Proton throttle body conversion

ssa_yong

Known Member
Mar 8, 2008
I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits well with the 4g13's intake manifold?
-4g91,4g92,4g93

-or do i need any special modification?
eg, wiring, custom bracket, change the intake manifold

please, advice needed from any expert out there

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
i had same question too :)

just ask from my friends i think is simple said that ask me to get 4g92 n/a and v6 tb but need to mod the kaki to fit in and cost me like Rm2XX.00 is it worth it ?

all total plus tb from chopshop should be cost Rm5Xx. ??

ssa_yong

Known Member
Mar 8, 2008
skywalker : thanks for your info, with wira 1.6 tb, do need to mod any wiring?

biz da tech : i had checked the size of the throttle body of the 4g92, the size of the 'kaki' is the same, the only different is the diameter of the throttle body (4g13p has a smaller diameter & 4g92 has a bigger diameter)

so, the only thing to do is bore the intake manifold to a bigger diameter.
*but, i still cant find any workshop who are willing to do the job. :banghead:

and, with Mitsubishi's tb, i'll need to modify the wiring, which will cost i don't know how much.

Any pros out there with more info? your help will be appreciated.

ssa_yong

Known Member
Mar 8, 2008
if your wiring is vdo..you can use 4g93 vdo tb
the 4g93 tb from the satria GTI?

thanks unicorn, but i'm using the mmc version tb.:confused:

Any more pros out there with more info? your help will be appreciated.
:wavey:

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
emm, 4g93 tb? try pm kh_guan, he uses it..from my experience (i use 4g92 tb), 4g13/15 can use 4g91,92,93,63 and 6a12 tb (for mmc only) need to modify the lower half a bit..just make sure put in at least their intended injector (example 182 for 4g92 tb) and fuel regulator if fuel delivery not cun..

Last edited:

ssa_yong

Known Member
Mar 8, 2008
emm, 4g93 tb? try pm kh_guan, he uses it..from my experience (i use 4g92 tb), 4g13/15 can use 4g91,92,93,63 and 6a12 tb (for mmc only) need to modify the lower half a bit..just make sure put in at least their intended injector (example 182 for 4g92 tb) and fuel regulator if fuel delivery not cun..
thanks for the info, but i'm not really understand with 'need to modify the lower half a bit'

whats the diffrence?/

and also 'just make sure put in at least their intended injector (example 182 for 4g92 tb) and fuel regulator if fuel delivery not cun..'

what is the intended injector?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
thanks for the info, but i'm not really understand with 'need to modify the lower half a bit'

whats the diffrence?/

and also 'just make sure put in at least their intended injector (example 182 for 4g92 tb) and fuel regulator if fuel delivery not cun..'

what is the intended injector?
throttle body lower half is the ISC unit....

intended injectors means injector size suitable for ur engine displacement and capability... lets say u stroked ur engine up to 1.6 but still running 145cc injector from 1.3 engine, it will not be sufficient especially high revs....

on the other hand if u install too big injectors (for example 390cc gsr injector in 1.3L engine), u will have idling problem and high fuel consumption....

1 thing most important, if u intend to put bigger cc injectors, its best to have a piggyback ecu to control the amount of fuel injected per cycle...

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
can use tb from mivec n eterna-twin turbo...60mm inlet diameter
same mounting:biggrin:

oligokoko

Known Member
Aug 17, 2008
if want 2 upgrade 4g92p t/b, besides d perdana sei (which i dun know d engine code) t/b, wut other t/b can be used? got extra tapak for t/b if we dun want 2 rebore d intake manifold?

Speeder

Known Member
Mar 15, 2009
May I know whether 4G93 VDO throttle body can use for Proton Wira 4G15 SVDO or not?

Somebody say 4g93 VDO throttle body can fit to 4G15 SVDO but cannot work due to 4G15 SVDO ECU cannot match with 4g93 VDO throttle body, isn't true?

Isn't got any others bigger throttle body can use for Proton Wira 4G15 SVDO?

Please advise.............

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Dear tuning sifus,

I drive a 2 litre hyundai coupe and I am thinking of upgrading the brakes on my ride...

was wondering whether the brakes on the mitsu can be put in? with some minor match up n bolt on job?... anyone knows?

anyone can fill me in? Can't really seem to get a definite answer....

was thinking, if it is possible to match the evo 4 brakes in....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience