Smoked 96' EK headlamps...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Hello guys. I would like to source a set of these but Ive had trouble finding them...

Crystal lamps or smoked or taiwan or whatever lah, you guys know where to get?

Hopefully at a reasonable price too or I guess I could just get some normal EJ lamps and DIY the smokin' :biggrin:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
DIY blackhouse! costs you less than Rm50, even less if you know what you really need!

I did mine for under RM30 and took me a good 3 hours. (Accord lights, even had the time to mod my reflectors so my HID output is better know)

time well spent.

That, or go for the DEPO lights. good price, but not too sure about the Q.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
bien,...
not sure whther bro zeroed wanna blackhouse or smoke his lites,...
two different thing,... but of course, both involve opening the front clear cover,... or juz tint it,...

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
bien,...
not sure whther bro zeroed wanna blackhouse or smoke his lites,...
two different thing,... but of course, both involve opening the front clear cover,... or juz tint it,...
but blackhousing will make the headlight 'look' darker without compromising the lens by way of tinting.

but i doubt a slight tint will affect the output.

if want to make it look 'smoked' tint is the easiest way. or do it the old fashioned way by 'smoking' the lens hence the term smoked.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
but blackhousing will make the headlight 'look' darker without compromising the lens by way of tinting.

but i doubt a slight tint will affect the output.

if want to make it look 'smoked' tint is the easiest way. or do it the old fashioned way by 'smoking' the lens hence the term smoked.
pinjam thread a bit,...

bien,... how abt rear tailites???
example look at ur siggy,...
i wanna make the red less brighter,...
tint???

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
DIY is way cheaper, bro.
Just try to find out some treads regarding smoke headllight in DIY section, they are quite helpful.

Basically u need silicone glue, spray paint and PATIENT, this is most important.

BY the way, here is mine.

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Thanks guys for your input. Yeah I actually meant to say blackhousing, not making the cover dark. :)

I guess ill probably look for a set of normal 96 headlamps and DIY lah... but Im not sure if I could make the plastic clear like crystal lamps.

Hawick yours look good. :o Pretty much what I wanted to get, but most of the lamps I saw are 99' spec ones or projector lamps (which I dont like).

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I almost suggested 'smoke it with asap kemenyan'.. lol.

Someone should link a diy thread or write one..

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
I almost suggested 'smoke it with asap kemenyan'.. lol.

Someone should link a diy thread or write one..
LOL @ asap kemenyan

Im not too sure about this, but assuming the construction is very much similar to the Accord lights (CB/CD) its pretty much a straight forward job.

I did mine in around 3 hours (inclusive of drying time) and reassembling my bumper.

The main issue to take care off is resealing the lens cover. I used normal silicone sealant and a can of flat black paint. Prying open the lens is just a case of dissolving the old seal (acetone works wonders, WD-40 is also a good alternative)

Good luck bro!

webeck948

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Re: Smoked 96' EK headlamps...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIY is way cheaper, bro.
Just try to find out some treads regarding smoke headllight in DIY section, they are quite helpful.

Basically u need silicone glue, spray paint and PATIENT, this is most important.

BY the way, here is mine.
Wow that's one very nice and clean job!I've yet to accumulated enough courage to do mine yet but soon I will...haha looks HOT!!