So how's Sepang today??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
hehehehe some picture or report ler braders.......

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
heavy downpour on the way there..

but sepang track no rain at all. intermittent drizzles onli. today quite a number of cars 'ter-drifted' and spun out.. maybe becoz high volume of cars in the track.

there are 2 cars collided though.. S14 with an Alfa, I think. pretty bad for the alfa.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Yes, it's heavily rain from KLIA toll untill we about to reach SIC.

What I can say is it's fun and nice track day.
Able to beat Alfa, Scooby, Mini Cooper S and some other track car.
At least can show that Toyota is not a really a slow car, but anyway still an uncle car....hahahahah.

The best timing that I clock with my own car is 2 min 58sec with a passanger inside the car and following condition:
Only keep track on timing on 1st 5 lap after that nobody help me to take my timing anymore.
I feel my timing is slightly better that above timing especially on lap 11 - lap 15. (But no timing taken)

Front Tyre: 60% tread (Used Bridgetone tyre that come with the rim)
Rear Tyre : 25% tread (Used Bridgetone tyre that come with the rim)

Very unfortunate for EFN, "bang" by a satria track car at turn 4 when the satria try to over take from inside line but counldn't control the car properly after jump over the apex. That car spun out and bang EFN right boot and damaged the rear right lamp bumper and the right side boot.

Hope EFN car can recover back ASAP.

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
chu
next upgrade is tyre already lor ... AD07 AD07 AD07 AD07 ... hope you can touch 2:55/2:54 with that setup !!!!! if not ...hahahhahaha ... you need roll cage and full slicks liao ... then can get 2:50 or faster ... kekekekekek ... guess that 4 pot really help you stop also huh !!!!

efn
sorry to hear ur first track day got tragedy like this ... so the fella kowtim with u or what ???

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
ouch. the risk of dedication... and the direct result of peer pressure. buuut.. never try, never know. i've never stopped thanking god n counting my lucky stars it didnt happen to me. psycho blardy trauma hell. at least he has a job and income to lighten the blow.

trackdays near to MME and the start/middle of the month = sigh~

ming1705

Banned
Mar 29, 2004
Ah.........fren. Some info only...........the cars crashed are fiat coupe summo with no plate 8 and the other one is 180 with s13 head.

Very the bad oh......s13 head all pecah and pity the fiat driver, side airbag burst and hand bleeding. Summo driver side door.....emmmmm, u guys think lah.(airbag also pecah). Thanks.

Last edited:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
yolk said:
chu
next upgrade is tyre already lor ... AD07 AD07 AD07 AD07 ... hope you can touch 2:55/2:54 with that setup !!!!! if not ...hahahhahaha ... you need roll cage and full slicks liao ... then can get 2:50 or faster ... kekekekekek ... guess that 4 pot really help you stop also huh !!!!

efn
sorry to hear ur first track day got tragedy like this ... so the fella kowtim with u or what ???
Yes, next upgrade should be the tyre.
4 pot brake really help me alot on late braking. Much more predictable braking.
Ultra Racing fender bar and rear boot 4 point brace help to strengthen the chassis and the car chassis more predictable handling improve especially on turn 6, turn 7, 8, 11, 12.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
All this time and money spent modding and upgrading my car, the very FIRST time me and my ride enjoyed a 110% meaningful & profitable results. My ride was not in 100% health when I drove her through SIC tunnel, Steering Rack on the verge of breaking apart, Squeaking Power Steering Belts (cracked all over the place), Misaligned Front Wheel, Unbalanced Left Front Wheel etc etc....but she commited 110% nontheless.

Let it be known that this is the first time I ever been to Sepang at all, let alone going into the track blindly. I have good support from Chu (EG9), Banzai and Chu's Brother. A BIG Thank YOU to Sifoo EG9 for coaching me from the driver side on how to drive like a real track racer & giving me his spare 1L of engine oil.

Well, on the first round I tread a bit carefully and on the second round I have managed go get my ride spun 360 degrees due to cold tyres hahahahaha (newbie!). But things gets better once the tyres got some heat in them and I commited less braking and gearing errors. But duh! Red Flags flying now and then, so have to enter the pit after only 3 rounds. After that EG9 sat down for a ride with me and begin the coaching - it was a good one wooo, felt like a rally driver listening for instructions from the co-pilot hahahahaha. We settle for 5 good rounds, managed to stick around with those full-time track Satrias and Civics. Tried to chase EG9's EE90 which was driven by his brother....kenot kejar wooo, bager that car was fast on corner exit hahahahaha, but I have the upper hand on corner entry thanks to my trustworthy KAAZ 1.5 Way LSD & C56 & Rock Solid Cusco Coilovers. Engine Response did a lot of helping too - the key is to maintain constant Hi-Rev throughout the shifting. Then we entered the pit and my Sifoo EG9 went driving his monster EE90 again, tapauing quite a few track cars in the process hahahahaha.

So I ride solo again after that, doing some satisfactory sprint on the entry, leaving behind a full geared EK9 Track Hatchback for 4 corners, by the fifth one he overtook me, I have lost some control due to my brakes - it's TOTALLY GONE! press all the way oso almost no response hahahaha - DUN GO to SIC with Stock Stendet Brakes hahahahaha. So have to ride conservatively after that, doing another 3 good rounds before the traffic got a bit heavy, really feel like a Derby by now. OK I told myself that I gonna enter pit after the 3rd Round, that's when I got banged from behind by a Black car on an L-Turn (2nd Gear Turn). Everything happened soo fast the only thing I knew is that BANG! my car spun 180 degree on the inside lane. I only saw a Black Car passing me quickly. I recovered and then limped back to the pit. After doing some investigation I found out that I was hit by a Black Satria Track Car with the Sticker Number 66 - Oh yes it was his fault, the whole traffic chain was slowing down on the L-Turn, I was on the correct side of the racing line on 2nd Gear, my guess is that either his brakes got busted or he forgot to downshift. Bottomline, my ride's messed up quite a bit, Bumper gone case, right rear lamp shattered, right side rear boot crumpled etc etc......but wat to do, this is the risks of Track Racing, I didn't even want to know who owns and drive the Black 66 Satria, no point in arguing. But I will be very wary of that car next time.

Other than that, I am very happy to be there, happy to see soo many Corollas running about. And for sure my faith in 4A-GE 20V is cemented for a solid reliability throughout the course. 20V rules! what she lacked in top power, compensated by absolute throttle response and readiness!

My First Battle Throphies:
- Gave 2 Track Satrias a really tough time chasing me over some chicanes
- Overtook one Track WAJA without even breaking sweat
- Successfully followed an ITR DC5 for 3 corners
- Repeatedly overtook one Volvo Touring Car Lookalike
- Leaving behind one EK9 Hatchback Track Car on lauch from the pits for 3 corners

* Other than that I kena smoke laaa HAHAHAHAHAHAH

My Ride: (Her name is Zalia)
Toyota Corolla SE.G AE101
4A-GE Twin Cam 20 Four Throttle Silverhead 1st Gen
Blueprinted & Balanced by Powerzone for improved endurance (over a year ago)
Auto Wiring systems with Air Flow Meter (AFM)
C56 5M/T + KAAZ 1.5 LSD Clutch Type
4A-GE 16V Flywheel
Cusco Pressure Plate & Organic Clutch
Cusco Coilovers & Cusco Pillow Ball Mount
Apex N1 NON-JASMA Exhaust System
Blacktop Extractor
EFcustoms Quickshifter
EFcustoms Reverse Mount FPR (Taken from RB20DET) 40PSI Idle 48WOT
EFcustoms Three Point Strut Brace (Front)
EFcustoms Cable Ties braided brake hoses
Toyota OEM Brake Pads all round
Toyota OEM Single Pot front Caliper
Volk Racing GR-N 15X7"
Yokohama A520 195/50/15 all round
Stock Airbox with K&N Filter

* Everyhting else is STOCK Standard! even the spare wheel was not removed hahahahahaha

Last edited:

speedcrave

Known Member
Feb 20, 2004
Klang
sifu efn,

walio...so yesterday when i called you ...you were on your way to SIC...aisayman..if i knew I also will go but see..see only lor.....

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Dear EFN,

Lucky that bugger didn’t bang your rim if not it’ll be worst.

Beside polish our driving skill in track (Correct and accurate racing line, accurate braking point, correct gear on each different turn, trottle control and ...........................................), we also have to be alert in the track especially during crowded track day like yesterday. I personally still have to improve on this

Yesterday, I’m on more defensive driving due to the massive crowd and some driver that just take corner at any line that they think “OK & Correct” and spin out of the track. I Only overtake when it’s save to do so.

I really like your Kaaz LSD, even I just seat at the passenger seat, but obviously I can feel the effect of your LSD especially at those hard turn. The LSD is DAMN NICE.

With this 1.5 way clutch type LSD, I believe you can even go faster and get better timing when you use to the track.

Anyway please let me know if your going to sell that gearbox ok….hahahahahahahh…:D

Last edited:

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
Haiya.... miss all the fun already.... :( Hope ur car recover soon... master efn.....

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
wei...

to inform the rest.... the EE90 of EG9 is real...fffaaassstttttt!!!!!!

kena tapau like nothing.....

larii!!!

chersss..

EFN,

sorry to hear your luck.. but anyway you're in one piece is good oredi...

chherss

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
shamburke said:
wei...

to inform the rest.... the EE90 of EG9 is real...fffaaassstttttt!!!!!!

kena tapau like nothing.....

larii!!!

chersss..

EFN,

sorry to hear your luck.. but anyway you're in one piece is good oredi...

chherss
Mana ada tapau lar.....u don't really press on the accelerator pedal only that night.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
EFN,

shock to hear taht.anyway .glad u still in 1 piece..thats most important..hehehhe so next time can go again and practice and practice...........hehhehe ill join you soon...........:)
newbie like me have to play smooth and slow.........if can see sifu Chu also enuff liao.hehe

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
GT20v said:
EFN,
newbie like me have to play smooth and slow.........if can see sifu Chu also enuff liao.hehe
Newbie TENGKORAK MU! hahahahaha

Again thanks to everyone for your support and concerns. As for my ride, after a hard day, blood & sweat, she will be resting for now. Already got some plans at hand and hopefully will be ready for the next event.

Roger Out!

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
hhahahahahh.. zul kena oredi.. ahaahahahaha.. suroh go to workshop tengok my car tak mau.. said umah tangki rosak.. hahahahaa! :D :D :D

Regards,
Mike

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
EFN said:
Newbie TENGKORAK MU! hahahahaha

Again thanks to everyone for your support and concerns. As for my ride, after a hard day, blood & sweat, she will be resting for now. Already got some plans at hand and hopefully will be ready for the next event.

Roger Out!
Wah, got some plan for next track day?
Can share ?
I heard Pendekar Zul's car also will be ready soon.
Can go there together on coming track day.

Coming Track Day: 21st August 2005.
13th November, 2005
18th December, 2005
25th December, 2005

above are the remaining Open track day avalable for year 2005.

Mana boleh tahan until November.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s all about the upcoming Hari Raya festivities and NAZA Quest, the official distributor of Chevrolet vehicles here in Malaysia has just provided a series of discounts and even a complimentary car for your convenience – all for the sake of ensuring that you’ve got yourself a Chevrolet that’s in good working condition for that long-haul back to visit the relatives...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience