Unknown leakage near injector area!

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
Hey Bros,

I'm driving a 4g18 with a Bolt on turbo.

I currently have an unknown leakage near my injector area. It only occurs under full boosting at 0.8Bar. when i drive normal without flooring, no issue of leaks at all.

The substance is red in colour and does not evaporate at all. A mechanic told me it may be my injector seal leak and the substance is fuel. However, to my knowledge, fuel will evaporate almost instantly and should not leave behind red substances right? My injector seal next to the leak is also dry and not wet at all. More importantly, when i use a tissue to wipe it off, it does not smell like fuel. Smells more like grease/engine oil.

FYI, i'm using motul engine oil and the oil colour is not red. My radiator fluid is green colour. As u can see in the photo, the leak is not a major leak. Hence i'm unable to trace the source. So any sifu or gurus out there can advise on what this red substance maybe? Please see pictures attached below. Thanks alot!!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/img2562j.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/30698567.jpg/

Last edited:

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
red liquid usually are coolant....gear oil / steering oil.....i am not sure about fuel....

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
Hmmm but my coolant is green leh... So if it's really coolant, could it mean my head gasket blow?? Because that area is also near my cam cover?

A fren mentioned that it could be the "Gum" that is used between the mating points of the intake manifold to the engine which melt on high heat and start to give way on high pressure...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone
I drove a Peugeot 306
Bought it off MBF 18years ago
As I seldom drive my vehicle, I fear that when time pass
There would be defects as well the antirust wear out when time pass
Would like to enquiry shifu here how long
Restoration on Europe vehicles?
Thank you

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Restoration of antirust
On European vehicles
Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience