What is your first car?

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
My first ever car is a Perodua Kancil 850GLX....It was my toy at the time....I modified it until it felt like a 4-strokes G-kart that was quite fast....But at the time...all my friends were driving a faster & better car than me such as Proton Putra, Satria, Wira, Corolla & Civic EG9....I was left behind like a mile whenever we all go 'konvoi'...but it wasn't long when i finally got a Satria GTi for my second car and i quickly became in the middle of the pack cos mine was quite fast as well....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Before B110, there is B10 which is the first generation Sunny. Looks like you are very familiar with Datsun lineup. I just learned these recently. The one my grandfather used to own is B310. I think before B310, he owns the older B110 which kinda looked like Datsun 510 a bit.
Not really but my ex colleague modded and race in B110, my dad had a B210. That time under the name Datsun was one of the most popular cars around.....:driver:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
I started out with the Proton Wira, and now my current ride is also a Proton Wira haha
Love it to bits

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It's d earlier DA6 model..came wiz d 1.6 VTEC twin cam (d auto version was a single cam VTEC)...got it after I graduated..it was considered a fast car for its time...running on 16 borbet rims n eibach springs (those days adjustables were either unheard off or was just too expensive)..
VTEC twin cam? Means is B16A early batch? (VTEC kecil as they call it here). I think that is still a fast car even by today's standards... I mean, how many ordinary cars on the road that produces 160hp. Driving Integra back then is like driving FD2R now. :biggrin:

My first ever car is a Perodua Kancil 850GLX....It was my toy at the time....I modified it until it felt like a 4-strokes G-kart that was quite fast....But at the time...all my friends were driving a faster & better car than me such as Proton Putra, Satria, Wira, Corolla & Civic EG9....I was left behind like a mile whenever we all go 'konvoi'...but it wasn't long when i finally got a Satria GTi for my second car and i quickly became in the middle of the pack cos mine was quite fast as well....
But now you are driving CLS350 (saw your other thread post), hahaha. You have made it big in life, from Kancil to CLS.

Not really but my ex colleague modded and race in B110, my dad had a B210. That time under the name Datsun was one of the most popular cars around.....:driver:
Can share more about old school mods in B110? Interested to know what kind of things that people do back then.

B210 should look kinda cool back in the days due to the sloping design at rear bonnet.

I started out with the Proton Wira, and now my current ride is also a Proton Wira haha
Love it to bits
Your Wira is just no ordinary Wira. :biggrin:

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
VTEC twin cam? Means is B16A early batch? (VTEC kecil as they call it here). I think that is still a fast car even by today's standards... I mean, how many ordinary cars on the road that produces 160hp. Driving Integra back then is like driving FD2R now. :biggrin:

But now you are driving CLS350 (saw your other thread post), hahaha. You have made it big in life, from Kancil to CLS.

Yeah bro....i really sky-rocketted....i believe sky's the limit....so, worked hard and live life....didn't forget to help my friends along the way....i guessed rezeki bagus.

Can share more about old school mods in B110? Interested to know what kind of things that people do back then.

B210 should look kinda cool back in the days due to the sloping design at rear bonnet.

Your Wira is just no ordinary Wira. :biggrin:
Yeah bro....i really sky-rocketted....i believe sky's the limit....so, worked hard and live life....didn't forget to help my friends along the way....i guessed rezeki bagus.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hahaha, sometimes when a person meets the right people in their life, their careers and future really can change drastically. There are also some with good qualifications but never meet with the right people before and remained more or less the same throughout the rest of their lives.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The 3 Mitsubishis are Lancers? So, Holden is being sold in Indonesia?

Din't expect a Corona to be that bad. Or is that due to the poor condition of the car when you got it?
2 Lancers (1991 & 1996) and 1 Eterna/Galant (1993). Holden was sold in the 60s & 70s in Indonesia.

Well keep in mind this was 1978 car! At that time, this car was normal, just like any other car of its time, so don't compare even with 80s cars onwards. I drove that car until early 90s though.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello all, i feel like a baby to even mention my first car among all your classic collections tracing back to the 70s! my first car is a Nissan Sunny 130Y '88 made, initially the family car then handed to me in 2006.

i traveled many miles in that car with my family, got into countless non-fatal accidents and breakdowns after its passed to me, surprised or rather unimpressed many girls when i rolled up in an old boxy Sunny on first dates. that car is one loyal sturdy vehicle that served my family well until it was stolen in 2010!!

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
hello all, i feel like a baby to even mention my first car among all your classic collections tracing back to the 70s! my first car is a Nissan Sunny 130Y '88 made, initially the family car then handed to me in 2006.

i traveled many miles in that car with my family, got into countless non-fatal accidents and breakdowns after its passed to me, surprised or rather unimpressed many girls when i rolled up in an old boxy Sunny on first dates. that car is one loyal sturdy vehicle that served my family well until it was stolen in 2010!!
I feel ya bruh!! My car got stolen back in mid 2014!!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
2 Lancers (1991 & 1996) and 1 Eterna/Galant (1993). Holden was sold in the 60s & 70s in Indonesia.

Well keep in mind this was 1978 car! At that time, this car was normal, just like any other car of its time, so don't compare even with 80s cars onwards. I drove that car until early 90s though.
So, one of the Lancer would be the CK version and another would be CB (the one that Wira is based on) I suppose? They sure worth a lot if you have the cars in Malaysia. Almost like the dream machine for most Wira owners. :biggrin:

1978 to early 90s is like a decade plus. Shouldn't be that bad can it? I mean, even today, you see people driving and having fun with AE101, AE92, Civic EF which they all are over 2 decades old.

Hehe, sounds like you are also another young member over here compared to many of the uncles.

But why would someone target to steal a Sunny. :confused: If it is those cars which is hot on theft list like Satria GTi, Putra, Civic EG/EK I would understand, but what kind of value can the thief get from a Sunny.... Don't think even the parts are worth anything much.

I feel ya bruh!! My car got stolen back in mid 2014!!
Is it the MIVEC Wira? Read about that before from your featured article

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
and believe it or not guys....my satria GTi got stolen in 2005 at Taman Danau Desa, Jalan Klang Lama.....Since then i sort of given up playing with cars & modification....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i forget wats my first car d wor
I can't believe this.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

and believe it or not guys....my satria GTi got stolen in 2005 at Taman Danau Desa, Jalan Klang Lama.....Since then i sort of given up playing with cars & modification....
Car theft cases had become worse and worse in recent years especially in KL areas. That is why sometimes when some of my friends ask me if I want to stay in KL next time, I told them not really... Three car related reasons mostly.
1. Traffic jam
2. Theft rate
3. Accommodation (din't like the idea of living in an apartment/flat and left the car downstairs)

You can mod your CLS though... 3.5 litre. A lot of potential to play with.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Need some feedback on getting a new set of suspension.

I know i shouldn't be comparing but i need opinions on both absorbers from existing users. I'm more of a comfort oriented person and my current stock absorbers are too soft and my car quite easily scrapes against the road when going thru a bumpy road. I talked to HWL salesman and apparently he can get a softer spring to match with the HWL adjustables as in stock form, HWL are actually very hard.

On the other hand, i spoke to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience