Random Shot: Gemballa Mirage GT

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Whilst driving home earlier today, I spotted Tom's Green Goblin. Made a mental note to text him later on, and that's when this caught my eye. I was stunned. I've only ever seen this in pictures. I mean, sure... Carrera GTs are rare, but the Gemballa Mirage GT; that's rarer than rare! In fact, this baby is not seen very often on the roads at all!

So what's happened here? Well, Gemballa decided to take a big standard Porsche 980 Carrera GT and tweak it in every way possible. The end result is a terrifying 670hp, 630Nm, and a 0-100km/h time of 3.7secs and a 0-200km/h sprint in 9.7secs!

There are about 1500 Carrera GTs out in the wild today. That's common to some... so to make a limited edition, out of a limited edition, the Mirage GT conversion starts from EUR230,000 and production is limited to only 25 units.

Now THAT is rare.

Attachments

Last edited:

hksp

Known Member
Aug 14, 2004
tis one lives in d.heights ? prince car ? 4get the number

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
wow, you beat me to it, i'll add on some pics later. love the center lock wheels so much, especially the bespoke nut that secures it. amazing piece of kit, no matter how many times you see it even in that dull shade of metallic grey. The Gundam exhaust trims tops off the mental package

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
WPN no plate? seen it on the way to sepang once.. the sound was just epic

Stasis21

Known Member
Mar 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Isn't tis the same one at super GT, :top: . I remember at super GT, its plat no. Was taped but some one peeled it off a bit ... got some pics of it too

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Isn't tis the same one at super GT, :top: . I remember at super GT, its plat no. Was taped but some one peeled it off a bit ... got some pics of it too
Yea, looks like it. I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw it during the Super GT event, what an awesome car! Unfortunately no Zonda there though...

tera

May 19, 2009
too bad .. it now rare than ever .. awe gemballa died .. last year .. not sure .. maybe last 2 years ..
now tech art or RUF taking over to produce tuned porsche

did any1 ever noticed ?? its left hand drive .. hmm interesting

Last edited:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
indeed... left hand drive.. were any right hand drive units ever produced?

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
i guess this is unique one
Pagani zonda Cinque, 1 of the 5 in the world, car is in london yet

BMW fanatic

Known Member
Nov 1, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wow, you beat me to it, i'll add on some pics later. love the center lock wheels so much, especially the bespoke nut that secures it. amazing piece of kit, no matter how many times you see it even in that dull shade of metallic grey. The Gundam exhaust trims tops off the mental package
Waiting to see your pics too, Tom :)

too bad .. it now rare than ever .. awe gemballa died .. last year .. not sure .. maybe last 2 years ..
now tech art or RUF taking over to produce tuned porsche
did any1 ever noticed ?? its left hand drive .. hmm interesting
Uwe Gemballa was found shot dead in South Africa in October 2010 ..... poor guy.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the lhd Gemballa Mirage GT was owned by a royal family which used to be a regular in Porsche Carrera Cup Asia.
Car's idle engine sound is quite funny thou.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hie,
My car have standard center bullet and straight original toyota center bullet in the middle chasis. Standard center bullet was leaked so i went to a exhaust acc. shop to replace it, then he said don have the standard one and suggested me a center bullet brand everco......the look inside is straight hole with silenser (Straight flow)..he said too that now all people using 2 straight flow bullet...so i just agreed to what he said..he charged me rm 180 plus rm 20 to install....i used it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience