4G93T Club

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
RON95 can be used @ 4G93T however ignition tuning must be retuned. Retard the timing a bit for safety purpose. Not save to boost above 0.8bar

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
YES have tried.... AND PLZ never & DUN ever use RON95, the car feel like another TONE more heavier.... ://
tested on normal roads when only boosting about 0.5 RON95 is pretty alright with it, when on highway boosting @ 1bar can feel the knocking but during way back home change to RON97 then no knocking already...thats my experienced, just my 2 cents

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
ooo.. i also running on RON95 now. timing tune back to std. and not knocking on full boost watsoever.. the only difference is, power drop.

chaick

Jan 25, 2005
ooo.. i also running on RON95 now. timing tune back to std. and not knocking on full boost watsoever.. the only difference is, power drop.
I doing same thing to my car, but still have knocking when boosting above 0.5bar! After i try other brand company Ron95, is ok now boots up to 0.9bar.

weaponzero

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Philippines
...my friend told me that my waste gate isnt functioning, i have a stock 93t engine exept for FMIC with pipings, 603MAF and BOV.. i am getting 1.5 bar but sometimes feels like having fuel cut or jerking..is it the fuel pump, ECU or something..please help guys!! Happy new yir!!

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Here are 15 most common faults from driving Turbo engine like 4G93T
and their common check list.

1. Overboost or cannot boost at all = Check hose and actuator/wastegate valve. In-correct boost controller installation if available.
2. Engine jerking while on full throttle = Check air fuel ratio using wideband oxygen sensor. Air fuel ratio maybe lean. This would eventually lead to broken pistons or rods. Check fuel system. Fuel pump, fuel regulator, injectors and ECU.
3. Engine not smooth and misfire while in boost. = Most likely your spark plugs already "kong". Or check ignition system. Change to iridium based spark plugs. i.e DENSO Iridium Power IK24
4. While entering boost, suddenly you feel the car no power at all for a while and then the power come back. = Check intercooler piping for cracks or leaks from connecting hoses.
5. Rev suddenly pick up very fast from 5000 to 8000rpm during full throttle at lower gear however road speed don't increase with RPM. = Either your tyre is spinning like mad or clutch slip.
6. Bad idling and engine stall when air cond is "ON". Check idle speed controller. (Mounted at throttle body) or out of calibration throttle position sensor.
7. Bad idling and rpm cannot rise to above 3000rpm with "Check Engine Light". Check air flow sensor connector or air flow faulty. ECU faulty.
8. Engine stall after throttle lift off. = Check your blow off valve. This is because of the atmo venting bov. Usually can be solved by using some kind of engine management to correct the air fuel ratio and ignition timing after throttle lift off. Or use re-circulating BOV.
9. Exhaust manifold turns "red" while cruising speed/rpm. Exhaust temperature high. = Ignition timing too retarded. Check crank angle sensor and ignition timing.
10. Idling sounds like racing camshaft eventhough you are still on standard camshafts, low vacuum = Timing belt not installed correctly. Mis-aligned cam gears and crank pulley. In correct ignition timing.
11. Idling sounds like "Subaru" with racing camshaft, engine rattling = Misfire. Check if all cylinders are firing the sparks. Check or replace ignition amplifier or coils if faulty.
12. Car cannot exceed 180km/h = Speed Cut is now working. Solution, install speed cut remover or disconnect speed sensor.
13. Boost/Fuel Cut when full throttle = Over boost detected. Not all GSR have this function unless all wiring and stock solenoids are re-used during engine conversion.
14. "Ticking" sound from engine especially during warm up. = Worn off tappets (Hydraulic Lifters/lash adjusters). Solution is to replace new.
15. At full or part throttle about 4000rpm onwards, engine feels very heavy and RPM very difficult to rise or cannot even rise. Engine sounds like farting... = Over fuelling, especially after changing to high pressure high flow fuel pumps like Walbro. Solution = get a piggy back computer like SAFC or E-Manage to correct air fuel ratio.

Last edited:

MSDN

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
any one know what are the symptoms of fuel pump being faulty?

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ

There are mainly 2 types of fuel pump, mechanical and electrical. GSR is the latter type.

I think you will notice power loss cause not enough fuel is going into the engine. Such items usually KO after 5 to 10 years, depending on the usage.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Anyone can recommend what type of gear oil to use for 4G93T ?

Looking at RedLine and Motul brands...

MSDN

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
only power loss? I do not feel so much of the powerloss though. any other comment?

I have changed the alternator, starter added relay too, changed new set of spark plugs, all of these not helping.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
There are mainly 2 types of fuel pump, mechanical and electrical. GSR is the latter type.

I think you will notice power loss cause not enough fuel is going into the engine. Such items usually KO after 5 to 10 years, depending on the usage.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Anyone can recommend what type of gear oil to use for 4G93T ?

Looking at RedLine and Motul brands...
you can try motul turbolite...very nice!

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
teruk case: engine difficult to start or no start. intermittent engine stall. engine jerking.
not so teruk yet: fuel pressure drop during boost.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro, how much is consider not expensive then?..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
PnP ready with adjustable cam pulleys?..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have heard this over and over again, Gran Turismo 5 will be released on one date and when it's almost time, suddenly it gets delayed. It's been happening for a few years now, but it seems like Sony and Polyphony Digital have finally got their minds set on a date.

November 2, 2010 is the day for GT fans all over the world and just to make the wait all the more worth it, the new game will not only feature...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience