Question: Amplifier Bass Boost Control selection

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

boyzone

2,000 RPM
All Sifus,

ICE noob here, have a simple question to ask, hope can educate me. Thanks in advance.

Question:
- What is Amplifier Bass Boost Control?
- What is the function?
- How to select ( e.g. 0db, 6 db etc )?
- What mean by Bass Boost at 50HZ?
- If the amp is only for subwoofer low HZ bass, how should I select?

Pls advise.. Thanks
Happy New Year...2009 :beer:

Last edited:
Re: Qurstion: Amplifier Bass Boost Control selection

Anyone can share here?:adore:

As the name suggest, the bass boost is meant for u to boost up the 50hz sub-frequency. The db thing means how loud you want to boost those frequencies. The amp gain bass boost is like the EQ and for your case is at 50Hz. I will not encourage u to turn on that gain if your amp is powering the component speakers. If those speakers are installed at the door panels, it is likely u will get lots of rattling and distortion could be one of the results too. Whether to switch on the bass boost depends on your preference, but please do in a small incremental step and tune to your satisfaction.

My personal experience revealed that the bass boost made my sub more boomy and I hate that. But, others may find that nice if boomy bass is what they are looking for.

Last edited:

Thanks Nic,

If want to disable, how to select? set to 0db?

I think the name explained itself. Boosting may be cool but a lot of ppl does not know that you are boosting the sine wave to square.

I think the name explained itself. Boosting may be cool but a lot of ppl does not know that you are boosting the sine wave to square.

huh? sinw wave to square?
can explain more detail? Thanks.

square sine wave = clipping

hehe that info all newbie no need to know lah, afterwards more pening kepala one....

interesting...sifu:adore:,care to explain on,"square sine wave = clipping"......need to broaden my knowledge to talk cock...hehehe.....:biggrin:

Top Bottom