advance for sharing the solutions

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Get a continental car that do not have speedcut or removed speed cut in your JDM. Drive more than
180km/h surely can't catch up with u :biggrin:

For me, I will just try to drive a little faster to the nearest city and nearest police station..guess they will just tail u, unless is
already very late at night at a quiet stretch of road...:)

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
agreed, drive faster than 200km/h,,,,,,
if he still come hit them side by side........

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

ist place.....lower ur car......i mean suspension.......see who car more stable.......use good tyre.....

wishkiss

Feb 15, 2009
What if the hijacker driving stolen powerfull car..? I think the best way is to call the PLUS ronda or Local Authority and let them know..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If they stolen a powerful car, in a broad daylight they will just follow u on highway, if u feel someone is following u,
yes like wishkiss said, call the Police. Drive to the nearest police station in town will be best if ur life is not at stake. :top:

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
I'm asking because my parents just came across an attempted car hijack yesterday on the highway, near Senawang/Seremban exit.

The traffic was heavy so there is no way my parents could flee with high speed even though the car is much capable of doing 180km/h, eventually the suspects managed to stop my parents by stopping their car side way on the rightmost lane! How freaky is that? Just like what you could only watch in movies!

As the Indian driver stepped out of his car, my father quickly stepped on the gas and maneuvered to the middle lane but hit by a car coming from behind. Luckily the damage is minor, just some scratches. What more in the flavour of luck for my parents was the car they hit was driven by 2 off duty police officers. So the policemen confronted the Indians after listening my parents explanation. Thank God my parents and the rest of the family walked away without harm.

So I really wish there is a practical solution on this, what would you do if you're in that same situation?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I'm asking because my parents just came across an attempted car hijack yesterday on the highway, near Senawang/Seremban exit.

The traffic was heavy so there is no way my parents could flee with high speed even though the car is much capable of doing 180km/h, eventually the suspects managed to stop my parents by stopping their car side way on the rightmost lane! How freaky is that? Just like what you could only watch in movies!

As the Indian driver stepped out of his car, my father quickly stepped on the gas and maneuvered to the middle lane but hit by a car coming from behind. Luckily the damage is minor, just some scratches. What more in the flavour of luck for my parents was the car they hit was driven by 2 off duty police officers. So the policemen confronted the Indians after listening my parents explanation. Thank God my parents and the rest of the family walked away without harm.

So I really wish there is a practical solution on this, what would you do if you're in that same situation?
i probably do the same..

btw, what car does ur parents driving?

what makes the indian stop their car?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

That's a lot of drama. What did the off-duty officers do after that? What I'm interested in is what happened after that and what happened that might have instigated this and whether it was a genuine car jacking or a confrontation from a road bully.

In that kind of situation what your parents did was correct, never stay still and submit. That's when you lose. One drive away where possible and the other make that emergency phone call.

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
What the Indians told the policemen was, blaming my father driving recklessly on the highway and he just wanted to teach my father a lesson. But the truth was, on a heavy traffic highway, my 60 years old father was driving accordingly and they appeared out of nowhere, pull a few attempts to ram into my parents' car and stopped my parents right on the highway. So we all assumed this was a hijack attempt.

Rather disappointingly, the policemen let them go without further check, no frisk search, not even searching their car. They were more interested in arguing with my parents to pay for the damage of their car, which was government owned. My parents suggested to follow them to the nearest police station and lodge an official report. However, my parents were threatened better not to do so, because it would turn out ugly for us.

With no other options, we parents had to agree to pay for the damage. Only then they let my parents go.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

i probably do the same..

btw, what car does ur parents driving?

what makes the indian stop their car?
it is Vellfire 3.5 V6

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
it is Vellfire 3.5 V6
Actually, this is a very 'hot' car... just have to be more careful... or drive a cheaper car...

btw, better not confront these ppl .. just let them have the car.... usually they have guns or other weapons. Not worth dying for a car, unless you purposely want to.

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
off duty or plain cloth police....off duty police doesn't have authority to enforce law u know....let alone they are supposed to be unarmed at that time....unless they were CID.....that's different story...just appreciate the event doesn't go awry / turn to be your nightmare...

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I sorta kena before. The story goes like this. I was in a hurry one late afternoon. After the toll, I sped off and cut into the right lane, unknown to me the car behind me got pissed. So he decided to chase me down and attempted to ram into me sideways at 110 km/h but I saw it coming and moved away. He was in an Estima, I was in an Inspira 1.8 manual. He then overtook me, I moved to the right lane he moved to the right lane too. Suddenly he emergency braked in the right lane, since i was right behind him I had to emergency brake as well. Eventually both of us came to a stop. I was really afraid at this time but i managed to squeeze to the left lane and sped past him. I saw him chasing me but he left it at that and didn't pursue me any longer.

I think I should keep a small weapon in the car in future. Maybe a pepper spray..

cfa

Jun 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Next time, if its the same race that u just mentioned, just ask your parents to knock into them and run them over. Then get a good lawyer. I would do that.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What the Indians told the policemen was, blaming my father driving recklessly on the highway and he just wanted to teach my father a lesson. But the truth was, on a heavy traffic highway, my 60 years old father was driving accordingly and they appeared out of nowhere, pull a few attempts to ram into my parents' car and stopped my parents right on the highway. So we all assumed this was a hijack attempt.

Rather disappointingly, the policemen let them go without further check, no frisk search, not even searching their car. They were more interested in arguing with my parents to pay for the damage of their car, which was government owned. My parents suggested to follow them to the nearest police station and lodge an official report. However, my parents were threatened better not to do so, because it would turn out ugly for us.

With no other options, we parents had to agree to pay for the damage. Only then they let my parents go.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

it is Vellfire 3.5 V6
I'd say that's bullshit seriously. I hope your parents made a report nonetheless. It's ridiculous to have been threatened like that. I would have just reported their asses and threaten to report to MACC if they continue to threaten.