R34 GTT Boost Level

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Any bro or sis out there can tell me wat is the original boost level for R34 GTT RB25DET engine ...

hi...standard from factory is 0.6 bar...if play boost-up u can go up to 0.9 to 1.0 bar with full exhaust system, air filter,intercooler n other minor mods...if properly tuned with ecu, turbo and fuel pump the car can reach 1.35 easy easy...with stock internal..

on the boost meter normally it will tell you first stage is 0.5 and second stages is 0.7 but it is not that correct on the meter but in actual it is running on 0.3 and 0.5

someone have try boosting over 1.2 bar but it seem with stock turbo it seem run out of compression.

for daily driving i recon 0.6 - 0.7 bar on your boost controller, it feel better then boosting higher then that.

my 2 cents of comment... cheers.

there are 2 stages of boost in GTT which come in on low rev and another one on high rev

yeah.... maybe we should say that high boost and low boost right Sakakida ?

There's no low rpm boost or high rpm boost.. the boost just goes up to the point where the actuator opens. The actuator (stock) is rated @ 5psi. The Solenoid opens during normal operation to let go a bit of air, hence fooling the actuator to think pressure has not reach 5psi. The solenoid airflow gives the system another 2psi before the actuator opens. So all in all, 7psi or about 0.5bar. When the ECU goes into safe mode (e.g. something is wrong, the solenoid will not open. Hence, the boost will be only 5psi which is quite safe).

after i did my ECU, Exhaust, Intercooler and other upgrades - my tuner set up my EVC to 0.8 and 1.0 but at 1.0, the car was losing umphhhh... not sure why, maybe mine was auto i guess. must ask Innocente :) but anyway, went back to N1 and got it back down to 0.6 and 0.8. so far the drive is fine.

sakakida ...

izzit the GTT using neo engine that why got 2 stage ?
if the R33 RB25 no 2 stage rite ?

R34 is single stage, Not sure about the R33s. The solenoid opens when the boost exceeds 0.

WeiHan : @ 1.0 could possibly be your injectors not delivering enough fuel ?

the neo is like the vvti and it work at 5000rpm above.... not sure about the 2 stages boost but many people experince 0.5 then 0.7 (on the analog meter) as my car came not original so not really sure on.

Weihan - sometimes the wheel make a lot of different on how much you boost up but boosting at 1bar is still very safe and the ecu actually delivering too much of fuel and making it too rich and lost power but remember your original ecu boost cut at 1bar so if you set it to 1 bar it might have boost spike which make the ecu keep cutting off you boost. setting it at 0.9 will be a safe range

which evc you are using? i'm also running on 0.6 and 0.8 but i got my scramble mode set another 0.3 bar so anything i can run on 0.9 and 1.1 bar... but i feel it really need a wider or grippy tyres to run on 0.9 or 1.1 hahaha been spinning too much of wheel...

R33 also has a boost solenid from factory to run 2 stage. for R34 it's 0.3 and 0.5. Depends on what mods you have on the car tho... also, just a note - if you plan to run higher boost, you will run out of capacity on the AFM and then experience a dip in power as you rev through the rev range.

oh ok now it tell why...so mean anything more then 1.1 bar on the original turbine will run out of capacity.

actually i'm running out of capacity at 0.7 bar..... i have a huge flatspot in the power curve as a result... also checked with consult and my Afl voltage is hitting 4.9v at this range.. the limit is 5v

how come? you mean you got problem with the AF? hey so long didn't see you, call me for yum cha la at some place cold hhehe

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom