What should I do for 4G93?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
i read ur thread. a bit confusing for non technical guys like me but i roughly get the idea. which one is the FIDC in the pics? btw, my mechanic has installed a FITT which is a buncha hoses and a valve to allow me to adjust the timing when aircon compressor kicks in. i can turn the valve to adjust and it prevents my engine from stalling (i have a problem that the engine rpm drops sometimes twice in a row when throttle is not open. FITT prevents rpm from dropping until engine stall)

i read ur thread. a bit confusing for non technical guys like me but i roughly get the idea. which one is the FIDC in the pics? btw, my mechanic has installed a FITT which is a buncha hoses and a valve to allow me to adjust the timing when aircon compressor kicks in. i can turn the valve to adjust and it prevents my engine from stalling (i have a problem that the engine rpm drops sometimes twice in a row when throttle is not open. FITT prevents rpm from dropping until engine stall)

err... Confusing ka? Nothing much actually. Just get the water passage removed completely, print out the drawing with 7 holes and send it to
engineering shop. Get the plate mounted substituting the ISC mount block with water passage. And get the FICD connected.

FICD is the black color device beside the TB.

maybe i should juz replace my ISCD which might be koyak oredi. lolz. i m stuck wif wad to do now. one thing is my engine will drop rpm very very low for 2 times in a row once a while. if i don't use the FITT my engine will go off. lolz

maybe i should juz replace my ISCD which might be koyak oredi. lolz. i m stuck wif wad to do now. one thing is my engine will drop rpm very very low for 2 times in a row once a while. if i don't use the FITT my engine will go off. lolz

ISC cost RM50 for a used unit. We don't know how the condition is. So, it's a risk. A new one from Proton is damn 9 7 expensive... If i'm not mistaken, the last time i called Proton up to ask. I think they quoted me a few hundred bucks...

Even then, u'll have the same problem in a couple of years...

U can print out the post and show it to ur mechanic. He'll know what to do... Simple.

If u dun mind flying hoses in ur engine bay, here u are.

FICDINSTALLATION.jpg

where can i get the FICD and how much would it be? my FITT connects to the points in ur drawing so i m not sure if i should touch them. haven't got the time to take the pics yet. will update wif pics when i can.

where can i get the FICD and how much would it be? my FITT connects to the points in ur drawing so i m not sure if i should touch them. haven't got the time to take the pics yet. will update wif pics when i can.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/325035-toyota-ficd.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/340038-store-clearance-toyota-ficd.html

Or halfcuts.

Price should be able to nego.

Try whichever serves better.

here's the pics of the FITT i have. its the valve thingy at the top right corners.

Attachments

• DSC00071.jpg
    DSC00071.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 254
its funny how my engine rpm will drop 2 times when in free gear during air con operation. even when car is stationery.

U have to unplug the existing ISC. It should be better. And u can just get a FICD and try to replace the FITT. Try try. See whichever serves better... Then keep it.

can u advise me where to unplug the ISCD? wad would the effect on this be on my timing and engine?

The reason is to make sure there's only 1 device controlling ur iddling. There's 2 sockets connected to the tb. 1 is tps, another is isc. The one facing the firewall behind the tb is the isc.

When both isc n ficd is connected, both devices will interfere each other. The reason for ficd is, it's a single direction valve when not activated. I don't know abt fitt.

any specific reason for unstable idling and ignition timing?

K Bro If possible u can come over to my garage.
And i will check the problems as per yr mentioned ,without any charges and free labour cost,then if there any parts to changes or damaged it will charged u back.

Thanks for your informations and concern with us.We are Mh Tuner Motorsports and formely known as Mal Auto Garage (MAG) Shah Alam.

Please do no hesistate to call us at Mohd Ikmal 0193454710,

Address No.7&9,Jalan TP7/1,Sime UEP Industrial Park,Subang Jaya ,40400.

And Mh Tuner Holdings Sdn.Bhd. [Pennzoil AutoCare],No.2,Jalan Pinggiran USJ,Subang Jaya,47610,Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Regards,
Mohd Ikmal [Mal]

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom