satria 1.6 comments//\\

emo

Jul 17, 2005
subang jaya
guys,mind me im new here...im getting a satria in the cuming 1 or 2 months,so need some advice in searching it..1.6 which year is reliable? what about 1.5?? any pro & cons?..i heard 1.6 the older ones more power...and whats the differents between gl, gli, xli? plz feel free to giv comments and advice..
btw, 1.6 is it as powerful as hondas 1.5 or 1.6 (with/witout vtec)...
and wats the difference btween EFI n carburator..pros&cons?...how to differentiate them.?

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
1.6 satria is only available in injection type, so no worries. very powerful among proton models and can beat waja in no time. can beat 1.8 proton in pick-up/drag. but no fight to honda's.

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
1.6 satria

pick up ok..top a bit lambat la..( because im using teh gti twin tip muffler)
top i archieved..195km ( can go more but shiver already,me,not the car shiver)
body solid.
interior nice..get the full edition 1997 bro..nice..
engine no problem..
the nicest part = Rm 10 can go up to 90km..( for my car..maybe differ from other people.)
i convert to gti ori bodykit..more nicer because already have rear break disc..

overall satisfied..

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
agree with reddice..satria 1.6 is good..good pickup..top lambat cos single cam..top can reach 200++kmh (tested on satria 1.6 auto)

take the pre-gti version..(izzit 97 model rite?)..do minor mod is enuff la for you to get the garang look..IMHO, i'll do the bodykit, and let the engine in ori state..

p/s ; power wise, cant be as much as vtec honda's...4g92 sohc power is around 100 bhp (pls correct if i'm wrong)

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
I'm happy with my 1.6 sebatang overhead cam. As suggested, get the 1995 (Mirage chassis) / 1997/99 production as this model is quite ok.

... if u're just asking how satria 1.6 is.

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
encikmasen said:
agree with reddice..satria 1.6 is good..good pickup..top lambat cos single cam..top can reach 200++kmh (tested on satria 1.6 auto)

take the pre-gti version..(izzit 97 model rite?)..do minor mod is enuff la for you to get the garang look..IMHO, i'll do the bodykit, and let the engine in ori state..

p/s ; power wise, cant be as much as vtec honda's...4g92 sohc power is around 100 bhp (pls correct if i'm wrong)
powerwise quiet ok,like encikmasen wrote,just do the bodykit and maintance the engine..the power is quiet good..for those who need an economical and nice car..1.6 that is..

Sep 28, 2005
Satria 1.6

Not a bad car, i having 1 =) Trying to selling since company are providing me car.

1.6 Gear, end of 97 registered, 15" rims, accident free. Email / msn me if interested - [email protected]

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
satria is nice car... Don't said about 1.6. 1.3 also already very power. I drive before 1.3 satria, after that i change to 1.5 wira. Feel that total can't move at all. I mod my wira, now is better. Can fight some more.

bnr34

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
RevMesh said:
1.6 satria is only available in injection type, so no worries. very powerful among proton models and can beat waja in no time. can beat 1.8 proton in pick-up/drag. but no fight to honda's.

bro.... 1.6satria sure lar can beat waja anytime, cos waja berat ma..... how to beat.. but my frind 1.5wira auto hv try with 1.6satria in highwah, both also sama sama saja, reach about 180km both, and cant go aldi.

Rays39

Known Member
May 31, 2004
reddice said:
1.6 satria

pick up ok..top a bit lambat la..( because im using teh gti twin tip muffler)
top i archieved..195km ( can go more but shiver already,me,not the car shiver)
body solid.
interior nice..get the full edition 1997 bro..nice..
engine no problem..
the nicest part = Rm 10 can go up to 90km..( for my car..maybe differ from other people.)
i convert to gti ori bodykit..more nicer because already have rear break disc..

overall satisfied..
i just got 7 months ago, quite satify to using it. But a lot of items i need to replace, cause i'm 4th owner here:mad: .SATRIA got a lot of way to modify, but don't modify like ABENG car la:biggrin: :biggrin: ....
Pick up, really fast then satria 1.5 alot....really crazy...and i felt terrible.
How about ur's guys FUEL CONSUMPTION???
So far for now, RM 30.00 i can able to reach 168++ kms (city drive only)

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
Rays39 said:
i just got 7 months ago, quite satify to using it. But a lot of items i need to replace, cause i'm 4th owner here:mad: .SATRIA got a lot of way to modify, but don't modify like ABENG car la:biggrin: :biggrin: ....
Pick up, really fast then satria 1.5 alot....really crazy...and i felt terrible.
How about ur's guys FUEL CONSUMPTION???
So far for now, RM 30.00 i can able to reach 168++ kms (city drive only)
brother, city drive of coz makan minyak lah, because have to stop and start to move again, if highway i think is better... or u try 1 way, don't go more then 2k RPM, after reach 2k rpm, change the gear, u try this way may be will save ur petrol...

Rays39

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Satria racer said:
Wanna ask u guys is the satria 1.5 engin same as wira 1.5 engin??
if u said current satria 1.5 litres engine is same as current wira 1.5 litres engine, cause thay are using the same siemens system.

Rays39

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Andres said:
brother, city drive of coz makan minyak lah, because have to stop and start to move again, if highway i think is better... or u try 1 way, don't go more then 2k RPM, after reach 2k rpm, change the gear, u try this way may be will save ur petrol...
Usually i'm changing gear speed at 3K rpm or below, never try to shift it at 2k rpm....
I'll try to follow ur's instruction to changing gear speed & see the result, Thanks Dude!!
By the way, may i know u guys the MT transmission code is what... is that F5M211???:rolleyes: or F5M222???:rolleyes:
Then pls let me know..... Thanks~
i'm suspected my previewly owner had replaced the 1.5 model gear box:mad: :mad:

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
Rays39 said:
Usually i'm changing gear speed at 3K rpm or below, never try to shift it at 2k rpm....
I'll try to follow ur's instruction to changing gear speed & see the result, Thanks Dude!!
By the way, may i know u guys the MT transmission code is what... is that F5M211???:rolleyes: or F5M222???:rolleyes:
Then pls let me know..... Thanks~
i'm suspected my previewly owner had replaced the 1.5 model gear box:mad: :mad:
don't matter the gear box, if u really want to save ur fuel, many thing will improve it, exampls like, on time chage ur engine oil, tyre air pressure is good enough, on time chage ur air filter also. recently i juz heard from my friends, he is install a things call Vacumm compressor, it will cost about RM200, but some shop like (ONCOST, Brothers) on;y sell not more than RM100, i also don't know whether 2 of that is same or not, my friends car is Kia Spectra, he is install RM200 1, very save fuel and more power also, if he try to dismentle the vacumm compressor, it is worse, makan teruk teruk and no power.... If u wan u also can try that, i also wan to try but i don't know whether wan to buy the RM200 or less than Rm100...

khairulishak

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
Star Park
1.6 4g92 satria is a very good car. two of my frens last time use it..

get the earlier one..first batch better...but any batch oso ok...

get the manual one, better.
of coz la can smoke waja kaw2, its lighter mahh..

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
last time i also use wira 1.6, my FOC town driving got rm10=70km, but with old petrol price (about early this year)... if anyone wanna use this engine should change the auto tranmission first la, very 'serik' la dealing with it's auto transmission...

1.6 sure tough one bro, even pick-up can side by side with standard putra, but just until 3rd gear only then bye2 lor...

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
amad108.. said:
1.6 sure tough one bro, even pick-up can side by side with standard putra, but just until 3rd gear only then bye2 lor...
yup..try that already bro..muahahha..1st and 2nd gear can follow and then when the 3rd gear come...so long la...the putra go and go...

ridox_orimabu

Jun 17, 2005
kl
owning a satria 1.6 makes ur proud :rock: ..it can accelerates pretty well..can reach above 200km/h(ofcourse not so easy lah)...the engine sounds nice...it have Mitsu ECU ( that depends on which model)...and it is only a single-cam....mod it a bit for eg ;change the extractor to hotbits , the air filter , the exhaust system , tune the 'tepet' , n put micro-compressor...it surely can go as fast as the putra... or maybe even like the 1.5 gli model (year 1995 , my bro owns one (stock!) and evytime i race with him i sure kene tapau 2 tiang..coz mine is still stock)...thats for 1.6xli

for 1.5 model...look for the old bach ..like year 1995..it sure can tapau the 1.6xli anytime...n plus , its cheaper n less problems (my bro buys it for rm5k , thats damn cheap! )

so...1.5? or 1.6?? ehehehehe its ur choice bro..

rockfire82

Known Member
Mar 31, 2004
which year of satria 1.6 having the mitsu ecu? how to really differentiate btw the mitsu n the siemens ecu?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friends car been into accident.A car hit his car at the front wheel.Sent to the workshop to repair.After bring back his car from the workshop,he notice something abnormal at the wheel side.Whenever the car into any bumper or a bumpy road,there is a sound like the tyre hit the top part of it.So he asked me to checkout.I found that the wheel alignment is not in correct position like the picture below.The top part(green arrow) and right side(red arrow) distance is very less compared to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience