Remove tinting film before Puspakom Inspection

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
Just told by car dealer about this.

Is it true that all the car must remove the tinting film before the Puspakom inspection. It is a shocking news to me, really waste of money.

yukikaze26

Apr 22, 2009
Terengganu
Yup..
If you don't remove it, Puspakom will remove it for free.
That was happen to my bro Myvi few month ago.

Last edited:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
As long as it conforms with their tint gauge, ur good to go. But in most circumstances, even a 1% over the limit will result in u having to remove the tint on the spot or re-doing the inspection after removal of the tint.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
yup..most cases usually fail...and the so called "free removal" by jpj, its not really free.they purposely tear it out very roughly...and all the gum wills tick to the glass...you need to go to an acc shop to get it removed/washed

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
at least they do it for u, my case, i had to remove it myself... front wind screen somemore. knn

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Just told by car dealer about this.

Is it true that all the car must remove the tinting film before the Puspakom inspection. It is a shocking news to me, really waste of money.
no it's not true. there is no such thing as "it's a must that all tinting film must be remove in order to go for inspection to puspakom" it is utterly rubbish.
people misunderstood it so much, that they exaggerate by saying like that.

the real deal is that puspakom use VLT device to check tinting film on cars. if u lepas then lepaslah..
if not then that's it. u have to remove whatever section of window that don't pass the VLT test, and re-test again.

p/s: re-test here means u have to line up and wait your turn again.

so its up to you, u want to gamble with your current tinted? and just go for it..who knows it might pass the VLT test?
OR
you don't want the hassle, worried that it might fail the VLT test which eventually forces you to line up again, wait for your turn..time wasted just like that. u decide to remove all the tinted.

it's your call actually.

Ling Reiden

From Facebook
Nov 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
remove save your time...i just have my car too also..even the most cheapest tinted also remove told by my runner...if you have your time,line up aagain...remember Puspakom always Full house like McD lunch hour...the choice is yours...

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
like what bro MKMD428 says, it depends on your luck.

but from my experience, most of the time, it'll be removed. if you're getting the runner to do it (like me), i don't care since i'm paying them, only thing is I'll waste time to redo it again.

just push your luck, and it depends on what kind of test you're doing too...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
last time they cant let u remove it there if it fail the light test. but now, if it fail the light test, even u tear it on the spot, u have to go line up again and pay again to get it inspect.
this is true....and we wont know what tint comply and whats not, cos most of the tint shop will claim theirs the best...even the most premium one, the most expensive one also failed at light test in puspakom.....

so to save, time & money & hassle....remove it...thats my sharing.
cheerz....

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
yup, when I bought my car in 2009, even very light tint, they asked to remove!! KNN.... ori from car manufacturer some more... what can I say... I have seen cars on the road with much much much darker tint and no problem!! KNN....

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
last time they cant let u remove it there if it fail the light test. but now, if it fail the light test, even u tear it on the spot, u have to go line up again and pay again to get it inspect.
this is true....and we wont know what tint comply and whats not, cos most of the tint shop will claim theirs the best...even the most premium one, the most expensive one also failed at light test in puspakom.....

so to save, time & money & hassle....remove it...thats my sharing.
cheerz....
exactly...just what I've experienced 3 weeks ago at puspakom seksyen 28 s.alam..
i just tried my luck since my tinted was a bit expensive..so sayang to remove it..
but my luck was not that 100%, the VLT caught my front windscreen

i did talk to puspakom personnel stating that:
"encik kereta saya ni fail tinted depan sahaja, inspection yang lain semua ok..kenapa tak koyak on the spot dan teruskan pemeriksaan mcm biasa? dulu kan macam itu prosedurnya?"

the reply was:

" tak boleh encik, ini arahan JPJ, wlupn wlupun kereta encik fail tinted hadapan sahaja, kami tetap perlu keluarkan result gagal dan encik mesti betulkan dulu kesalahan tu dan baru bole test semula..
kepilkan sekali result gagal yang lama utk pihak kami tahu dimana kesalahan sebelum ini"

So as u can see, i gambled with my tinted, but sadly luck wasn't on my side. on the same day i went out to acc shop, told them to peel off my front tinted and then line up again at puspakom. second time test doesn't took too much time.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
bro MKMD428, i feel you, i got mine removed by the runner last week too after gambling my luck..haha.. lucky it's not those expensive type.. tomorrow going to try my luck with the accessories shop to claim warranty (since they say JPJ koyak ada warranty)...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
especially now - CNY around the corner....puspakom will be packed...so better to just peel off and get it approve once and for all.....:) :)

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
if you're bringing the car yourself, then better peel it off first, if runner, then let them do it la... save your time and go do something better, like getting extra income to cover the replacement cost... :)

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

As long as it conforms with their tint gauge, ur good to go. But in most circumstances, even a 1% over the limit will result in u having to remove the tint on the spot or re-doing the inspection after removal of the tint.
off topic a bit, temujin, i think i saw you about 2 weeks ago at puchong at one of the workshop, it was a weekday afternoon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro MKMD428, i feel you, i got mine removed by the runner last week too after gambling my luck..haha.. lucky it's not those expensive type.. tomorrow going to try my luck with the accessories shop to claim warranty (since they say JPJ koyak ada warranty)...
Do tell what happens with the shop claim. I'm interested to know how this goes

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...
Any workshop to recommend which located at JB which allowed me to do some minor or major mod for my car (hyundai coupe)???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience