Turbo

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
guys...i need some recommedation i got a 6a12tt,
what do u guys recommed me change to a single turbo(ballbearing turbo
) or stick with the twin but change it to td04 mod that turbine to ballbearing.is that relaible arr?

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
to me, i wuld prefer single turbo, at least it will kick in all the way to the red line. im not very sure how twin turbo werks, it might be abit sluggish during the 2nd turbo spools (i might be wrong). so conclusion change single turbo but bigger size than TD04 or else jus save ur time and money stick to ur twin turbo. moding TD04 to ball bearing i dun think it is worth it. how far can a stock fin TD04 go? 6k RPM then loss power in high end, at least TD06 den i guess it will satisfy u for quite some time even u dun mod it to ball bearing. mebi u can try porting it, another alternative way. hehe

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
remember that the V6 has two banks of cylinders with 3 cylinder each bank. its not like a supra or skyline which has an inline 6 engine. it would be a hassle to fabricate manifolds to get into just 1 turbo. yes it can be done but why? the extra length of manifold, not to mention where to put the single turbo will be mind bonggling. the best is maybe to upgrade to better td04's from a 4g93 or a vr4 and stick to the twin turbo setup. the td04 may be inadequate for high power vr4s or 4g93's but in a perdana with just 1litre capacity for each turbo (coz engine is 2.0 and got 2 turbos) it is more than adequate.

or use 2 td05 for super HP gains...

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
will it turbo lag....if there alot of lag...then is a problem even i have lots of bhp...

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
if you look into ur engine bay, 1 of ur turbo is near the radiator and the other is near the bulkhead (below windscreen). so imagine how to plumb 6 cylinders from different banks and to make the primary pipings the same length, where to put the single turbo etc etc...(not like skyline or supra, even though 6cylinder but its inline and can do piping similar to inline4 evo vr4 etc)

im sure the lag will be more than the original TT setup.

look around ur perdana twin turbo engine bay, from the top, from underneath, look how the exhaust go out from the engine, where the turbo is, then you'll understand...

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
one of the mechanic(GTauto) said that if the single turbo can be put at the gearbox side there..so can get same flow from the exhaust...

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
of coz can... anything can laa... duit punya pasal ofcoz anything can...

anyway good luck to ur V6 single turbo !! :)

kith

Known Member
Jul 21, 2004
Visit site
Monsterv6 if i wuz u i'll drop in a ballbearing turbine.. i heard that it can tahan, what turbines r u running on now??single or twin blade??

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
now running wit the stock twinturbo turbine...6a12tt..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

I am organising a bulk purchase for Radiostar alarm in Malacca and Seremban.

I will be able to get discounts if I can have a group of interested purchasers.

Feel free to pm me for pricing.

If you are interested to find out more about the functions and features, you can pm or call me at 012 635 9913.

Thanks.

armik
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience