Wira Sedan roof top

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

felixfatass

Oct 24, 2007
my wira roof top already rustted by the gum. how much to change the roof top included with the paint job? any recommendation? thanks

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
several years back if not mistaken costing rm1k (not including paint)....
*rate for wira sedan

the crack open the roof and replace new one weld using either MIG or manual spotweld (not robotic type like factory)

:adore:

felixfatass

Oct 24, 2007
That's for the information. i checked around it is about RM1200 included the new roof and paint job. but i saw 1 selling in mudah for the roof only cost RM300, so wonder maybe can get cheaper price for it.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
most of high priced because of workmanship...

maybe u can ask the shop about the quotation given and check the price for the roof alone at the shop....

felixfatass

Oct 24, 2007
most of high priced because of workmanship...

maybe u can ask the shop about the quotation given and check the price for the roof alone at the shop....
yeah, need to ask again the shop, if not my roof can become aquarium already! LOL :biggrin:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
I think to buy the replacement roof is not so expensive....
The costly part is the workmanship... Its damn tedious work if u look at them doin it.....

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
I think to buy the replacement roof is not so expensive....
The costly part is the workmanship... Its damn tedious work if u look at them doin it.....
yeah its a lot of work so u can understand when they charge u a high price
but i tink changing to another roof is much better than just grinding out the rust because then the rust will cme back again in a short time

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I had this problem once when I was using my wira. The reliable method would be grinding off not just the rust but the cheap silicone glue that proton uses as well. Then replace the glue with the expensive japan silicone glue, cement, and respray. It is tedious and thus cost a lot.

I find that changing the whole roof costs the same or even slightly cheaper. I asked from proton around 7 months ago and a new roof cost around 400. My area is in KK, sabah. So might as well get the old roof out and fix the new one. Oh and remember to tell your trusted workshop not to reuse the cheap glues.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
I had this problem once when I was using my wira. The reliable method would be grinding off not just the rust but the cheap silicone glue that proton uses as well. Then replace the glue with the expensive japan silicone glue, cement, and respray. It is tedious and thus cost a lot.

I find that changing the whole roof costs the same or even slightly cheaper. I asked from proton around 7 months ago and a new roof cost around 400. My area is in KK, sabah. So might as well get the old roof out and fix the new one. Oh and remember to tell your trusted workshop not to reuse the cheap glues.
yeah the problem is proton used a metal based glue in production that rusts the roof :banghead:
oooo i didnt know proton supplies new roofs as well :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
body panel sometimes not coming from proton themself..but rather to 3rd party oem manufacturer who have the stamping machine and mold to produce replacement roof (similiar to fender,door and other steel panel on cars)

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
buy new roof is better than grinding out the rust because then the rust will cme back again in about 3 months...
I did to my car 2 years ago...
Forgot how much the price...Dont know where i put the receipt...

raulzaidi

Jan 25, 2011
Kota Kinabalu

same from kk. my suggestion. replace the roof with a new one. and dont mind the cost for workmanship, coz last time when i change my roof at an anonymous workshop that offered less than any other workshop, yea, the roof is new, paint also new, but the glue worn-out after 2months. everytime heavy rain leaked in. really a cincai work by them. learned my lesson.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Allo guys...

i've something to discuss here...i was bought honda integra (DA6) last month...actually this is my 1st project car...may i know what is the adjustable absorber that fit wit my cars??? i afraid to buy a wrong parts...

pls advise meee....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience