Some techical question.........

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

apexivafc04

Known Member
Hello Hondarian,
Just swap from D15B to EG6 B16A engine into my black EK. The halfcut engine comes with a jasma 4-2-1 extractor, spoon vtec controller, ECU no fuel cut, blue colour valve cover, ultra spark wire and skim crankshaft(as said by my mec). The performance is not bad at all but u know..lah, when u have this power u will hungry for more..

1) My planning for next step is to install a B16B cam and valve spring. Beside this, should i change also the valve and retainer?

2) My 2nd step is to install B16B piston. Should i change the head gasket to more high compression?

Any kaki Hondarian have done this before can share ur view here. Anyway why i prefer this simple modification as mention above cos it is for street use which is suit my daily driving especially the fuel consumption.

Thanks and cheers!

for no.1, u shud get the valve spring at least to make u able to rev higher than normal b16a and to make it safe too.

if you are using no.1 and no.2.. the fuel consumption wont be much differ from what you are having now.. install B16B piston, best best..

huhuuhh..all go for dohc..where all the sohc one??

is rm280 for steering rack SO4 include labor is a good price???
sorry using ur thread..

hattech-v said:
for no.1, u shud get the valve spring at least to make u able to rev higher than normal b16a and to make it safe too.

hattech-v,

What about the valve and retainer? Should change or not?

Actually what is the standard rev limit for B16A before fuel cut. Since mine ECU has not fuel cut , i use to rev up to 8,000rpm before shifting.

Top Bottom