Warranty-Safe Upgrades

csjm88

Sep 12, 2006
Hi guys.

Would like to know what are some of the ways you can mod a brand new car without affecting its warranty? Meaning what kind of things can you tune without voiding it... I'm pretty sure ECU chips are out of the question right?

Thanks!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Usually I tune the attractiveness of the car toward females. This is done by putting soft toys in the car. Will never void warranty, and pretty good investment since you can attract many females.

The females who are not attracted are probably butch, stay away.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
That would be difficult, I guess changing to better tires? Debadge?

Usually I tune the attractiveness of the car toward females. This is done by putting soft toys in the car. Will never void warranty, and pretty good investment since you can attract many females.

The females who are not attracted are probably butch, stay away.
Thats a mod?:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys.

Would like to know what are some of the ways you can mod a brand new car without affecting its warranty? Meaning what kind of things can you tune without voiding it... I'm pretty sure ECU chips are out of the question right?

Thanks!
You can mod whatever that can plug and play, no alterations, like wiring cutting and all that.
If got any problem just remove and replace back with the original.....:biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
If not mistaken, in US of A we can practically modify anything about our cars as long as:
  1. It abide with the local automotive law there
  2. The manufacturer can prove that the modification that we've done is going to damage the car in anyway possible during the warranty period

sadly not the case here, we're on the mercy of the official service center of our car maker...

for example, there's one case I've read here in zth (can't remember)where a subaru impreza sti owner who bought his from the original distributor, has to go to court for a year (if not mistaken, again) just to claim his right to claim for warranty for damages caused by a snapped timing belts. Reason for invalid claim? me think because the owner change his rear muffler or something...

..my 2 over-inflated 2 sen la :adore:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That reminds me last time got one member said, SC refuse claim because change spark plug damaged the gear box........

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If not mistaken, in US of A we can practically modify anything about our cars as long as:
  1. It abide with the local automotive law there
  2. The manufacturer can prove that the modification that we've done is going to damage the car in anyway possible during the warranty period

sadly not the case here, we're on the mercy of the official service center of our car maker...

for example, there's one case I've read here in zth (can't remember)where a subaru impreza sti owner who bought his from the original distributor, has to go to court for a year (if not mistaken, again) just to claim his right to claim for warranty for damages caused by a snapped timing belts. Reason for invalid claim? me think because the owner change his rear muffler or something...

..my 2 over-inflated 2 sen la :adore:
I heard this one before. A blown engine and the claim was made invalid because of a muffler :stupid:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
1) De-odouriser/perfume
2) In-car Air Ioniser
3) Window Security tinting
4) Premium quality car lock

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
MAJORITY of our local service center staff seriously lacks the proper knowledge on cars and how it work....The technicians, they carry out the job and I can't say how many of them really know what's what....because no matter where you go to any brand of SC you will encounter a few that can't rectify problems properly...I'm not here bashing on the techs...I'm also a tech once doing cars....Some of the SA that work at SC have no knowledge on cars ones.....seriously..I've met many be it girls or guys....they joined in the company as SA from the 1st place....just like those sales people in the car showroom....

When I see the above posts...I can't stop not to laugh...spark plug causes damages to gearbox?? where's the logic in there....

Take example, if the engine got problem, and the owner have modded the suspension before than the engine warranty should be still valid because your engine is untouched...only warranty void is for the suspension system assembly, arm bushing, and drive shaft CV joints...the brakes will still under warranty.

correct if I'm wrong...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Long story short.. during warranty, u can't change anything at all..

if must change anything, must change at SC..

if not, warranty void..

Gudluck :burnout:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
MAJORITY of our local service center staff seriously lacks the proper knowledge on cars and how it work....The technicians, they carry out the job and I can't say how many of them really know what's what....because no matter where you go to any brand of SC you will encounter a few that can't rectify problems properly...I'm not here bashing on the techs...I'm also a tech once doing cars....Some of the SA that work at SC have no knowledge on cars ones.....seriously..I've met many be it girls or guys....they joined in the company as SA from the 1st place....just like those sales people in the car showroom....

When I see the above posts...I can't stop not to laugh...spark plug causes damages to gearbox?? where's the logic in there....

Take example, if the engine got problem, and the owner have modded the suspension before than the engine warranty should be still valid because your engine is untouched...only warranty void is for the suspension system assembly, arm bushing, and drive shaft CV joints...the brakes will still under warranty.

correct if I'm wrong...
When he mentioned the spark plug/gear box thing, I also went WHAT?:stupid:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Its not worth your time and trouble to fight with the SC. At the end of the day, waste YOUR TIME. Change rims will spoil the suspension? Tyres too wide so made the brake rotor warp? What kinda rubbish also SC will give to push the blame.

So they do less work, desk officer no need type report, technician no need to do work.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Its not worth your time and trouble to fight with the SC. At the end of the day, waste YOUR TIME. Change rims will spoil the suspension? Tyres too wide so made the brake rotor warp? What kinda rubbish also SC will give to push the blame.

So they do less work, desk officer no need type report, technician no need to do work.
Best is save $$$$

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
spot on guys:adore:

law? what is law now days.... when those :stupid:bastard (whoever they are) have "power" they can say/do whatever the f@@k they want to avoid any issue that's involve them (offcourse money is the main objective)

unless yourself a car mechanics you can fix minor fault then you can pimp the car any way you want with no problem.

keep it simple if it's still valid warranty :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys ,

anyone has good advice for this? intend to remove an original emblem
from my new car without damaging the paint.

also , how do i get rid of those nasty double sided tape leftovers?

tks in adv
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience