Strenghtening Transmission

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Dear All,
Want to know if any of you knows of a workshop, mechanic or tired and tested way to strength gear transmission? The reason I am asking is that currently my car is NA and I willbe boosting it soon. I know the factory gears will not take 200whp reliably. I am calling on you guys for help. Thanks in advance.

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Typically people will just swap to a more robust gearbox.

For instance, on a stock Wira 1.5, the transmission is known to be quite weak and unsuitable for boosted engines. The gears inside the housing are small, the thrust bearings can take much of a beating.

Compare that with a VR4 or Evo gearbox.. the gears are more chunky and tough, they use larger bearings, etc.

So, it's easier to swap to a tougher gearbox than to rebuild one to be tougher, because a rebuild might end up with you throwing out almost everything in your existing gearbox housing.

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
i am looking to turbo my car and there is NO factory engine for my application. Therfore to get a gear box to match would be impossible. Just hoping someone here has gone through this...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Modern day gear boxs run on synchornizer with counter iddling gear shaft and driven gear shaft.

The most likely candidate of transmission failure is the synchro.

Actually, you don't need 200 horses to break the 1.5 wira trans-axle's syncros.

Frequent "Fast & Furious" style of gear shifting will pack up the gear box in no time. (especially 2 or 3 gear)

So I think there are 3 ways to go about it.

1.) Change gears decently.

2.) Swap a WIra 2.0 litre diesel transxle

3.) Custom machine syncros (which undoubtly will cost an arm and a leg).

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
buy a dozen of gearbox store at home and change them like batteries in torch light? blow one gearbox then switch to another.. lol..

hmm.. talk aobut cryogenic makes me think of LN2 only.. wonder what power we can get if we use it in air-water i/c instead of water.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all ZTH sifu's. first i like to thank all the sifu dat help me in suspension. ive put GAB SS SERIES into my wira ( spring rate equal to GSR ). now i need advice based on the below picture product. wat is that product for??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: then my riding style is street racing n always doing " zigzag" in Traffic. so is that product will helpful for my wira. explain it....plsssssssssssss:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience