Pro's and Con's Of A Can-Lari ( Kenari )?

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
As above. Here's my take :

Pro's :
- large space, therefore comfortable for both short and long distance driving.
- good fuel FC.
- acceptable comfort level ( for local car costing under RM 50k new ).
- large aftermarket support.

Con's :
- Wind noise from 90kph ( I heard that this can be reduced, how? )
- Handling ( well, I own a EG3+6, known as Honda's Sporty Civic! )

Anything else, I dunno much lah. The thing is, I'm thinking of buying a 2nd car for daily driving and balik kampung drives. I've thought about buying a 2nd hand 1.4 IDSI Jazz, but a Kenari is within reach with the same budget, brand new summore. And when I feel the itch to drive fast or for my SIC track days, I'll drive my EG hatchie lah. I don't like MyVi, as it feels cramped ( to me ) compared to Kenari lah.

Is there any apparent problems that Kenari ( auto ) might have ( 2nd hand or new )? Like rattling interiors, auto GB etc? Btw, which Kenaris get that red / black interior?

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Yo Ace79 taiko,this issue already been discussed for a lot of time. Here are some point for you to consider:

1.It got wind noise which can't be solve
2.This is a tall car with skinny tyres hence handling is not that good.
3.Engine vibration is a common feature becos this is a 3 cylinder car.
4.Stock wise this is quick a comfort car which quite suit city drive for long distance wise i will suggest u to use ur honda.
5.Fuel consumption wise is quite ok,as u know as car aged so is the fuel consumption increase.
6.Maintenance wise is quite reasonable n economy.
7.The front disc brake always encounter over heat if u try go up and down Genting a few round n apply a lot of braking, it tend to be spongy a bit or worse sometime no brake i think.
8.Stock wise it can reach 140km/h easily after that its like take ages to reach 160km/h.
9.U got a lot of aftermarket accessories for modding the interior and extrerior.
10.Its a nice car to play ice if it is properly soundproofed.
11.Its a nice family weekend car,easy to park n drive,almost hassle free.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Ah, sorry Tohsan. I was abit lazy to search the forum, since ZTH is still upgrading. Dun call me taiko la brother, I'm still a small fish in the industry! Eheh!

Driving my Honda for long - distance driving? Eeek! With the upcoming plans for the EG ( hence the idea of buying another car ), the EG will be too hard ( suspension - wise ) for long - distance and kampung road driving!

Speed about 140 kph is more than enough for me, since nowadays is too risky to speed up over the Sg Besi - Johor PLUS highway stretch nowadays.

Engine vibration, hhhmmmm, how to encounter that. Soundproofing is in my mind also, and maybe a nice 2 DIN LCD setup plus a SPL sound system too.

About the fuel economy, although the car is old ( if I buy 2nd ), you can still regain the fuel economy if you go for a full engine + auto GB checkup and service as soon as you get your car. That was what I did when I first got my EG, spent about RM 2k for engine and bushes. Well, now some of the bushes is a bit kaput after a few SIC sessions last year though...

Braking - wise, maybe a pad upgrade will be better.

Ah, I already now what to do if I get myself a Can-Lari....
- engine + auto GB checkup, service and replace parts if necessary )
- check all bushes ( change if necessary, got SuperPro ah for Can-Lari? )
- 3M tint ( since the Can-Lari is a glasshouse on the move! )
- soundproofing ( to get that nice door shut "thud!" noise etc )
- SPL sound system setup with a 10 inch sub, plus a 2 DIN LCD VCD / DVD player ( entertainment for my siblings during balik kampung trips )
- diff wheels ( for a nice look )
- change dampers to Koni ( again, for a nice look and perhaps better body control? )

I'm thinking of the new Kenari RS, no need to change exterior or wheels. But the interior colour....aiayh....it's not like what the older gen Kenari Aero got ( the red / black interior? I like that one, so similar to my EG6 interior trim! ) lah...

Tohsan, many thanks for your info!

Yo Ace79 taiko,this issue already been discussed for a lot of time. Here are some point for you to consider:

1.It got wind noise which can't be solve
2.This is a tall car with skinny tyres hence handling is not that good.
3.Engine vibration is a common feature becos this is a 3 cylinder car.
4.Stock wise this is quick a comfort car which quite suit city drive for long distance wise i will suggest u to use ur honda.
5.Fuel consumption wise is quite ok,as u know as car aged so is the fuel consumption increase.
6.Maintenance wise is quite reasonable n economy.
7.The front disc brake always encounter over heat if u try go up and down Genting a few round n apply a lot of braking, it tend to be spongy a bit or worse sometime no brake i think.
8.Stock wise it can reach 140km/h easily after that its like take ages to reach 160km/h.
9.U got a lot of aftermarket accessories for modding the interior and extrerior.
10.Its a nice car to play ice if it is properly soundproofed.
11.Its a nice family weekend car,easy to park n drive,almost hassle free.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just open up my e4 engine today..... looks like luck always not by my side..... my block being scratch by the piston, make the engine damaged, even got suspected head lifting cause we open the head so easy, not tight at all..... i got 1 RVR engine, terbalik type, it looks similar to my e4 engine, i plan to use that engine, my problem is

- i know the rvr different from e4 engine in turbo, injector, valve cover colour,ecu and wiring, and also intake.... what more different?? can anyone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience