Ultra Racing Bars

mk2

Jan 20, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Where would you recommend to get the Ultra Racing bars for BMW with reasonable price and good workmanship?

Thanks

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If you mean cheaper price, you may try searching for used units in car groups for your particular brand/model.

If good workmanship, I would expect the manufacturer UR itself, to know what's best for their product. Not like there's much open discounts with it's authorised dealers.

mk2

Jan 20, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi parakey, thanks for your recommendation but i doubt there is used unit for BMW F20 as I have tried couple of the shops having their price tag of RM280 in average which i think is a bit overpriced.

Interms of workman ship, i am after the installation workmanship rather than the bar itself.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi parakey, thanks for your recommendation but i doubt there is used unit for BMW F20 as I have tried couple of the shops having their price tag of RM280 in average which i think is a bit overpriced.

Interms of workman ship, i am after the installation workmanship rather than the bar itself.
Installation is so simple that workmanship is the same even if i install it for u.

which bar did u intend to install?
I am surprised as u want to install bars on an ultimate driving machine.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

You sound like you're looking at the front tower strut. Cuz nothing else is in that price range. That's the average cost of the front tower struts even for other car models.

I don't recommend finding used as the purpose of the bar itself is to stop the car from twisting (sort of laaa) so in a used unit, the bar itself probably would be twisted or bent to some degree. I've experienced this when I bought a used Satria GTI bar to use on my old Wira. It wouldn't install flat and had to be forced in then using the bolts, forced tightened down. Made a helluva lot of squeaking noises because it was deformed to some extent so I got rid of it and bought new. The new one just slotted in and very easily bolted down.

As for workmanship, I recommend EA Autoworks in Bukit Jalil, those guys are official UR sellers and have a lot of positive feedback. You'll need to make an appointment to see them though, most days they are understaffed to handle their incoming traffic. Speak with Drex Chan.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Banyak Masuk Workshop also.
Bring Me Worries......hhahahhahahhahah:biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

You sound like you're looking at the front tower strut. Cuz nothing else is in that price range. That's the average cost of the front tower struts even for other car models.

I don't recommend finding used as the purpose of the bar itself is to stop the car from twisting (sort of laaa) so in a used unit, the bar itself probably would be twisted or bent to some degree. I've experienced this when I bought a used Satria GTI bar to use on my old Wira. It wouldn't install flat and had to be forced in then using the bolts, forced tightened down. Made a helluva lot of squeaking noises because it was deformed to some extent so I got rid of it and bought new. The new one just slotted in and very easily bolted down.

As for workmanship, I recommend EA Autoworks in Bukit Jalil, those guys are official UR sellers and have a lot of positive feedback. You'll need to make an appointment to see them though, most days they are understaffed to handle their incoming traffic. Speak with Drex Chan.
Wah! previous owner must have really whacked it.....:burnout:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Today, I bought used front + rear ARBs for my Preve. Luckily they weren't as badly twisted as you had described. :proud:

I however agree with the point you are making. Not much use if a bar has got badly deformed; instead of preventing stress on your vehicle's body, deformed bars adds stress to it.

As a matter of curiosity, did that GTI meet with a major accident?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah! previous owner must have really whacked it.....:burnout:
Well, if you think about it - there's a lot of stress on the front tower strut as that part of the chassis was always meant to flex. Even if they didn't whack, it will still be under a lot of stress.

Today, I bought used front + rear ARBs for my Preve. Luckily they weren't as badly twisted as you had described. :proud:

I however agree with the point you are making. Not much use if a bar has got badly deformed; instead of preventing stress on your vehicle's body, deformed bars adds stress to it.

As a matter of curiosity, did that GTI meet with a major accident?
Oh you meant the ARB? If ARB that's a different story. ARBs don't take all the stress, it's spread out to the links and your chassis. Those can buy second hand no problems. It's the tower struts that shouldn't be bought second hand. Btw, it wasn't 'badly' bent or twisted, it was just twisted slightly and that was enough to not fit properly and the worst thing is you can't physically see the problem until you try installing it.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Btw, this is a front tower strut bar :

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well, if you think about it - there's a lot of stress on the front tower strut as that part of the chassis was always meant to flex. Even if they didn't whack, it will still be under a lot of stress.

Oh you meant the ARB? If ARB that's a different story. ARBs don't take all the stress, it's spread out to the links and your chassis. Those can buy second hand no problems. It's the tower struts that shouldn't be bought second hand. Btw, it wasn't 'badly' bent or twisted, it was just twisted slightly and that was enough to not fit properly and the worst thing is you can't physically see the problem until you try installing it.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Btw, this is a front tower strut bar :

Mine, the 4 pt strut had to had 1 person pull it in position and the other put in the bolts fit it in. But so far not really any squeaky noise. Only rattling noise from the bars. :rofl: Guess is cuz of the mounting.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
my satria 4point strut bar cant install 1 screw at firewall... if die2 want to install i need to jack one side and heavy leverage to fit..old chassis show its age with cracks and bent under lots of mileage....so installing bars is a must in my rulebook... :rofl:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
If you are into this sort of bars then i'd encourage you to head to their HQ and look for Elson, the boss. The F20 1 series is pretty new but i hope its new enough that Ultra Racing hadn't produced any. That way, Ultra Racing might consider taking your car in as their first unit to produce a new line of products for it based on it. They your set may just be free of charge, though i am unsure if they still practice this

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently heard about this product..anyone got install before?? really got increasement in perfomance meh?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience