Which shop is da best for smoking head/tail lamps?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

justgti

Known Member
Halo guys, i know this topic has been discussed a long time ago, however can't seem to find the thread anymore..so can the sifu's pls recommend and also how much will it roughly cost? tankiew :)

can try GCmotortsport. . Rm150 quoted

BTW, What is smoking head/tail lamps? Anyone can explain? Got pictures?

Originally posted by sasuke@Feb 21 2005, 11:03
BTW, What is smoking head/tail lamps? Anyone can explain? Got pictures?
u look at ur CTR healight & ur stock 1, any difren.?? the CTR 1 is called smoking headlight.......i oso dunno why....haih ;)

maybe asap is black kua..so called it smoked lor...hahaha :lol: and to everyone who replied, thanks a lot, i think i will try kakimotor as they did a good job on my previous visit..was quoted rm 200...

bro, DIY kenot le..later instead of getting smoked headlamp, i get the aqua effect as well...hehe, i'm lousy in DIY's :ph34r:

Originally posted by sasuke@Feb 21 2005, 11:45
Oh that one call smoke... A shop quote me RM200 for the job also. Not really nice leh. Still prefer genuine.
rm7xx-rm11xx for real 1 ???........ehehheheh :lol: :lol: :lol:

save ur $ n DIY..
it cost me rm30 to lend equipments n tools from my fren n we DIY at his acc. shop.. normal price is rm150~rm300.. it takes 3 hours+ for me to finish it..
wat u need?
1> Hi-Temp Black Paint ( RM18 i think ) can add clear coat also but if it melt.. then i dunno ar.. i suggest oni..
2> Tools tat can take off ur bumper n headlight.
3> Heatgun < it's a must
4> Glue < power glue .. dunno wat they call it.. dun hav to use dis if ur skilled.

Step by step :-
1> take off ur bumper
2> take off ur headlight
3> use the heatgun n adjust to heat tat can melt the glue but not ur headlight. < careful wif dis.. dis is the hardest part..
4> after ur glue melted.. step by step/ slowly use screwdriver to pill it off n pull open the headlight.. i mean SLOWLY else ur gonna broke ur glass ..
5> after all that.. spray ~! spray ~! DRy~! spray again ~! dry~! spray again for best result..
6> put back the glass n then use the heatgun again to melt the glue.. stick it back.. becareful wif dis.. always becareful when using the heat gun.. it can melt ur headlight..
7> tat's all.. install headlight n bumper back.. u got the black face headlight..

I don't think those shops mentioned can make the headlights looks exactly like the original gunmetal plated finishing, but will get a layer of dull flat black color effect. I have seen the one done by Best One on EK headlights and honestly it's nothing close to the original.

One of my friend did it on his EK by using only clear coat mixed with a few drops of black paint and the end result is excellent, looks excactly like the original EK9 since the clear coat didn't cover up the chrome plated finishing. Once again, I don't know how long it will last since headlights are pretty hot after 1 hour usage. However, he had done that for a year so far so good.

If you really wanna do it, better make sure the guy do a good job. Otherwise, not only you can't get the smoked headlights effect, but a fogged up headlights instead. Or worst you will eventually get a pair of fucked up headlights...

Originally posted by sasuke@Feb 23 2005, 21:42
Agreed with Hikaru, if u wan a Gunmetal/titanium colour CTR headlights better buy genuine part. If u don mine a flat colour CTR headlights, then smoke it.
oooo... mentang2 sudah ada ctr ori h/lamp... :D :lol:

ahhahahahaa....sasuke lagi ada soundstream spider in his car... :D

yea, its very troublesome if you wanna smoke it..done mine already...just crossing fingers that water and fog dun get inside..if not ...time to buy new headlamps *touchwood* cheers :)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom