R32: some enquiries

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

-archap-

Sep 25, 2005
hw s it going, mate!!!!

hey guys,,actually im so impress with tis GROUP....lots of worthwhile discussion had been brought up..keep it up!!!

Atm im studying abroad n nw starts eyeing to buy R32 or R33 to bring back to msia..in here the cars price ranges from 10-20K AUD (OZ)...

the ting is this gonna b my first car and ive got very little knowledge about it especially its value in msia...

so here are a number of things that i curious about:
a) the market value of those cars in msia..
b) their maintenance, do they have abundant spare parts in msia?

i would b very appreciate if some of u guys able to give some advise on tis :biggrin:

-nismo beginner-

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
-archap-

try the skyline forum, you can get more input there.
Market value depends on which model and variant that you are purchasing, as for parts...dont have to worry, Malaysia has abundance of jap model car parts.

-archap-

Sep 25, 2005
yup!!! thnx a lot gtst31...
im new so i was not aware of that group at the time i wrote the msg....
thnx for informing...
:tee:

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
your most welcome, if your looking for parts you could try donut or cmng for good deals.

rgds

-archap-

Sep 25, 2005
a31gtst said:
your most welcome, if your looking for parts you could try donut or cmng for good deals.

rgds
hahah that's so fast...i dont even have the car yet... :biggrin:
but there s another prob im having rite now...

if i wanna bring the car back to msia, wat sort of associated costs involved??

ok, say the car price here in OZ is 12K, and thus plus the associated costs to will it b worthwhile to get it here??

do u think it s bettr jz to get it in msia??...

sorry...too many questions ere,,,, :rock:

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
First of all which model do you wish to bring in? R32 GTS or GTR...R33 GTS or GTR
If you want to bring in R32 GTS, you might find a few here for btw 60 to 70k depending on mods..GTR also got...hehehe, can ask CMNG if youre interested. As for R33 then it would be cheaper if you brought it in wth student AP....very rare to find R33 for sale here...even if there is one its more than 100k.

It all depends on your budget, what is the ceiling amount you are willing to pay. As I mentioned early, try asking around the skyline forum...there are many members who can give you good advise there... do some research on the importing process and all fees involved...you can also do some inquiries on how much loan and the interest rates, etc if you were to purchase one here in Malaysia.

All the best in your quest for the Skyline...

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
bring back car from Aussie is not worth it
only from japan is worth it

example a R32 GTS cost Aussie 10k
bring back shipping tax , i think cost about Aussie 10k liow

total is 20k aussie mean about RM60k
mean same with malaysia

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
i dont quite agree with that, depending on the person, i would still bring it back even if it costs the same solely because the cars in aussie are alot better condition than those in msia, pop up any bonnet in msia and u will know y, and look at the interior and so on, and compare the ones here in aussie, for the same price, more hassle undoubtly, but MUCH better condition

-archap-

Sep 25, 2005
Liner said:
i dont quite agree with that, depending on the person, i would still bring it back even if it costs the same solely because the cars in aussie are alot better condition than those in msia, pop up any bonnet in msia and u will know y, and look at the interior and so on, and compare the ones here in aussie, for the same price, more hassle undoubtly, but MUCH better condition
exactly!!that's wat im thinking as well...

though the skyline ere much cheaper than msia but i guess taking import tax into consideration, it will jz cost the same like the one in msia...

hwever, aussie has wider choices i suppose..lots of skylines advertised to be sold and they are all look awesome in and out..comparing to msia, the choice is very limited i reckon...

nyway,.. thanx to all...it's been great to have opinion from others...nw i got to start saving money lor... :dancing2: