Something about Toyota Altis 1.6E & 1.8G, please advise

ckchew666

Aug 28, 2005
KL, M'sia
Hi,

Does anyone know what's the difference for Toyota Altis 1.8G before and after facelift?

If not mistaken it's facelift starts at 2004.

I'd like to know more info in terms of interior/exterior & engine (should be the same). Does the before facelift comes with VSC (Altis 1.8G)?

I do notice the gear design between Altis 1.6E & 1.8G is different. The 1.6E has a normal straight type design gear (look from interior), while the 1.8G has more complex design as it looks.

Thanks.

-CK-

AltisG

Oct 20, 2005
Hi there,

Facelifted 1.8G model in interior gets a darker wood panel trim and extra wood on the gear knob while pre-facelift gets orangy wood panelling without wood on gear knob. Power drivers seat is avail for 1.8G. Exterior wise, facelift gets new grille, new look front bumper, LED tail lamps, and 16" 10-spoke alloy rims. Prefacelift does not get the LED tail lamps and gets the 6-spoke 15" alloy rims. Engine wise, kW still remains the same. Yes facelift 1.8G does come with VSC and TRC. Gate type automatic transmission on 1.8G makes the vehicle look more classier (just like those found in older Mercedes) But the transmission found on 1.6E and 1.8G are different.. 1.6E is only ECT and 1.8G Super ECT with hill sensing.

For 1.6E interior wise, it gets wood panel to the center console and power window switches. On top of that, 1.6E now comes with Automatic Climate Control Air Conditioning compared to the manual dial type found on pre-facelift 1.6E. 1.6E exterior wise gets the LED tail lamps, foglights which are not found in it before. It now gets 4 wheel disc brakes with 15" alloys compared to the 14" which it had before.

Hope these info helps.

Regards
AltisG

ckchew666

Aug 28, 2005
KL, M'sia
AltisG said:
Hi there,

Facelifted 1.8G model in interior gets a darker wood panel trim and extra wood on the gear knob while pre-facelift gets orangy wood panelling without wood on gear knob. Power drivers seat is avail for 1.8G. Exterior wise, facelift gets new grille, new look front bumper, LED tail lamps, and 16" 10-spoke alloy rims. Prefacelift does not get the LED tail lamps and gets the 6-spoke 15" alloy rims. Engine wise, kW still remains the same. Yes facelift 1.8G does come with VSC and TRC. Gate type automatic transmission on 1.8G makes the vehicle look more classier (just like those found in older Mercedes) But the transmission found on 1.6E and 1.8G are different.. 1.6E is only ECT and 1.8G Super ECT with hill sensing.

For 1.6E interior wise, it gets wood panel to the center console and power window switches. On top of that, 1.6E now comes with Automatic Climate Control Air Conditioning compared to the manual dial type found on pre-facelift 1.6E. 1.6E exterior wise gets the LED tail lamps, foglights which are not found in it before. It now gets 4 wheel disc brakes with 15" alloys compared to the 14" which it had before.

Hope these info helps.

Regards
AltisG
Hi,

Thx a lot for your info, it's really great help. More or less can minimize the chances of getting con when I'm getting an Altis soon. :)
I think 1.8G facelift is my choice :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there!!

i need to know what are the downside to knife edge crankshaft lightening?? better to know the downside first i reckon.and what are the goodsides?? i'm re building my engine,so kinda have this in my list.thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience