Question about muffler ... need help from u pros

noobiejlcs

Jun 22, 2006
i m noob here , just wana ask do there really have muffler that are quite and also can improve the acceleration of the car ? can name some brand for me ?
thanks ..

eldiablo

Jul 5, 2006
Technically as the stock muffler is positioned towards the tip end of your exhaust pipe, putting in a new aftermarket one doesn't really affect power as there wouldnt be considerable enough back pressure built up to affect the efficiency in your engine [unless of course your stock muffler is made up of more than the necessary sectional divides (which would really be fuc#ed up)]. If there is, then your exhaust pipe needs a wider diameter - but doing so would affect the low end torque. So its really a balance that you need to consider.

The trick really lies in how your exhaust headers are designed. Not so much the muffler.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap.... muffler is jz the tip of the end of ur exhaust system... it wont affect ur performance alot... what usually matters when u purchase a muffler is the sound it makes...

noobiejlcs

Jun 22, 2006
ohhh, i c , thanks to u all lah , i really appreciate it ,
than how about the extractor ? my waja is 1.6 auto wan , so do i need to change it ???/
and how about bullet ??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if manual cars use s-flow, whats the disadvantages??... i planning to go for silent muffler..... if take straightflow, only JASMA certified are quiet.... but i dont have the money buy JASMA mufflers wo... so how??...

does s-flow improve low end torque??....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
guys, my mivec is set up with 2 inch piping with aftermarket local made 421 , 2 inch mid bullet and 1.75 inch Hotbit Super turbo muffler ( N flow ).
There is no disadvantages to use on s flow muffler. The most important is the muffler diameter size. overall, 421 and piping diameter are playing most important part in exhuast system.
S- flow muffler even though can work like N group muffler , u just need to prefer on bigger diameter muffler set up .
U guys can prefer to NZ mivec club posting, almost stock condition mivec can clock with 14 sec flat in 400m drag ... and the muffler set up is using s -flow muffler.

And I very strongly recommanded on Hotbit muffler, light weight + reasonable price and power u can get.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys and dudes here, sorry if this topic posted already or many topics opened.

i wanna ask about about HKS and Apexi spark plug

which 1 is better and about the price?

about about the 7 8 and 9 how to c which car have to use what?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience