Volkswagen Polo Maintenance

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
hi bros
I have been browsing volkswagen polo for a while and im very much in love with the car
just a question...any bros here own one ?
mind to share on the maintenance and cost wise?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hi bros
I have been browsing volkswagen polo for a while and im very much in love with the car
just a question...any bros here own one ?
mind to share on the maintenance and cost wise?
Get in touch with this guy. He's the sifu and owner of the legendary red pocong!

Pocong GTI

firdausasri

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Xin,

Which Polo you're looking at? The new 1.2TSI? I've driven the car twice and found out the car to be a very good quality hatch in the supermini apart from the obvious Mini. That is if you can justify RM30k premium over the Fiesta 1.6S....

In terms of maintenance cost, should you go to VW SC, normal 15k interval service would be in the region of RM400+ which include VW 'Long-Life' oil and oil filter; and since it's dry clutch DSG, no DSG oil required to be replenish. In terms of pricing of the parts, if you compare with Protons and entry-level Japs, it's a bit on the high side but not much, just that parts availability is a bit tough. Alternatively, you can straight e-shopping from Germany, UK :)

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

In the case of the predecessor 9N3, it's pretty cheap :)

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
If you dont mind waiting, i read some where the new polo will be coming out in a gti variant. It'll have the 1.4 tsi engine instead of the 1.2. Its already out in singapore. The one which reaches our shore would be the 4 door version :banghead:

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
thnx bros for the replies
if u say service cost ard 400+ for 15k km...i think its worth it...cz currently im servicing my car every 4k km on my proton which cost me ard 120-130 each service...im just worried bout the parts like u mention...dont wanna hang the car for too long to wait for parts availability =)

contrary to that, how bout the fiesta maintenance and parts availability?these are the 2 cars on my mind right now...oh and also mazda 3 hatchback...decisions/////

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I came accross this Arospeed Engine Damper in this month HyperTune Magazine, so far i think only GTR have this thing on their stock car, what about other car, anybody use this before? They say this Damper will make the car more responsive and less vibration!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience