Ulu Yam trip

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

coriolis

Known Member
Ok guys, remember the talk about the Ulu Yam trip last weekend?
Here's a lowdown on the trip itself:

When?
Tentative to be on 4th weekend of August (22 or 23rd).
Time not sure, I suggest sometime around 9 (right after breakfast) for meet up and then convoy up there. Give a bit of this and that and it will be just right for lunch.

Why?
- Winding roads = great for driving. what we're here for right?
- 30 mins away from KL , suitable for 1 day trip on some weekend.
- Superb view on the way and at the top. Cameras please.
- Nice natural waterfalls, Ulu Yam Lake, Batu Dam = photography opportunity!
- Plenty of parking bays
- Famous food: Loh Mee, Hokkien Mee = non-Halal, sadly.
- For food, you'll find some stall near the waterfall. Food like nasi lemak, kuih-muih and drinks are served there.

How to get there?
- From Kuala Lumpur, head towards Batu Caves, look for signboard to Ulu Yam.
- To get to Batu Dam: From Jalan Ipoh, take a right into Jalan Sungai Tua. Follow signages towards Hulu Yam.

References:
Ulu Yam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ulu Yam Lake, Gombak, Selangor (KUALA LUMPUR) - Malaysia Travel Review
VirtualMalaysia.Com - The Official e-Tourism Portal for The Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia
backStreetGluttons: ulu yam lor mee
EatingAsia: Dough Story: In Ulu Yam, It's All About the Noodles

So anyone interested? This is what I managed to get from the net so far, but I've heard it's a popular destination for performance car owners. In packs.

Last edited:
Ah sorry, forgot to put the date. Too tired from driving to and from JB yesterday.
For now I wanna gauge how many people are interested. The more the merrier!

Hi bernard,
Thanks for the update and great work...... BTW i think sunday morning will be better.

Count me in

Hi bernard,
Thanks for the update and great work...... BTW i think sunday morning will be better.

Count me in

saturday morning is much better.... other's can't use "going to church" as an excuse ma.....

wokay, so we have at least 4 + myself for this one. Anyone else? Just give a Yes/No here.

And yes, do tell if anyone is going to church on Sundays.

Alternative date would be 30 or 31/8. Ramadhan starts on 1/9 right?

31st of Aug is not a good date as it is a public holiday..prob there will be lots of traffic on the road.
I will be joining if I can get my car out in time..:biggrin:

Hi Bernard.
Yeah.... I think lets make it in September cos August 31 is public holiday which will be a long weekend. Maybe many people will be out of town.
Let move it to 14th Sep. Bernard what do you think.? Guys your input also appreciated......

Hrmm in that case it's either 23/24 or after Raya.

Eh faster put name here, else we can't firm things up! I don't suggest proceeding until we have at least 5-8 cars minimum. Family/Spouse/Gf/Bf is welcome, of course.

Format: Name, Day preferred (Sat, Sun, Sat/Sun), Date preferred

1. Coriolis Sun 24/8

Last edited:
Hrmm in that case it's either 22/23 or after Raya.

Eh faster put name here, else we can't firm things up! I don't suggest proceeding until we have at least 5-8 cars minimum. Family/Spouse/Gf/Bf is welcome, of course.

1. Coriolis Sun 23/8
2. Ae111_Seg Sun 24/8

Hrmm in that case it's either 22/23 or after Raya.

1. Coriolis Sun 24/8
2. Ae111_Seg Sun 24/8
3. Greytezza Sun 24/8

Alamak, I haven't got to contacting the guys yet. List is with me, thanks Vijay!

Hey..I met bro Yap in TRial on Sat. and he told me he would be joining too...barring anymore problems with the car :biggrin:
Yo bro Yap..where r u...come come and register..

Top Bottom