BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

orang90

Nov 11, 2011
Kuching
i want to get BOT for my kenari auto 1.0cc,

after reading this thread, sum of u say its ok to install if u install other performance part too,
so, if i just install this on standard engine, and drive like a uncle(or old people), is it still gonna damage my engine? (but still pecut2 sumtime just wanna showoff, hehe)

elfieazlan

Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello ;)
currently im running with 1.5 auto swift BOT ;D ..
after 1year plus ive got no problem at all..even my fuel consumption seem like better than previous

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
bro can u share wth us what have done to ur ride... ie: turbo, management, FR regulator setting, fuel pump. injector, piston and head...what kind of modification do u have.. another how much u boosting?? normally if boost more than 0.6bar the problem for NA engine is knocking, fuel supply, sensor cannot see boost signal when boost kick in the ecu cut fuel. and very high compression....

elfieazlan

Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro can u share wth us what have done to ur ride... ie: turbo, management, FR regulator setting, fuel pump. injector, piston and head...what kind of modification do u have.. another how much u boosting?? normally if boost more than 0.6bar the problem for NA engine is knocking, fuel supply, sensor cannot see boost signal when boost kick in the ecu cut fuel. and very high compression....
so far im running with standard 1.5 auto tranny and just bolt on HKS turbo kit stage 1,set at 0.25 boost coz previously this is my daily car,so no need higher boost..can increase to 0.6 maximum with standard piston/head..for ecu im using emanage ultimate rrp super ecu tuned for swift just plug and play,few thing to add on later like fuel regulator,fuel rail kit,fuel pump,and bigger cc injector ;) ..just minor turboed swift..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
so far im running with standard 1.5 auto tranny and just bolt on HKS turbo kit stage 1,set at 0.25 boost coz previously this is my daily car,so no need higher boost..can increase to 0.6 maximum with standard piston/head..for ecu im using emanage ultimate rrp super ecu tuned for swift just plug and play,few thing to add on later like fuel regulator,fuel rail kit,fuel pump,and bigger cc injector ;) ..just minor turboed swift..
0.25bar boost, got feeling meh?

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
i see...so far if not mistaken if our car std NA maximum boost is 0.3bar... if boost more to that ie 0.7bar above need internal upgrade and strengthen fuel system.... bro how much u buy that HKS turbo kit?? what inside this kit?? turbo, manifold etc??

orang90

Nov 11, 2011
Kuching

all standard ka bro?
nothing damage so far?

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
this is the low boost turbo im looking for my honda civic EG.... i think to get may be 0.3 bar just to get better fuel consumption and bit power only... cause im also daily driver... how much have you spent?

Aug 14, 2008
0.3 gforce? i push behind your car also faster than the 0.3, wait la until your wallet got 3cm big and do it one time job under one roof ma.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
What? 0.25? I think better don't waste money. You have to factor in the inefficiency of the system and account for power loss. If you do 0.25, maybe you will only feel the force of 0.12 bar. The lowest I heard of boosting is 0.36 bar and that is for good flowing heads. For standard, people go for 0.4 or 0.5.

SuperVelocity

5,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What? 0.25? I think better don't waste money. You have to factor in the inefficiency of the system and account for power loss. If you do 0.25, maybe you will only feel the force of 0.12 bar. The lowest I heard of boosting is 0.36 bar and that is for good flowing heads. For standard, people go for 0.4 or 0.5.
quite true, 0.25 better dont boost haha, the lowest I heard also 0.4 which is a good low boost. Should have pushed to at least 0.4 to 0.5 bar minimum, but like he said, the car is superb basic modification, fuel regulator also dont have

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Guys just started my bot project, here are the specs-

Engine -b20b
Trans -auto 4wd
Turbo -Garret ar60
Management -E manage blue
Ic -Greddy hybrid custom aluminum
Wastegate -tail 38mm
Bov -Greddy type s
Gsr injectors 390cc
Extractor -Ss custom turbo extractor
Piping -2.5" custom Ss
ATF cooler
Nrg boost meter
Apexi custom air intake

Rest stock standard.

All above for low boost aiming at 0.5 bar.

Last edited: