Rx-7 Mechanics

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

endless551

Known Member
Hello guys,

I'm just wondering other than Ah Choy, who else out there are good at rotary engines. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying Ah Choy is not good, just that I want to personally visit each and one of them before I make any judgement. Your input will be very much appreciated!

vaz maz and rmd can do rotary right? in sabah also has rotary mech and group..their front part of the car can lift (wheelie). :blink:

Ah Choy USJ
RedSuns Pandan Indah
RPM2 USJ

All in KL

phat7,

Could u kindly post the contact details for red sun and RPM2? Thanks.

RedSun Motor sport Service Station
1, Jalan 2, Pandan Indah Industrial park,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.

Mobile: 019 328 9549
Tel: 03- 4280 8863
Fax: 03- 4280 8823

I can't find the address for RPM2.

Yep just heard of the RPM2 from phat7. We plan to check out this place soon. Ah Meng is very experienced at general servicing and repair work for the RX-7 having worked on many. His workshop and his guys IMO are above average in terms of skill & care. However, this does come at a slightly higher price though I think it is worth it as you don't have to keep going back as most often the job is done right the first time.

Too often I have personally experienced mechanics who screw up your car but don't admit it because it make them look bad and you will lose confidence in them (i.e. they want to save face) Most mechanics will blame it on the car or the parts they installed before admitting fault of their own. Personally I have more respect for those mechanics that are honest...everyone make minor mistakes, however if they make a very careless and serious mistake then they are no good and don't deserve your business. Sadly these 'honest' mechanics are few and far between though. This one of the main ways bad rumours & opinions of the RX-7 / RE engine comes about! This engine is excellent but requires care & competent understanding...it is more susceptable to careless mistakes over piston and requires much more precision in its assembly when rebuilding...make no mistake the average 6 month to 1 year life of a rebuilt rotary here is absolutely ridiculous by world standards.

13btt,

Runnin short of time here, but.. WELL SAID! We share the same thoughts on this engineering brilliance.. RE gets a bad name due to mechanic's ignorance, user abuse and lack of knowledge, and fuel consumption (which should not be an issue as RE is a race engine!! What u put in is what u get).

If anyone checking out the mechanics on maybe, saturday, kindly give me a ring at 012-2131839, don't mind me tagging along.

I'm having so many arguments lately with my friends about ROtary engines.. Maybe I'm getting more defensive since I finally own one of this engineering milestone powerplant..

my simple reply is Its the only Japanese Car to ever win Lemans and with a rotary engine at that!!!

There is no bad rotary but bad rotary owners. Simple

Also most recently they have found that the rotary engine efficiency in combusting hybrid fuel is by far the best and there is serious consideration in jointly developing the rotary for use in the future by a couple of manufacturers.

RPM2 just moved to shah alam last 2 days if I m not mistaken...will post add whn i get it but got the phone number if u all want it...

hmmm ...nteresting...as i do want to get one of these in the near future... see how la...

Praying for the money tree to grow healthy and wise :)

Muz... your ride is the gorgeous one to me weary eyes!

my simple reply is Its the only Japanese Car to ever win Lemans and with a rotary engine at that!!!

Word!!

In addition to that, it seems that when they opened up the engine after the race, The internal parts were as good as new!

I heard AspecFC does a killer clutch jobs on N/A FC's :P

hi delimaputih...thx.... eyes weary from looking at all the girls posing for traffic ??? :o

trust me... as they do not put happiness in me still beating heart than seeing a good ride in front me eyes, aye

muz's ride is inded gorgeous i must say (in thick english accent, whilst rubbing my english chin)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom