why people hate fast old car?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

shazmee

Apr 11, 2006
just bring up this matter cause it happened to me. may be i like to drive fast in my old toyota le( which is not so fast) last time when i was coming back to nilai from my home town sban, a land cruiser cucuk from back..it was like 170 but i was not intended to race. it kept tailing me until the nilai tol. what? old toyota can not drive fast?
second incident, i was a bimmer 525. it was not my fault. he was at the fast lane but got stuck behind a lorry then i overtook him on the left. he started to chase me from that moment. but what i suppose to do other than to slam my throttle...i was infront until my top end then he came slowly and overtook with a smile. why aa?? old car have to be driven like old man huh?

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
If what you said is what I am assuming, I think they are a little bit jealous of you. Most people, especially men have huge ego, and maybe they cannot stand being slower than older, and cheaper cars.

But, maybe you were being a little sensitive also. No need to look at the other driver when u overtake or being overtaken, just concentrate on the road, if they bang you, they pay. These are some cincai and small matter only. Be proud of your precious ride :)

shazmee

Apr 11, 2006
ya, bro i take ur advice...and its true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder! although it is old and rusty...still proud of it..

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
don't talk about don't like lar, how about reasons we LIKE old fast cars? lol

i like old fast cars because as an old car, kena beaten by newer car then i feel no shame, old car ma... but if i tapau somebody, woohoo i'm the king of the world XD and shame on the guy in a new car.

probably thats the reason why they don't like old fast car, like what munpeng had said.

erwan

Known Member
Dec 27, 2003
yup....i agree wit rollakid,
you know why....because these ppl with new cars tend to 'jaga air muka' since they hav new car wit new engine..so,this should not be happening to them..
and 2nd, jealousy?yup...that's maybe rite too...but its not our fault!We love old car and we modified it with good engine...thats not a crime..!to me consider not a good attitude for those ppl who do that..sumtime, malas nak layan when it happens to me..ahh..those 'poyos'...
anyway..i'm proud with my ride....

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
ermm... I told you la...
This is normal issue, you go fast they also want to takeover u.
I give u a good advise la... when u saw a car cucuk u at rear side, just give him go... Then cucuk him back... when during the cornering, try to be close as possible (Near hitting or hit also can :P ), then that people might normally loose control. then u takeover at the point. :_:

But when u takeover, just see if he follow u and cucuk again or not. if the people keep repeat cucuk u... don't play liao la, care of engine and life better (which mean that people already crazy, and why we want to follow them?)....
If the people no follow u already, then u won this race already.

Normally, they won't chase u back already.

mastakilla

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
erwan said:
yup....i agree wit rollakid,
you know why....because these ppl with new cars tend to 'jaga air muka' since they hav new car wit new engine..so,this should not be happening to them..
and 2nd, jealousy?yup...that's maybe rite too...but its not our fault!We love old car and we modified it with good engine...thats not a crime..!to me consider not a good attitude for those ppl who do that..sumtime, malas nak layan when it happens to me..ahh..those 'poyos'...
anyway..i'm proud with my ride....
yeah..especially ppl with "new" and also "expensive" cars..such Bxx .. Exx ..heheh

They can't help but feeling slapped in the face if overtook and eat smoke from 86'-89 cars lol.

for us,its a pride..using small cc engine,old car,standard gaban exterior but still can compete wth those big "sissy" cars :shades_smile:

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
and now adays

vios'es and cityliliness and waja-illusions driven by young kids~

i like old cars just because i can;t afford to by a new 100K cars..
so reasons like
i fixed up my old car so it could run as new as possible
and so when i fixed it up..haha..i also liek modification and always had the physco to beat as many cars a possible dun care if its's old or new ma~

so...this kinda ego's in ourselves also trigger the jealousy among us and other people~

so liek this and hat lo~

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
mastakilla said:
yeah..especially ppl with "new" and also "expensive" cars..such Bxx .. Exx ..heheh

They can't help but feeling slapped in the face if overtook and eat smoke from 86'-89 cars lol.

for us,its a pride..using small cc engine,old car,standard gaban exterior but still can compete wth those big "sissy" cars :shades_smile:
don't say new and expensive lar, saga LMST driver also same (no offence to all saga driver lar, just that particular one i meet on the road).

i usually jump off the line at traffic light, quite a spirited acceleration, but by no means redlining the engine lar. then stop and cruise at 80km/h (follow traffic, speed limit there 70km/h only). Then there's that saga LMST behind me, maybe he felt like kena left behind or something, since suddenly i hear that loud muffler of his, stock one lar, like press the gas deep deep only.

then at the second traffic light i'm the first car again, this time he stop at the slower lane of the 2 lane road. din really notice lar. when green light i just do as i always do, but i did out accelerate him lar, didn't think much at that time, but suddenly i see him cut back to my lane and cucuk me from behind. I'm like wtf? rush hour wor.. dun wan play now lar..

i can't move to the left to let him pass since there's alot of traffic, and i can't just speed up because there's car in front of me. I could however zig zag my way through the traffic but if he follows me, it'll be street racing and i don't want that. so i dun care about him lor.. but he's kinda getting on my nerv lar cuz he's close enough for me to see his pimple already.

then at the next traffic light, i need to turn right (a 4 lane crossroad, i stop at the 3rd lane, since 3rd and 4th for turning right.). he stop at the second lane, so i thought its finally over. when the green light turns on, i just went on my way, but that saga LMST just cut into my lane and turn right!! and since the road is wide and probably the most used road for speeding in the little city of kuching, he speeds and rev like mad.

i kinda got ticked off at that moment, since he probably scared that poor aunty when he cut over the lane. So, me itchy liau lor, hit 2nd gear and whack the throttle all the way. That time we're already more than 15 car's length, but i manage to shoot pass him in 3rd gear in a few second. after that i just slow down, and i see that he slow down also.. lol.. dunno what he's thinking lar but to me, lol damn syok old car beat new car, even if its just a saga lmst, probably because the driver is abit lansi one.. :P

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
yupp... me also faced this problem and VS with the LMST. The driver are damn stupid, he didn't measure between Nismo version S15 and LMST HP is how much different....

At the time, he keep chasing me.. and always want to take over. At the time I drive it slow only, about 80kmj-1 only. He seem very keen to takeover me, then i left him go lor.... After i let's him go, turn the gear from gear 5 to gear 3... then follow him back... follow until 140 kmj-1, his car seem cannot go already. Then i beam it... see what he can do lui... BTW, he also try to escape from me...

Until 160kmj-1 he car burned, the white smoke come out from his car...
his car ran to side then i pass by... then i stopped about few feet ago... I press and press to generate the blow off sound and to give him angry... I say common gal, want to play some more? then i go... :P

with my Toyota LE also 1 time. The Satria GTI might think that my car is standard, due to my exhaust system haven't been touch.
He at trafficlight there, press me... seem like he are ready for the race already... but me keep in silent... with no press at all. When the light turned to green, I accelerate it, and give him a shocked at 2nd gear spinning. But he not take care, continue keep going. When during the corner, I give him kaw kaw... 90 degree corner, i take it 100kmj-1... but he i don't think so... and there is 3 corner 90 degree... after the 3 rd corner, he invisible from my mirror already... hehehe... nice also beat the new car...

wk1168

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Penang&Puchong
play till engine burned.. alamak.... that driver overeastimated his own ability

erwan

Known Member
Dec 27, 2003
scomatic said:
yupp... me also faced this problem and VS with the LMST. The driver are damn stupid, he didn't measure between Nismo version S15 and LMST HP is how much different....

At the time, he keep chasing me.. and always want to take over. At the time I drive it slow only, about 80kmj-1 only. He seem very keen to takeover me, then i left him go lor.... After i let's him go, turn the gear from gear 5 to gear 3... then follow him back... follow until 140 kmj-1, his car seem cannot go already. Then i beam it... see what he can do lui... BTW, he also try to escape from me...

Until 160kmj-1 he car burned, the white smoke come out from his car...
his car ran to side then i pass by... then i stopped about few feet ago... I press and press to generate the blow off sound and to give him angry... I say common gal, want to play some more? then i go... :P

with my Toyota LE also 1 time. The Satria GTI might think that my car is standard, due to my exhaust system haven't been touch.
He at trafficlight there, press me... seem like he are ready for the race already... but me keep in silent... with no press at all. When the light turned to green, I accelerate it, and give him a shocked at 2nd gear spinning. But he not take care, continue keep going. When during the corner, I give him kaw kaw... 90 degree corner, i take it 100kmj-1... but he i don't think so... and there is 3 corner 90 degree... after the 3 rd corner, he invisible from my mirror already... hehehe... nice also beat the new car...
waahhhh sifu.....:shocked:
u really know how get other ppl getting their blood pressure go very high laa...me like that aarr..tak berani woo...although always been 'harrast' by other cars....:confused_smile:

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
alaaaaaaaa... they use new and fast car also enter corner kaw2 step on brakes... fast on the straight only... u will see this a lot on the kerinchi link... starting from in front angkasapuri damn kaw2 zig-zag other car... sprint very fast... then enter corner brakelights like wanna explode already... kaw2 brake man.... boring2... but not all laaa... heheheh

i sokong scomatic's advide too cucuk cars new cars at corner... kalah - kalah laa... menang - big grin...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Errr.... guys i don't mean to be sensative, angry, commentive, blah blah.....

:angry_smile: BUT COULD YOU GUYS STOP POSTING ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE REVENGING ON THE ROADS?:angry_smile:

The subject was people reactions towards old cars. Which is fine if you talk about it in a positive way. But c'mon, cutting off, pushing, blocking, blah blah. Kind of explains the MALAYSIAN DRIVERS kind of attitude isn't it? And many of your guys have the audicity to say we meet many sucky drivers on the road. Please la," cermin diri" before making statements here. If ya wanna talk about road rage, blah blah, there is always CAR TALK. :angel_smile:

I'm not a good driver on the road also. But at least i keep my stupid adventures to myself. I'll say it again..... i am no angel...... hear me sing..... i am no angel..... hahaha:_:

erwan

Known Member
Dec 27, 2003
ooppssss....another sifu's warning...
sorry aarr sifu....got a bit emo lahh....
and now, lets go back to our roots....hehehheeehee...

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
i like my old car..i love it..been driving it all around malaysia, she gave me no problem..sometimes at fuel pump stops some dudes came and asked if i wanna sell my old car..i said sorry..she's not for trade..thanks for asking..i always got attention with my old car..when i drive my wira i dont have those attention..i love my car..although it can be very hot in the cabin and noisy but i still drive it..no matter how people love or hate it..i say to my self..she brought me everywhere i want, my first date with my fioncee also with this car..eventhough that first day i brought her out for a date, the day was raining heavily, with one wiper and help from rain-x..rain pouring in mercilessly through windshield leaks..my fioncee and i was so wet like we ride a convertible in the rain with the roof off..wow..what an experiece..i was afraid that she hates that car..but since then we have been out together till now for 5 years and going to marry her this november..yeye..alaa...if u think people hate our old car..just think positive about ur ride.most of the time i drive slow during heavy traffic..cant afford to find spare parts for my old car if hit somebody..could cost insanely high..and hard to find.i just think about that..but hey..me just human..sometimes people like to provoke old scoolers like us..and if provoked i must say..i chicken out and i just run away..i dowan to fight2..we all share the same experience.

Last edited:

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
kh_tan.tripod.com
I'm not sifoo.... i'm sifaatttt! hahaha.

No lar. I mean keep toyota thread clean la. Got guys who sell items here also moderator be linient. We talk trash/ talk cock also ok. But come on the road... keep to ourselves la.

If wanna share also can. Wanna hear mine? I one threw water bottle at a car because he cut my lane and brushed my front bumper. We stopped at traffic light i just wind down window and threw the bottle at the fellas car. I shouted at him and he sped off.

My neighbour A reversed ito my car's door and rear fender. I wanted to throw brake fluid, hammer or punture their family corolla. But never did. I just said its ok. One neighbour wanna park into his house took off my right side signal lamp. I also said ok no problem. But other side of me said wanna hammer, throw brake fluid on their Ford Sedan.

One lady driver in CRV bang and dented my rear bumper. At a traffic light. We stopped roadside. I wanted to kick her plastic bumper so it fall off. Because i know chrome bumper cannot be knocked back again. Have to buy new set. But i just told her off. Police station so damn near also never made police report.

And daily i meet so many stupid drivers on the road. I let them go and pray they meet their fate soon. Hell doesn't want them, heaven doesn't need them. Scary huh? hehehehehe.

In the end my car bear the grunt of malaysian drivers.

erwan

Known Member
Dec 27, 2003
alamak...so sad to hear la bro..insaf when i read ur story!
i guess i'm a bit lucky thank yours laa...havent been knocked ...and i pray not to happen to me....

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
kh_tan.tripod.com
If you notice, more accidents happen when my car is not moving. hahaha. I'm just waiting for a satellite, plane and meteor to hit my car. hahaha.

Its just too easy to get angry loose control, attack the person back. But so very very hard to stay calm. Understand that, everything looks clear and slow motion. Like high on substance abuse. hahaha.

Ok la no more anger management. Back to topic.

Its obvious many many people stare at my car. The obvious is the color. Shitty red. hahaha. And also more when i got these funky new wheels i spray painted myself. Its just too color co-ordinated. I still get tailed now and then. I just hold my line until they get fed up (Usually very fast). And the pass off. The exhaust has a big exit pipe. Lookes like turbo pipe. I wonder if that was the reason for people tailing me. And i'm less likely to be tailed by an old school car than some wira/wajalutions. hehehe. This month my car has a national flag on it.

Oh yeah, few DCM members waved me few times. Must have been the sticker i have. hehehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:D do u have such experience?when collect bills with big amount but don know where have been repair,lets share ur experience
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience