Proton Inspira Power Mod

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Hi guys,

I am new to car mod. Need some expert advice on this.

I am seeking for the extra top end power of my car. I am driving a 1.8MT and it tops out at 205km/h (need a bit more to pit against most modern cars). Coincidentally my father drives a 2.0AT Inspira and I am thinking of engine swap between the two cars since he does not really utilise its full power.

I do not wish to go down the BOT way due to the potential risk of destroying the engine and the issue of long-term reliability.

The real question here is, is it a simple task by swapping the engine? Or do I need to change/upgrade all other parts (wheel/rim, exhaust, gearbox or etc..) accordingly to handle that extra 200cc displacement?

Please enlighten me on this.
Thanks.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
sell inspila... buy evoX straight....

else.. dont bother mod for power in inspila/ lancer....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
honestly, is the difference in power really worth the effort?
its really not a significant difference in power.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
honestly, is the difference in power really worth the effort?
its really not a significant difference in power.
Too much effort for transplant?? Thought can gain extra horse or torque from the extra 200cc..

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Too much effort for transplant?? Thought can gain extra horse or torque from the extra 200cc..
your 1.8 has the same bore as the 2.0. only difference is the stroke. power difference is +-30hp at the crank on paper and about +-3kgm tork difference. is it worth the effort? nope.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
your 1.8 has the same bore as the 2.0. only difference is the stroke. power difference is +-30hp at the crank on paper and about +-3kgm tork difference. is it worth the effort? nope.
cant recall what the actual specs are but the difference is really tiny, probably 10hp at most!

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
cant recall what the actual specs are but the difference is really tiny, probably 10hp at most!
wah. that's way lower than what they stated on paper. but yeah, if ts wanna swap the 4b11 into his car, he won't feel that much difference. and minor mods also not gonna give much gain unless he go for cam swap and other stuff.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Was going to say that, how often hit 205kph? Mine 190kph max speed cut......lol
No speed cut. The speedo reads 205km/h or more. Didn't read it carefully. I always travel North South Highway. Sometimes kena cucuk I'll have the tendency of hitting 205km/h. Lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just received my car last friday and noticed the 'check engine light' never lights up just before starting the engine. If i'm not mistaken, the light should be turned on automatically for a few seconds before/during starting the engine?:confused: Anybody have any experience about this? Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience