Suspension/coilover set up

apek beca

Known Member
I've finally fully set up my handling on my car.
Not track but I'll call it enough for street.

I'm driving a VW Jetta. Set up are as below:
i) Brembo 6 pots BBK
ii) 18" SSR Type F + 225/40/18
iii) H&R F22 / R26 ARB /Sway Bars
iv) H&R Sports Springs

Everything is super great.
Handling that I've finally understands how someone can push a car over 200.

Only sad part is that it can't go up to my condo parking.
I've got to loose the springs, back to stock.
What options does I have?
I've been read abit about COILOVER.
What's a good brand. Not too pricy pls
Understands that parts for my car ain't cheap.
Not pricy means reasonable.

Something that's adjustable or at stock's height.
Maybe stock height for daily use & lowered when I wanna go for a try out.
Above all I don't hope that the handling feel would be lost.

I've asked around & some says keep both springs.
Go stock on normal days & change the H&R sport springs when needed.
VW suspension is good enough already.
The idea of adjusting coilover is the same as changing springs.
Is this true?

I've been reading about CLAW suspension.
Izzit good? Adjustable? Any other brand?
With this pls recommend a workshop that knows what they're doing & future set ups/downs

just a thought, perhaps you can move to a different condo / buy landed property, After all, if you can afford a Jetta, you're quite well to do. Do you love your Car enough to move house?

just a thought, perhaps you can move to a different condo / buy landed property, After all, if you can afford a Jetta, you're quite well to do. Do you love your Car enough to move house?

Hahaha... Super Toxic Poison.
Yup... U read my mind. I actually got another higher end condo with a nice parking spot.
It's vacant recently as the previous one just gone back after his company ended his contract.
1st thing that came to my mind was that. Move over...!!!
Nah... Not going to do that.

I've finally fully set up my handling on my car.
Not track but I'll call it enough for street.

I'm driving a VW Jetta. Set up are as below:
i) Brembo 6 pots BBK
ii) 18" SSR Type F + 225/40/18
iii) H&R F22 / R26 ARB /Sway Bars
iv) H&R Sports Springs

Everything is super great.
Handling that I've finally understands how someone can push a car over 200.

Only sad part is that it can't go up to my condo parking.
I've got to loose the springs, back to stock.
What options does I have?
I've been read abit about COILOVER.
What's a good brand. Not too pricy pls
Understands that parts for my car ain't cheap.
Not pricy means reasonable.

Is this true?

I've been reading about CLAW suspension.
Izzit good? Adjustable? Any other brand?
With this pls recommend a workshop that knows what they're doing & future set ups/downs

use hi lo adjustable should be okay just to hi or lowered your suspension....use tein or cusco or etc...

Is this true?

Unless you use the ones mentioned by bro. csl using hydraulic or air, the adjustable ones you still need to jack the car up, remove the bolts before you can adjust up and down.
If using the older system where you can adjust the height by adjusting the springs, when lowered it becomes to soft...

This is the current set of D2 that I am having. The lower part is for adjusting the height....
DSC02295.jpg

Fitted
DSC02301-1-1.jpg

Okay, found pic of my old set
DSC02297.jpg

This one you adjust to tighten the springs the car goes up....

Last edited:
Nice pix that gives more understanding.
What ever that's show only can be done in a work show right?

Is there such as a thing that's controlable in the car?
The only thing that I've found is KW HLC (see link below)
KW HLS Drop Kit for KW Coilovers Volkswagen Golf MK6 ALL 10+ | eBay
RM17k... Gila!!!

Internal controlable how much ar?
The D2 around how much?

The second pic where you tighten spring the car height goes up, can be done at home because no need to remove lower bolts of the suspension. Just remove wheels and adjust the locks at the bottom of the springs.
For the one above, where you can adjust spring rate and height, then have to do at workshop is better.

That one control from inside is electronic type, that is why cost so much....

My D2 was source second hand. Looks new because owner only had them for 6 months and hardly used. Car parked rather then used, that is why I ask him to sell to me. New I think around RM1.8k for 4pcs......

save you the hassle, call this number 0129304960 / faidzil alang. when all is done, please gimme a shotgun ride thats all :)

Thanks for the contact... I'm considering CLAW at the moment.
Great reviews & quite alot of positive respond from VW track kaki.
I'm going on a taxi ride with CLAW suspension soon.
All okay then I'm getting it

Thanks for the contact... I'm considering CLAW at the moment.
Great reviews & quite alot of positive respond from VW track kaki.
I'm going on a taxi ride with CLAW suspension soon.
All okay then I'm getting it

Wah! can trial then not bad. At least get the feel first whether okay or not.....:driver:

The second pic where you tighten spring the car height goes up, can be done at home because no need to remove lower bolts of the suspension. Just remove wheels and adjust the locks at the bottom of the springs.
For the one above, where you can adjust spring rate and height, then have to do at workshop is better.

Just felt like I need to give an input, for the D2 one above you dont need to touch the bolts to the suspension/knuckles, after remove the wheels loosen the lower bracket lock using its spanner (this comes along with the kit) then while the spring seat is tight to damper body turn it left/ right to adjust height. The whole damper body turns freely coz of bearing mounts on the top. Just make sure you jack up the car by its body to remove stress on the bearing mounts.
The one who installed my coilovers used to adjust it as vr2turbo described but when I needed to do it myself figured out theres an easier way.

Last edited:
Just felt like I need to give an input, for the D2 one above you dont need to touch the bolts to the suspension/knuckles, after remove the wheels loosen the lower bracket lock using its spanner (this comes along with the kit) then while the spring seat is tight to damper body turn it left/ right to adjust height. The whole damper body turns freely coz of bearing mounts on the top. Just make sure you jack up the car by its body to remove stress on the bearing mounts.
The one who installed my coilovers used to adjust it as vr2turbo described but when I needed to do it myself figured out theres an easier way.

Thanks, will give it a try if I need to readjust.......

ok i suggest u contact this 2 person...fadzil alang from fa racing, and nanda from rcs...both was among the best in suspension setup...(can search in zth,google and even fb)

Or can try PRS @ 12-G, Jalan PSK 8, Pusat Perdagangan Seri Kembangan, Seri Kembangan Selangor - boss is Mr. Sim - 012 628 2927, this guy is pretty honest and humble - and also he will do manual allignment after suspension set-up - was great piece of skill i would say for the allignment, so far i say better than electronic which i never felt great after doing the alligned.,..

Or can try PRS @ 12-G, Jalan PSK 8, Pusat Perdagangan Seri Kembangan, Seri Kembangan Selangor - boss is Mr. Sim - 012 628 2927, this guy is pretty honest and humble - and also he will do manual allignment after suspension set-up - was great piece of skill i would say for the allignment, so far i say better than electronic which i never felt great after doing the alligned.,..

For alignment, whether manual, electronic or the latest machines, it is the know how of the person. Machines needs to be calibrated, data needs to be updated, sometimes cannot follow fully the specs, because if camber is out slightly needs to be countered by alignment and so on......:driver:

Yeah, most tyre shops are really dissapointing...they just plug in the electronics...look at the monitor - 5 mins - its done..i dont think they even bother to calibrate their oil stained machine...well from my experience after allignment done by Sim @ PRS - damn nice...straight line and not running. U wouldnt believe, this the blardy 1st time i have allignment done and felt really good about it becos its working

Yeah, most tyre shops are really dissapointing...they just plug in the electronics...look at the monitor - 5 mins - its done..i dont think they even bother to calibrate their oil stained machine...well from my experience after allignment done by Sim @ PRS - damn nice...straight line and not running. U wouldnt believe, this the blardy 1st time i have allignment done and felt really good about it becos its working

You mention he does manually, using what? Similar to the one in this picture?

alignment.jpg

Hi Bro - yes exactly the one in pic, and he will look at the wheel angle and then do the allignment - and also adjust camber and etc below...he asked his staff to turn 3 times there and 2 times here..something like that..but most importantly, its really nicely done, u can feel it

Hi Bro - yes exactly the one in pic, and he will look at the wheel angle and then do the allignment - and also adjust camber and etc below...he asked his staff to turn 3 times there and 2 times here..something like that..but most importantly, its really nicely done, u can feel it

Like mentioned earlier, must know how to use. Put the electronic fellow here, I think he just stare at it......hahahahahaha:rofl:

Used to have one shop in Paramount Garden, PJ, using this manual gadget. Have been following him quite a while to do alignment, then owner took back the shop, don't know where he shifted to?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom