SW20 rear brakes

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm looking for the rear brake set (only the ventilated discs & calipers) for SW20. Anyone selling at a reasonable price ?

Thanks.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
na and turbo different brakes, no?
i think i got the na one around.. have to look tho
I'm not sure about the NA version coz I've only seen the turbo version. Perhaps if there's any difference, it would be the turbo version's discs are ventilated & the NA's using solid discs, I guess.

And if that's the case, the calipers would also be different as their slot'd be broader in order to accomodate the thicker ventilated discs.

If what you have, is the ventilated ones, I'd be interested. I need the handbrake cables as well; as they're attached to the calipers, right ?

Keep me posted, bro. Appreciate it.:regular_smile:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
N/A and tutbo not the same.
So what's the difference between the NA & turbo version ? Ventilated & solid ? Was my guess correct, iexit ?

henria86

Jul 14, 2006
hello
they difference in the years of the brakes 91 to early 93 turbo are the same thickness an the later on production have thicker rotors all around.. i can find the listing of the yrs if u want..
henri

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
I appreciate the help, henria86 but I do not need the details coz it's not to be fitted into a MR2.:regular_smile:

the later 93 versions has 1" larger rotors. Thats why the standard rims was changed from 14" to 15" to make space for the installation of the bigger rotors.
Yup, MRMIC2. I think that's what I'm looking for. Anyone has an extra set that they wanna dispose ? Be glad to nego.:regular_smile:. Thanks for the explanation, bro.

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
2old&rusty: why dont you be detailled in what you are actually looking to install the brakes onto instead of beating around the bush. My guess its for another toyota which explains your enquiry in this forum?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
2old&rusty: why dont you be detailled in what you are actually looking to install the brakes onto instead of beating around the bush. My guess its for another toyota which explains your enquiry in this forum?

My apologies if I gave the impression that I'm beating around the bush. I just don't know how to be anymore detailed, bro. I gave the model & description. Yes, I'm looking for the MR2's rear disc brakes to be fitted in my Corona. Hmm, I wonder what got you guessing. Coz I said that it's not gonna be fitted into a MR2 ? Hehehe. If you're curious, you can just go ahead & ask me mar. Hehehe. Nothing to hide one.

I'm looking for the rear calipers & discs (ventilated) of the SW20 MR2 to be fitted into my Corona. I mean what better place to ask than in the MR2 forum, where all the MR2 Gurus are, right ?:_: Find MR2 parts don't go MR2 forum, go where some more ?

:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What’s the deal?

Today TC Euro Cars (TCEC) previewed Renault’s flagship SUV, the Renault Koleos for the first time in Malaysia.

The all-new Renault Koleos will be launched in stages, in more than 80 countries around the world. The good news is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience