[Questions] GP Racing Brake Kits

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
Have any of you guys heard of this brand GP Racing 4pot brake systems?
Would like to know the feedback for this brakes. good or bad ? and does it compatible with other brake pads,

From what i heard is same brake pads as AP racing.

and what is the price range for it?

refference:
http://www.gpracing.com.tw/web/SG?pageID=25945&_fcmID=FG0000002127000044_2_3

Hope some sifu can teach me

cheers,

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
most "never heard before" aftermarket brake kits copy the design of the trend setters like AP, wilwood etc so yeah, usually they design the kits to have same brake pads dimensions as renowned manufacturers to allow ease of sourcing parts. usually after 5-6 years, these brands disappear from the market so if the brake pads are unique size, it'll be troublesome for customers to source brake pads.

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
nissan 4pot is 2hand or old liow i was thinking of getting a brand new set and its plug n play instead of needed to mod

btw GP racing says that follow AP racing pads
but i m wondering does this kind of no name brakes kits do performs ? i know its like asking buying japan car and malaysian car but wat are the pro and cons would happen i m just curious lol

some ppl said its not much of a diff just brand .. but some said lighter and some said can break ?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
another brand u can look into is grippen. its readily available in malaysia and i have seen lots of cars running them. dunno whats the feedback but maybe u can do some research on those.

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
one more question i had in mind that i read about is that the ABS ?
will any of this after market brake system affect the ABS system?

sky1802

Known Member
Jul 13, 2007
Sarawak
I also need info regarding this GP racing brake kit.
Apparently someone on ZTH offered this kit for 4k+
And yes,GP racing pads are identical or swapabble with AP pads.

Bump: Here you go,

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/chassis-and-wheels/282160-4pot-with-330-braking-system-for-varios-car-models.html#post3717139

Anybody got info on Grippen website?

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/chassis-and-wheels/282160-4pot-with-330-braking-system-for-varios-car-models.html#post3717139

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
how much were u quoted?
i m looking at the same brakes too, just wondering if its any worst than 2nd hand brembo/half cut brembo

sky1802

Known Member
Jul 13, 2007
Sarawak
I was quoted 4.4k
The good thing about this kit is the brake caliper is not oversized and you can retain stock 17" wheels. (Well,if your stock is 17" lah) Not like VTTR and Grippen,you need to find suitable rim in order to fit without hitting the caliper. This kit is claimed to be lighter than other aftermarket brake kit.

But I don't really know that well,I've yet to purchase it.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
i've heard of the GP brake kit before but dont hv any friends using it so far..
i saw couples of 2ndhnd brembo 4 pots at JC sunway and they were in very good conditions..u might wanna check them..but for me brake system is very2 vital for safety..i rather spend a bit more to buy branded braking kits :biggrin:

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
hey sky,

i was quoted around there too, btw would like to ask is that
whats the offset of the brake system ?
u said can retain 17inch normal without finding special rims?

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I will prefer a brake kit that is designed matching my car, 2nd hand brake kit were taken down from other cars and is designed for specific car weight & hp, the braking ability might not match your car. Taiwan brand sounded cheapo but they are actually world major OEM country for advance technology item which include lots of BRAND that we like... I trust the quality behind those shiny brand but then again perhaps 1/4 or even half of the price were paid for it's name instead of quality. Some of my friend from singapore installed vttr, no bad comment so far...

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
i agree with zac i think so far those taiwanese brand are quite good of course cannot compare with brand new brembo which cost like 10-12k

btw zac for those brakes taken from other cars and u buy after market brake kits
its the same

what is different
the after market one you buy they already made the bracket to fit ur car

the brembo taken down from evo u have to custom make a bracket to fit ur car

but its still a bracket but whether the quality made custom better or made by the taiwan company better
that one subjective lol

btw anyone else know anything about this brake system?

GP Racing Taiwan.

need me reviews

sky1802

Known Member
Jul 13, 2007
Sarawak
On the promo advert,the seller listed that stock 17" wheel can fit perfectly without any issue. The advert also post the picture of caldina installed with this brake kit. Caldina stock wheel is 17" x 7 offset:45.

The seller's quoted price is cash and carry only,without installation. It's plug and play for Caldina,unlike brembo from Subaru,you have to mod bracket to fit.

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
sky how can u tell in the picture that its a caldina installed the brakes??
I think this brakes could be a good buy right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yp guys,
anyone can tell me how to diy installation of an open pod air filter, and do i need to retune by car?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience