Question about muffler ... need help from u pros

noobiejlcs

Jun 22, 2006
i m noob here , just wana ask do there really have muffler that are quite and also can improve the acceleration of the car ? can name some brand for me ?
thanks ..

eldiablo

Jul 5, 2006
Technically as the stock muffler is positioned towards the tip end of your exhaust pipe, putting in a new aftermarket one doesn't really affect power as there wouldnt be considerable enough back pressure built up to affect the efficiency in your engine [unless of course your stock muffler is made up of more than the necessary sectional divides (which would really be fuc#ed up)]. If there is, then your exhaust pipe needs a wider diameter - but doing so would affect the low end torque. So its really a balance that you need to consider.

The trick really lies in how your exhaust headers are designed. Not so much the muffler.

yeap.... muffler is jz the tip of the end of ur exhaust system... it wont affect ur performance alot... what usually matters when u purchase a muffler is the sound it makes...

noobiejlcs

Jun 22, 2006
ohhh, i c , thanks to u all lah , i really appreciate it ,
than how about the extractor ? my waja is 1.6 auto wan , so do i need to change it ???/
and how about bullet ??

if manual cars use s-flow, whats the disadvantages??... i planning to go for silent muffler..... if take straightflow, only JASMA certified are quiet.... but i dont have the money buy JASMA mufflers wo... so how??...

does s-flow improve low end torque??....

boyzone

Mar 13, 2005
guys, my mivec is set up with 2 inch piping with aftermarket local made 421 , 2 inch mid bullet and 1.75 inch Hotbit Super turbo muffler ( N flow ).
There is no disadvantages to use on s flow muffler. The most important is the muffler diameter size. overall, 421 and piping diameter are playing most important part in exhuast system.
S- flow muffler even though can work like N group muffler , u just need to prefer on bigger diameter muffler set up .
U guys can prefer to NZ mivec club posting, almost stock condition mivec can clock with 14 sec flat in 400m drag ... and the muffler set up is using s -flow muffler.

And I very strongly recommanded on Hotbit muffler, light weight + reasonable price and power u can get.

guys and dudes here, sorry if this topic posted already or many topics opened.

i wanna ask about about HKS and Apexi spark plug

which 1 is better and about the price?

about about the 7 8 and 9 how to c which car have to use what?