what's the best for sss?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

time2drift

Known Member
hmmm guys... i need ur opinion here. what is the best engine for a bluebird sss(910)? is it sr20(silvia), ca18(180sx) or rb20(skyline r32)? will it be ok if i use a CA or SR engine on this car? enuff power ka? is a RB20 powerful? coz i have seen a cefiro a31 with turbo engine(most probably rb20) 'tekan', and the car acceleration is damn slow. <_< what's the best engine and most economical(fuel consumption, maintenance, spare parts etc.). thanks guys!

Cefiro is heavy. Bluebird SSS is lighter. RB20 fits easily in bluebird chassis. so should be more powerful than fitting in a cefiro. But it also depends on the condition of the engine, mods done to it and such.

Just my 2 cents... :D

having dilemma in nissan engines??...
u might wanna consult cmng (nickname in zth)
well...he knows a lot about nissan cars and engines
but I'm sure he will suggest an RB engine series at the end of the day

to me i will suggest SR series to u

erm...is bluebird also known as nissan altima??

Originally posted by time2drift@Feb 17 2005, 21:55
hmmm guys... i need ur opinion here. what is the best engine for a bluebird sss(910)? is it sr20(silvia), ca18(180sx) or rb20(skyline r32)? will it be ok if i use a CA or SR engine on this car? enuff power ka? is a RB20 powerful? coz i have seen a cefiro a31 with turbo engine(most probably rb20) 'tekan', and the car acceleration is damn slow. <_< what's the best engine and most economical(fuel consumption, maintenance, spare parts etc.). thanks guys!
It depends on your budget...Power is never enough :)
RB & CA is not as expensive as SR. Now days our chop shop is exporting SR to the US, they can get more $$$ rather than selling it here... there will be a day even a loose parts are hard to find. I've heard that...Lancer guys with SR engine is switching to CA.

yea.. that thru
SR part is exp nowday compared to last time

go to CA or RB ..
or best keep as OEM

The best is if u have the money. SR easy job. RB20 cruiser 25 power. Parts wise go for RB. Depends on what u wanna .....get the Stagea RB25. Nice dash to fit in ur 910. My opinion.

Good luck.

actually, i like SR. but after u guys said that sr is going to becoming extinct, then it's a hard decision to make. if im using a rb20, surely enuff power ka??? can i use the rear axle and its gearbox? it is a perfect fit??? jpj can lepas ka???

If ur using 910, Rb20 is the wise choice (more then enuf power)..
I got a dozen frens with this setup. Rear R32 axle will not fit..(after trial n error experience). U need R31 rear g/box n lower arm.. crossmember frm DR30.. g/box mounting need some mods. Firewall needs a bit of banging.

Gud Luck bro

:D :D :D

hmmm... seems that it will have a long way to do it. i dunno it is that difficult. cos somebody told me that anything from the later nissan fr will fit into the sss. if i cant use the r32 rear axle, what is the best axle for me? preferably the one with lsd. sure ah cant fit the r32 rear axle? someone has dun it before i think, but dunno whether r32 or a31 axle... :P

how's bout sr20 engine? will it fit nicely in my engine bay? how much is the halfcut ah??? single throttle body wan...

SR20DET h/c price went up already... expect around 5k for good ones but if you look around should still find one that's reasonably priced :lol:

yes go for RB20. want more power go for RB25. RB25 h/c price almost the same as SR20. Big enough engine bay it's seems a waste not to use it. If I can fit RB in my car I would. but then everything would be too cramped inside the enginebay. :(

hmm... RB20 is just enuff rite. but somebody said that the rear axle of r32 will not fit into my sss, is that true? how's bout the mounting? is is th same?

Hmm i've recently got interested in 910 also. I wanted to ask to similar questions, time2drift, but since u aready opened a thread on that, i dont have to anymore haha....

I've read a magazine, and the 910 the magazine reviewed was with RB20, and also using R32 axle, so can this be done or not? seeing that the magazine already showed that the 910 used R32 axle, then it should be possible to fit it in right?

SR20 is stronger than RB20 right?SR20 has 240hp or so and RB20 has only around 210hp...
And i always thought that SR20 is easier to find branded aftermarket parts than RB20... till now, i've never come across any brands that produces performance parts for RB20, but topui said there are a lot in the market.

Also, im kinda interested in R32 dash... can it be installed in the 910?

Thanks

p/s: sorry for hijacking your thread, time2drift >.<

higher hp doesnt mean more reliable
and in malaysia ... yeah more part for rb20

The 910 fitted with r32 axle was welded in place n wasnt safe at all. R31 axle is almost bolt on..(got lsd). Dash is possible but doesnt look soo gud.. 2 frens of mine are using r32 dash on their 910. If u want to see, I can arrange a meet up.

Originally posted by DinNismo@Mar 2 2005, 03:24
The 910 fitted with r32 axle was welded in place n wasnt safe at all. R31 axle is almost bolt on..(got lsd). Dash is possible but doesnt look soo gud.. 2 frens of mine are using r32 dash on their 910. If u want to see, I can arrange a meet up.
haha sorry, cant see, im in kuching....
hmm can r31 rear axle support higher boost and hp applications?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom