What Car ? Why ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Just a question, if let's say that I am 23-26 years old and I wanted to buy some budget performance car like EG,EK Civic, A31 Cefiro, AE110/AE111 Corolla, 4G63T Satria/Perdana/Putra. Is that not wise as well? If I really bought those, I would not use them as a daily car.

Honestly, I don't see any of those cars as performance cars. I just see those cars as potentially powerful tuner cars. If kept in the stock form, they are quite easily drivable daily. This guy was talking about a GTR. That's on a completely different scale.

I would take a Putra as a daily drive anytime. Stock form is already fantastic and with a few suspension upgrades it would be fantastic already.

Ver 9 WRX STI is better than Evo 8 isn't it?

Because Evo parts can be used by many cars such as proton cars. So, that's why it is more popular among thieves?

Oh come on. Are we really going to have another Evo vs Scooby argument? Both are big targets for thieves because of the demand. Big demand = big potential thief magnet.

Honestly, I don't see any of those cars as performance cars. I just see those cars as potentially powerful tuner cars. If kept in the stock form, they are quite easily drivable daily. This guy was talking about a GTR. That's on a completely different scale.

I would take a Putra as a daily drive anytime. Stock form is already fantastic and with a few suspension upgrades it would be fantastic already.

Oh come on. Are we really going to have another Evo vs Scooby argument? Both are big targets for thieves because of the demand. Big demand = big potential thief magnet.

Well, those cars that I've mentioned earlier are okay if they are kept in stock form. But all of them have swapped their engines? Civic with B16A/B16B/B18CR, Corolla with 4A-GE, Cefiro with RB20DET/RB25DET and Putra/Satria/Perdana with 4G63T?

Well, those cars that I've mentioned earlier are okay if they are kept in stock form. But all of them have swapped their engines? Civic with B16A/B16B/B18CR, Corolla with 4A-GE, Cefiro with RB20DET/RB25DET and Putra/Satria/Perdana with 4G63T?

I'm not entirely sure of your question. Would swapped engine cars be ok for daily drives? Well that totally depends on your capabilities dude.

I used to have a FD, that killed me in terms of maintenance since it was an old car and petrol was murder. Full tank gave me tops 240km. So the car sold off as quickly as I had bought it. But at the same time I know someone in my office who is using a RX8 with slightly more FC than me and he's ok with it.

So up to you man. A putra with 4G63T would be bloody awesome. I almost went the 63T way with my Wira but ended up rejecting it only because of JPJ endorsement. I probably would have regretted it afterwards and end up driving my Myvi instead of my Wira. But hey, who doesn't love the lekat kerusi feel whenever you boooooooooooooooooooost.

i'd just keep the money and buy an old e30 and i dont have to blardy pay the bank monthly for years.

dont fret when u get old the time (like me) if you dont save up during your younger years, you gonna be fried when u get older.

I heard Putra is quite high in terms of FC no? I know is a powerful car but drinks fuel quite good as well.

Nowadays seems like any cars are thief magnet, FD2R, DC5, Civic, Camry...went missing. Even Old cars like Nissan Sunny can be stolen.

Just park at the right place and have a good security for the car will do. Prevent as much as we can.

High Revving cars, usually makan petrol but a friend own an EG Sedan, transplant a B16A and FC to him is quite good. 4AGE is not that bad as well.

If really want some fun and acceptable FC, SEG with 4AGE is a good car to start with or Civic with B16A since my friend claim the FC is quite good. His is A/T btw.

Actually its not what you have in material but your own skills. Its like a Sales job, some ppl make it naturally, some ppl work harder.

I'm not entirely sure of your question. Would swapped engine cars be ok for daily drives? Well that totally depends on your capabilities dude.

I used to have a FD, that killed me in terms of maintenance since it was an old car and petrol was murder. Full tank gave me tops 240km. So the car sold off as quickly as I had bought it. But at the same time I know someone in my office who is using a RX8 with slightly more FC than me and he's ok with it.

So up to you man. A putra with 4G63T would be bloody awesome. I almost went the 63T way with my Wira but ended up rejecting it only because of JPJ endorsement. I probably would have regretted it afterwards and end up driving my Myvi instead of my Wira. But hey, who doesn't love the lekat kerusi feel whenever you boooooooooooooooooooost.

No, what I mean is the swapped engine car is for weekend drive. Daily drive will probably be some cheap economical car like kancil, viva or myvi.

When you say FD, you mean FD3S RX-7 isn't it? For a moment I was thinking of Civic FD.

Well, if you can't get 63T, there is still the 93T as a substitute for it. Still got turbo and you can booooooost. :biggrin:

I heard Putra is quite high in terms of FC no? I know is a powerful car but drinks fuel quite good as well.

Nowadays seems like any cars are thief magnet, FD2R, DC5, Civic, Camry...went missing. Even Old cars like Nissan Sunny can be stolen.

Just park at the right place and have a good security for the car will do. Prevent as much as we can.

High Revving cars, usually makan petrol but a friend own an EG Sedan, transplant a B16A and FC to him is quite good. 4AGE is not that bad as well.

If really want some fun and acceptable FC, SEG with 4AGE is a good car to start with or Civic with B16A since my friend claim the FC is quite good. His is A/T btw.

Putra is using C99 chassis right? So, it is in the same league as Satria GTi and Wira 1.8 then?

I know these 1.6 high revving NA engines are good but because of their high compression, I'm not sure whether will they work fine with RON95 or not.
Hmm, you left out 2 more 1.6 NA engines. SR16VE and 4G92 MIVEC. But rarely people play with NA Nissan engines while the I heard a lot of comments that the MIVEC is no match for B16A and 4AGE.

Subaru wins in Malaysia for being less popular than the EVO among thieves. And the number of thieves increasing in Malaysia.

Keep your EVO's safe!
Or... Dress up your EvoX to look like Inspira.. Confirm Safe :D

When I was 23... hmm.. I was only Driving a Nissan Sunny. Was a a chick magnet? Well, I don't think so. But then I finally afford to get a used Honda Civic and later convert it into VTEC. Was it a chick magnet? Still no... HAHHAA. I think chick digs 2 door sports car. But yet again, depends on what Chick.

I think most importantly is personal satisfaction and budget.. and.. What do you really want/need

Most Turbocharged cars are Higher maintenance and for older Turbocharge cars, those cheap selling ones on the internet usually are waiting for a long list of parts to be swaped, replaced, overhauled....

N/A Performance cars are mush easier to maintain. VTECs especially can run low in budget by just maintaining the fluids and temperature... EK9 or S2000 Maybe?

A classy MX5 which is hard to get would be a nice fun car to drive and also sexy. Can keep it simple and quote the cartoon CARS... the Twins are MX5s :P Or.. with a little body kit, it can be a mean looking car too.... I would stare at one longer than any european sports car.

------------

Next would be.. Budget Performance Cars... Usually Old Skools or Older Turbocharge cars or Converted
KE70, Te71, SEG, EG Turbo, S13, Cefiro Converted....

Those are High powered along the same budget as the above.

HOWEVER... If you are not into maintaining cars or have the time to fix stuff always... these cars will end up in a Junk yard...

---------------

Next would be High Performance yet Day to Day car.

I personally go for 4 Door Saloon Sports car... :P For practicality

Subaru, Evos fit into this list.... But maintenance can be high and these cars have high value in the market although they are >10 years old for some..

--------------

Lets look into NEW cars.

Honda Civic
Mitsubishi Lancer
VW Polo
Budget will be 100-120k

Carefree for maintenance, Comfortable, Fuel economy are better than all the above performance cars.
Quality and looks are there.
Performance I would say in the city and most of the time can match the Performance Cars list.. (How fast can you drive in KL City... )

---------------

Since I owned all the above category.. here's my verdict..

The best Valued, Comfy, Good to drive.. Day to Day car of my choice?
- MyVi
I had 2 under my roof at one time... It is economical... Spacious... GOOD POWER on a little car... Fuel consumption is terrible in the highways...
Also owned a Suzuki Swift for a year... Which I call it, a more expensive MyVi.. Haha..

Chick Magnet? I guess it's just the same.. I think if you wanna attact GOOD Chicks, it does not matter what car you drive.. haha..

A car that is kinda a Balance of Fun, Good Looks MINUS 4 Door.. of my choice
- S15
Price these days are not too bad.
The engine is quite easily maintained. Most stuff can DIY can get from halfcut.
Looks GOOD.
Performance is GOOD
Can Drift or Track
Day to day is not so painful to the pocket.

Decision is yours.. we can help just as much based on our experience... End of the day, you are driving it...

Or... Dress up your EvoX to look like Inspira.. Confirm Safe :D

But those in the know will be able to spot the wide fender in Evo X even if you convert it to look like Inspira. The brembo and intercooler as well. LOL :biggrin:

I think you can also include the CR-Z manual into the new cars list.

No, what I mean is the swapped engine car is for weekend drive. Daily drive will probably be some cheap economical car like kancil, viva or myvi.

When you say FD, you mean FD3S RX-7 isn't it? For a moment I was thinking of Civic FD.

Well, if you can't get 63T, there is still the 93T as a substitute for it. Still got turbo and you can booooooost. :biggrin:

Putra is using C99 chassis right? So, it is in the same league as Satria GTi and Wira 1.8 then?

I know these 1.6 high revving NA engines are good but because of their high compression, I'm not sure whether will they work fine with RON95 or not.
Hmm, you left out 2 more 1.6 NA engines. SR16VE and 4G92 MIVEC. But rarely people play with NA Nissan engines while the I heard a lot of comments that the MIVEC is no match for B16A and 4AGE.

Not really familiar with Putra.

If not wrong some honda have got some knocking after fueling RON95, and B16A and 4AGE is no match for SR16VE or SR20VE :biggrin: King of NAs :top: if against K20A i not sure la :rofl:

But 4AGE my friend pump in RON95 is okay. I think most I heard knocking are from Honda cars.

Not really familiar with Putra.

If not wrong some honda have got some knocking after fueling RON95, and B16A and 4AGE is no match for SR16VE or SR20VE :biggrin: King of NAs :top: if against K20A i not sure la :rofl:

But 4AGE my friend pump in RON95 is okay. I think most I heard knocking are from Honda cars.

SR16VE not king yet. Must get the SR16VE N1 version only king. :biggrin: But even though the engine is king, must look at other factors also to determine how fast the car is. Kerb weight, weight distribution, ground clearance, type of suspension, gear ratio and etc. Many people praised old Civics for their superb handling. They have double wishbone suspension too. The question now is. can a Sentra with SR16VE N1 win against a Civic EG/EK with B16B/B16A?

K20A out of the category already. That one 2.0cc compared to 1.6cc in SR16VE N1 :biggrin:

4A-GE is nice. And the market price for Corolla with 4A-GE is way cheaper than Civic with B16A, B16B, B18CR. 4A-GE can put trumpet air intake also which looks cool, haha. But trumpet air intake is not suitable in Malaysia I think. :banghead:

4A-GE is nice. And the market price for Corolla with 4A-GE is way cheaper than Civic with B16A, B16B, B18CR. 4A-GE can put trumpet air intake also which looks cool, haha. But trumpet air intake is not suitable in Malaysia I think. :banghead:

That would depends what transmission to run with trumpet, if it is automatic power loss will be suffered instead. The other way round for manual, significant acceleration improvement. For a naked trumpet, yes not suggested maybe once in a while or track day. Alternatively get filter for each of the trumpet RM1xx-2xx so times four for all. I do have several buddies who runs with naked trumpet all the while, crazy fellas :driver:

SR16VE not king yet. Must get the SR16VE N1 version only king. :biggrin: But even though the engine is king, must look at other factors also to determine how fast the car is. Kerb weight, weight distribution, ground clearance, type of suspension, gear ratio and etc. Many people praised old Civics for their superb handling. They have double wishbone suspension too. The question now is. can a Sentra with SR16VE N1 win against a Civic EG/EK with B16B/B16A?

K20A out of the category already. That one 2.0cc compared to 1.6cc in SR16VE N1 :biggrin:

SR20VE is 2.0L :biggrin:

I can't just say is gonna be faster than the B16A vs SR16VE but a stock sentra with SR16VE Neo VVL on straight, did actually smoked my friend's modded SEG with 4AGE Blacktop.

That would depends what transmission to run with trumpet, if it is automatic power loss will be suffered instead. The other way round for manual, significant acceleration improvement. For a naked trumpet, yes not suggested maybe once in a while or track day. Alternatively get filter for each of the trumpet RM1xx-2xx so times four for all. I do have several buddies who runs with naked trumpet all the while, crazy fellas :driver:

Hmm, what will happen to the engine if it is running constantly on naked trumpet?

SR20VE is 2.0L :biggrin:

I can't just say is gonna be faster than the B16A vs SR16VE but a stock sentra with SR16VE Neo VVL on straight, did actually smoked my friend's modded SEG with 4AGE Blacktop.

Sorry, missed out the SR20VE earlier. :biggrin:

This means SR16VE is more powerful than 4A-GE Blacktop then.

Ver 9 WRX STI is better than Evo 8 isn't it?

Hmm not necessarily. Even so Evo VIII should compared against the older WRX V8 while the WRX V9 should be vs the Evo IX. :)

Hahaha, cannot get away from that, whenever both are mentioned as options to choose. Some (such as myself) will pick Evo and of course will state the reasons why, while some others will choose WRX with some other reasons too. As mentioned earlier, the battle will never ends as long as both are still around, hence the argument will also continue. :)

Well, Toyota Altezza with 1JZ-GTE is decent. You got the fr configuration on 4 door saloon with the almost bulletproof 1JZ engine.
It can be a daily, weekend, sleeper, drift, TT, touge... even a family car!
Btw, the question of 'which car....?" is really a subjective. Much depend on the individual's purpose / preference and budget.

Seriously,

The question should not be - what car and why.

Should be - which car and when

Hmm not necessarily. Even so Evo VIII should compared against the older WRX V8 while the WRX V9 should be vs the Evo IX. :)

Hahaha, cannot get away from that, whenever both are mentioned as options to choose. Some (such as myself) will pick Evo and of course will state the reasons why, while some others will choose WRX with some other reasons too. As mentioned earlier, the battle will never ends as long as both are still around, hence the argument will also continue. :)

Compared to Evo X, WRX STI V9 is better. According to what I saw at best motoring video that is.

I like both Evo and WRX STI very much. But when it comes to a situation where I am allowed to choose only one, then I'm going for WRX STI. But in certain generations, I like Evo more than WRX STI. For example like Evo III and Evo VI TME.

Compared to Evo X, WRX STI V9 is better. According to what I saw at best motoring video that is.

I like both Evo and WRX STI very much. But when it comes to a situation where I am allowed to choose only one, then I'm going for WRX STI. But in certain generations, I like Evo more than WRX STI. For example like Evo III and Evo VI TME.

Yup.. In terms of nimble handling... the STi Ver9 is nicer than the EvoX.
Actually true for Evo9 also, more nimble in the tracks than EvoX.

EvoX is heavy and more timid coming out from the factory. Tamed and have to be unleashed to the wilds...
:rofl:

Top Bottom