wira 1.6 conversion

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

xeroxcool

Hi...guys,

I need your opinion regarding my problem lah,i've a wira 1.6 reg. in 1993,recently my car have some wiring problems,the pomen said it was the computer box,my questions are;-

1)could i just convert the wiring for my car only and how much does it cost?

2)how much does 4g92 engine cost?

3)what is the difference between 4g93 engine and Proton Putra engine?

well that's all for now,really hope you guys could shed some light on the matter,tq,arioss...:confused_smile:

xeroxcool said:
Hi...guys,

I need your opinion regarding my problem lah,i've a wira 1.6 reg. in 1993,recently my car have some wiring problems,the pomen said it was the computer box,my questions are;-

1)could i just convert the wiring for my car only and how much does it cost?

2)how much does 4g92 engine cost?

3)what is the difference between 4g93 engine and Proton Putra engine?

well that's all for now,really hope you guys could shed some light on the matter,tq,arioss...:confused_smile:

1. WHY do you want to convert the wiring when it is your computer box that's having problems? BUY A NEW ECU.

2. WHY do you need to know the cost of a 4g92 when you already have a 4g92 in your engine bay? if it is the computer box causing you problems, BUY A NEW ECU

3. Why do you need to know the difference between a 4g93 and the putra engine when you dont have one in your engine bay? not to mention that the putra engine is also a 4G93. 4G93 is the engine used by proton in their 1.8 putra, satria and wira vehicles. 4g92 1.6 wira/satria/putra. 4g15/13 wira/satria 1.3 & 1.5. 4g18 the earlier wajas before the campro engines.

regards

hehe..as u see iºm new to this engine conv. thing, o.k.,actually i wanºt to conv. my 1.6sohc to 1.8 dohc because iºm tired of sending my car to the workshop every month due to malfunctions, but a friend told me that there is 2 types of 1.8 dohc engine that i could use one is the mitsu. one and the other one is the putra one,so uºre telling me that both are the same engine..._

xeroxcool said:
hehe..as u see iºm new to this engine conv. thing, o.k.,actually i wanºt to conv. my 1.6sohc to 1.8 dohc because iºm tired of sending my car to the workshop every month due to malfunctions, but a friend told me that there is 2 types of 1.8 dohc engine that i could use one is the mitsu. one and the other one is the putra one,so uºre telling me that both are the same engine..._

if you say your problem is the ECU you technically wont have any other problems else IF you just buy another ECU. Which is cheaper than a buying whole engine.

The only difference in a mitsu 4g93 and a putra 4g93 is in the electronics ('puter box)and maybe a different camshaft duration on the later putra engines. Thing is, sometimes you get lucky and your conversion goes well, sometimes the half cut you buy may have another faulty ECU or other bad parts. then your one week transplant may take one month of going in and out of the workshop. the choice is yours.

I got 1.8dohc engine (mitsubishi).... can deal the price wit installation.. cause my workshop rite nw having promotion... sms me at 016-6906690... loc gombak..

ur engine IS 4g92 isnt it??

the 4G93 is the lancer engine..MMC one..the putra one is the 4G93P

Top Bottom