Vr4 block using Fairlady pistons 87mm

mobb

Known Member
To all sifus, i need ur kindly suggestions, info, knowledge here pls.
Currently im using standard evo2 engine but my piston has crack n damaged the piston hole...so my foreman said has to be rebore.
Im planning to use vr4 block + fairlady piston 87mm.
I need to know whether Is the compression ok n other stuff that has to be concern about.

Hope all the sifus out there comments about pro and cons using this set up.
Im gona use back all my evo item @ wiring, gbox, head.......

Thanks in advanced guys! :driver:

bro there are a lot of them are doing that in kl .....it would be better if u ask jinkl for more advice. he knows about mitsubishi..... :)

To all sifus, i need ur kindly suggestions, info, knowledge here pls.
Currently im using standard evo2 engine but my piston has crack n damaged the piston hole...so my foreman said has to be rebore.
Im planning to use vr4 block + fairlady piston 87mm.
I need to know whether Is the compression ok n other stuff that has to be concern about.

Hope all the sifus out there comments about pro and cons using this set up.
Im gona use back all my evo item @ wiring, gbox, head.......

Thanks in advanced guys! :driver:

can can do it no problem..THIS SeTUP PLUS Hicam plus turbo tr400r or tr400s fuhh...:adore:
plus lagi EMS fuhh LEH RACE KAT SEPANG..but cant win la..happy happy ok la..:biggrin:

this setup best for budget engine builder...if this engine push to the max..huh..confirm 'pecah'..:bawling:

Mr Jinkl hope ure happy2 to help me :itsme:

bebolagalas t..thanks for the reply

i just wondering with me using standard TD05 + 87mm piston..izzit can really fill the different. Somemore can i go up boosting?

i just wondering with me using standard TD05 + 87mm piston..izzit can really fill the different. Somemore can i go up boosting?

bro off cause la can..can used standard turbo also..
and for sure it different coz u already increase the cc OF THE engine bro..:itsme:

mobb, i am using 87mm fairlady piston as well for my evo 3 engine, pair with stock turbine , stock ecu & afc only . Running it with no problems .

I am using 4G64 (2400cc) block . The piston is much more better compare to evo std ... not afraid of boosting high .

mobb, i am using 87mm fairlady piston as well for my evo 3 engine, pair with stock turbine , stock ecu & afc only . Running it with no problems .

I am using 4G64 (2400cc) block . The piston is much more better compare to evo std ... not afraid of boosting high .

:hmmmm:...wired ....4G64 is long stroke and then 1 think i still thinking the high of the fairlady piston is lower then EVO , VR4 and 4G64 ( 1 mm or over i forget already )if like that then that mean ur block SKIM it before ? u dun tell me that u never SKIM it ? coz the compression is very low ....if u doesn't SKIM it then i think u r running high boost .

YES bro u can using the standard TD05 plus the piston and then u also can feel the diffrent at the toque .....and then u also can go to high boost, but for me no need go for the high boost coz the toque already high so i think in 4k or 5k rpm already full boost :biggrin:

hehe thanks for the reply guys..really helpful

Bro dotcom..what do u mean by "skimming"?
meaning should i really skim the block a bit or thats just a suggestions?

skimming mean is potong block ....yes 1mm u think is not more but if u calculate the ratio is more not abit coz the fairlady piston is lower then evo or VR4 block deck over then 1mm or 2mm so if u dun wan to skim it then sure very hard to drive it coz the compression is VERY LOW......!!!!

Hmmm..so cannot use metal gasket somemore la...rite?

I tot all the while plp skim engine head but not block?

Last edited:
u tell me how much is fairlady piston and how much is it to rebore and change original piston rings , then i will explain why i dint take that path :D

Skimming the block caused lost of engine cc?
:adore:

the cc still the same if you still using the same conrod lenght and crankshaft... just check whether the piston skirt able to clear the oil squiter when at btdc

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom