Wira A/B 1.5 Engine mods. Advice needed.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Muffins

May 3, 2006
Hey guys, long time lurker here. Just wanted to seek some advice from the sifu's and the otai's.

I drive an ancient (think 12yrs) old Wira Aeroback 1.5 Auto. Fuel injection, supposedly UK export version. I been quietly modding it over the years since I got my grubby hands on it and I'm finally more or less done with the exterior and want to move on to the engine (woot!)

So far I've done :

K&N Open pod filter
Slightly larger throttle body (ex-mechanic did this. I didn't even ask for it heh)
Slightly larger exhaust piping system. (Cannot remember the diameter but it's not a straight thru piping, it follows the original line)
Center bullet and sports muffler. (Vroom rumble rumble like lorry ikan :proud: )

Aaannndd thats about it. Current main concern is the (obvious) lack of power in the car. So my question is this : What other stuff can I do to increase overall power? (by power I mean acceleration. I want the car to move when I tap the gas, not grunt at me and crawl)

I've been toying with the idea of getting the Powerzone Extractor mod done. This any good? What about engine management options? I've seen brand names being thrown about, eManage la, Unichip la, Haltech, Motec, whatevertech etc.. Is it something I should look into or it's something that won't matter in my stock engine? Are bolt-on turbos an option or is it a waste of time and money?

Any advice/feedback or suggestions welcome. I'm nervous about this. Haven't modded an engine before :)

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
ya ya... 12 years.. overhaul liao? if not better change engine...
just my own opinion...4G91 also ok liao...
Good Luck...

Muffins

May 3, 2006
Overhauled? Once. Top overhaul. Engine's running smooth and everythings fine and dandy.. more or less whatever that can wear out has been replaced and fixed. Distributor la, fuel pump la, water pump la, air flow sensor la, aircond fan, radiator, belts etc...

Oh, and Tufoil rocks. :)

So how? What else can I do to squeeze out some gas pedal response?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
If your is still at carb change to twin carb la and change to fuel injection also ok...

Muffins

May 3, 2006
NOS? haha wtf? I want some all around consistent power, not the power to blow away an amah's panties as i thunder by, only to blow up three miles away.

And don't you have to reinforce the engine to use NOS? I always thought extra-super-power-HOOOOO! would rip the block apart.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
NOS? haha wtf? I want some all around consistent power, not the power to blow away an amah's panties as i thunder by, only to blow up three miles away.

And don't you have to reinforce the engine to use NOS? I always thought extra-super-power-HOOOOO! would rip the block apart.

nop, until now, do u ever heard some1 blown the engine of rented car in Langkawi & KLIA..??no ma...ahahahahaaha:rofl::rofl::thefinger::thefinger:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
his NOS actually is NGV...hahahahahaha:thefinger:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
his NOS actually is NGV...hahahahahaha:thefinger:
wei wei....ahahahaha:thefinger::thefinger:
i'm really serious to teach ppl play with powwer ma...:biggrin:

bought rm9xx & refill for 2xx....rent a car rm60, spin the tires until botak infront of KLCC...hows that..?? ahahahaha...:biggrin:
rent a car for rm120, Toyota SEG, can tapao Evo9 when down hill...hows that again..??the engine is fine, but the headlights & front bodyparts is completely damage...ahahahahaha....:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
wei wei....ahahahaha:thefinger::thefinger:
i'm really serious to teach ppl play with powwer ma...:biggrin:

bought rm9xx & refill for 2xx....rent a car rm60, spin the tires until botak infront of KLCC...hows that..?? ahahahaha...:biggrin:
rent a car for rm120, Toyota SEG, can tapao Evo9 when down hill...hows that again..??the engine is fine, but the headlights & front bodyparts is completely damage...ahahahahaha....:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
True arh?? can share some picture arh??hahahahha

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
A true way to increase further power with the current engine has to be upgrade of some mechanical parts assuming yours is still carburator. It all depends on your budget.

1. Port & Polish Cylinder Head
2. Performance Cam shaft
3. Adjustable Cam gear
4. Stroker kit. (perhaps 1.6 liter upgrade)
5. Turbo Charge / Super Charge

Muffins

May 3, 2006
Oh, the car's fuel injection. I wrote that in the first post :)

Hmm.. turbo charged. Sounds very the interesting. As in tukar engine or bolt on? Got bolt on for 4G15 ah? If so, who carries it and what other stuff do I need to add onto the car along with it? And it's an auto transmission car.

tatayoung

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
bro.. 4G15 + auto tranny(3speed)....? = terrible performance and fuel consupmtion.... start off with a manual tranny...

dreamsquall

Known Member
Aug 9, 2007
get proper piping for ur mid till end of ur exhaust system
remember ur wira is 1.5 not 2.0t
dun go put those 2" piping with lorry ikan exhaust
ask a pro exhaust taukeh for ur piping diameter setup
usually 1.8" for better response on gas
extrator will definetely help if u got extra budget, maybe get those wise extrator, u go for custom made then u need to get from a pro for ur car setup
for ur muffler, if u can get wira 1.8 or mivec 1.8 twin muffler, it will be a good choice, wat i mean is original, get from chopshop or some exhaust shop sometimes they do keep these muffler
try this 1st b4 u go on mod other thing, unless u plan bot or supercharger, then u can forget this setting la
remember auto tranny need a lot back pressure from piping system(important), not same setting like manual
last but not least, this is only my opinion or my 1cent advice
might be correct might be wrong^^

Last edited:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
A true way to increase further power with the current engine has to be upgrade of some mechanical parts assuming yours is still carburator. It all depends on your budget.

1. Port & Polish Cylinder Head
2. Performance Cam shaft
3. Adjustable Cam gear
4. Stroker kit. (perhaps 1.6 liter upgrade)
5. Turbo Charge / Super Charge
Muffins,

ftzone listed some good options for your 4G15. Why don't you give the Powerzone people a call ? Their boss Nazri is a friendly and helpful guy. I'm meeting them tomorrow. They are working on my 4G15 with everything ftzone listed along with a couple more mods (except for Option 5) since I wanted everything to remain NA.

Depends on your budget also.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Galant VR4 steering rack produce tak tak tak sound when drive slow at uneven surface. Making corner also the sound come. Foremen checked and found the steering rack problem. No leak but loose and tak tak when shaking.

Could Proton perdana SEI steering rack be use for VR4?.

The drive shaft Perdana SEI can be used other than Evo 3 driveshaft for Galant VR4.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience