Tamiya Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V WRC

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
Hi All,

finished this one already.. just want to share with you all..

C&C welcome :biggrin:

the box:

nothing fancy about this built.. just straight OOB.. also i'm considering myself as beginner in this kit making.. so OOB will be just nice

box content:

the front attachment..

the quality of the kit.. excellent!! that what you can expect from Tamiya.. as for the front attachment, not problem in fitting all the small-small pieces together...

i use industrial spray can for undercoat & spray for large area.. tamiya spray are too costly for me.. i know their outcome are great, for the time being, i just stick with industrial spray can.. for small-small area, handpainted it using tamiya acrylic...

more update to come.. stay tuned

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
some update..

the underbody:

quiet tricky since this is my 1st time masking and painting two-tone, red on white.. sorry for the blur pict.. taken using handphone camera.. for exhaust system, i use Mr. Color "Burnt Iron"... so as you can see, i'm not sticking to the instruction 100%..

Primer on body:

since this is quiet a 'dated' kit, you have to manually drill holes for antennas, spoiler, roof scoop
i use silver as primer for this kit

more to come :burnout:

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
Hi All,

some update on the thread..

Completed dashboard:

forgot to take pict. of completed seats, roll cages and interior :hmmmm:

some pict.s of completed interior:

more update to come

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
woah.. nice interior..
spotted samco hose (intercooler) hehehehe :)
nice work bro :)

Qaramil

May 2, 2009
hoahoho...i also just buy same model as yours,...i can use your pic as guidence..keep it up..

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
for me..
the best kit (overall: plastic quality, molding etc) still tamiya..

so, if you're still new to scale modelling.. the best is get a tamiya and start building..

Fujimi have wider range of cars.. but their kit suck!! suck big time (for old fujimi kit).. wheels are out of scale.. 17in rim look like 15in rim, seats are out of scale and etc..
i have built few fujimi old kit (especially evo's).. fujimi are using same under body for evo III and evo VII.. and maybe evo VIII and evo IX too.. very frustating..

as for guidance.. just post your built.. a lot of sifu will guide you

for time being.. i'm building 1/12 motobike.. it is more fun!!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo all,

Got this from kedai potong s mivec is an engine that highly dependent on oil presure (1 of it). it works well. it shows oil pump performance but prob is i dont exactly know what r the function/ how to interprate the signal s it doesn't come wit users manual.

green light = memory. red = warning. what memory? what warning? :dontknow:

experts, help please.tq. pic atthached

cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience