Wideband tuning..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

type_one

Known Member
will someone please enlighten me on the whole wideband tuning thing?
has anybody here tuned their car with a wideband sensor, or have it running in their car (like DynoJet, etc)?
Thanks...

Wideband has a bigger range to detect your engine is running lean or rich, and so can tell exactly how rich/how lean your fuelling is.

Narrowbands have smaller range, only used to detect if the engine is running just right.. or not.

one of my fren did tuning job using it... tonight maybe got another tuning session..
if u staying nearby to seri kembangan u can come n join the tt...

Hi Hattech,

thnx 4 da contact no. I was being asked 2 go 2 da SSO at shah alam this morning so didnt turn up at sunway this morning. Hehehe. Hope we can meet up yumcha and get to know about ur monster ride. Hehehehehe.

haha ok no problem.. i spent almost half day there...
where got monster ride... its only hamster...

hattech-v said:
haha ok no problem.. i spent almost half day there...
where got monster ride... its only hamster...

Hamster powered ride? You must save a lot of money on fuel.. ROFL!

B16B not hamster ridelah.. nor monster ride.

horse ridelah.. seratus tujuh puluh horses one. ROFL!

ahhahaha...
eh why we must measure power using horse power? why using human power? haha
what la those scientist... kekkekeke

hahhaha... maybe...

anyone can tell me which one will give a better result.. on the road tuning or dyno tuning?
or both dyno first, then on the road.. or vice versa...

Road tuning is for daily drivability, since the inertial dyno can only simulate linearly increasing load.

It's not uncommon to get a car dyno tuned, and find that the car still has knocking at certain rev range/load. Most of the time, the tuner enriches the fuel maps a bit to compensate for possible knocking issues, so they don't need to tune on the road.

Most of the time, we go part throttle to full throttle and downshift, part throttle full throttle again in an instant in traffic.. In a way, a dyno will never replicate this situation, so the part throttle tuning is best done on the road. Hattech is right about WOT tuning on the dyno. It's what it's for.

Summarising:

On road tuning = good part throttle power.
Dyno tuning = good full throttle power.

Last edited:
ei, ur fren did the wideband tuning thing? how much? n where to do?

Top Bottom