Problems With 4G93 Eterna

johndilla

Mar 16, 2006
Hi to all the sifu out there,
I hope that i could get some help from you guy, I am driving a rojak transplanted 4G93 eterna engine which the transmission had been converted from automatic to manual and are using MMC 6123 ECU.

Here my problem:cry_smile: ,

1) After driving long distance or driving about 3-4kRPM (with air-cond turned on), the engine RPM will drop below 1kRPM and eventually turn off when it is idle. I had consulted many mechanics which suggested changing of the throttle body which I had done twice already and the problems still persist. Any idea whether it is due to the ECU?

2) Once when I had push the car to the limits (above 6kRPM) there where smokes from my spedo and it had affected the electronics (Head Lamps and signal light) to be not working. I had sent in for repair at an accessories shop and they had recommended that i redo the wiring for the engine(previously wiring had been coverted to fit a 4G91 dash). Is this necessary? They also told that it is due to the alternate current wires which had been jumble up 2gether which had cause this also.

I would like to thank you in advance for helping.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
4G93 Eterna ?? Pardon me but my understanding Eterna isn't it V6 or 6A1x ?

1. Have you check your Mass Air Flow (MAF) AIR FLOW SENSORS? Errr...6123 ECU original is from what engine ? What's the original MAF code and the current one that you are using ? Engine die off or bad idling on MMC engine most of the time related to incorrect airflow or intake setting

2. Oh mine...smoke from speedmeter ?? You have a volt meter in your dash ?? Sound like somewhere is overcharged...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
this is interesting... 4g9 series can rojak with a 6a10/6a12

can u tell me more about the engine.. how do u hybrid it..

keith_njt

Known Member
Nov 23, 2006
hello bro i have the same problem wit u,but how is your fuel comsumption 4 yours??i fuel in rm50 but just can go for 120km only....it is so high for tis i'm so confusing wit tis ecu 6123??plz send me your contact no to me to disscuss,ok?

keith_njt

Known Member
Nov 23, 2006
very high fuel comsumption 4 ecu 6123

hello bro i have the same problem wit u,but how is your fuel comsumption 4 yours??i fuel in rm50 but just can go for 120km only....it is so high for tis i'm so confusing wit tis ecu 6123??plz send me your contact no to me to disscuss,ok?

K3nnYkl82

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
KL
4G93 Eterna ?? Pardon me but my understanding Eterna isn't it V6 or 6A1x ?

1. Have you check your Mass Air Flow (MAF) AIR FLOW SENSORS? Errr...6123 ECU original is from what engine ? What's the original MAF code and the current one that you are using ? Engine die off or bad idling on MMC engine most of the time related to incorrect airflow or intake setting

2. Oh mine...smoke from speedmeter ?? You have a volt meter in your dash ?? Sound like somewhere is overcharged...
there are eterna's that comes with 4G93 SOHC.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i have personally seen 4G93 eterna halfcut. and a few of my friends are using them. based on their research, 4g93 eterna has gear ratios suited for highway top speed runs, and their engines has more torque compared to other 93s.

they use 4G93 1.8 twincam engines.

anyway john, please have your speed sensor wire checked. easiest way, check out your digital speed meter speed reading (RSM/hks type1 timer etc etc). if no reading but speedmeter in instrumentation cluster working, that means speed sensor kong. must change speedometer..

i suspect that is the cause of problems. improper wiring job will also cause this...

malyadayada

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
1) After driving long distance or driving about 3-4kRPM (with air-cond turned on), the engine RPM will drop below 1kRPM and eventually turn off when it is idle. I had consulted many mechanics which suggested changing of the throttle body which I had done twice already and the problems still persist. Any idea whether it is due to the ECU?

u have tuned up ur car back

2) Once when I had push the car to the limits (above 6kRPM) there where smokes from my spedo and it had affected the electronics (Head Lamps and signal light) to be not working. I had sent in for repair at an accessories shop and they had recommended that i redo the wiring for the engine(previously wiring had been coverted to fit a 4G91 dash). Is this necessary? They also told that it is due to the alternate current wires which had been jumble up 2gether which had cause this also.
I would like to thank you in advance for helping.

u have to rewire back cause the 4G93 uses a lot of grounding just did mine..my ignition switch was burnt n rewire the car back....

satria 770

Feb 22, 2007
about this halfcut
this is not the first one
even my sifu also saig this half cut got problem
n even no power...
some of my frenz even chamge the entire wiring to the gsr 4g93
i also dunno what the different

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Do u mean that with Eterna chasis JDM 4G93 is not so powerfull??
For air con problem, I think u need to recalibrate with ur idling with ISC stepper motor. And of coz, u need to check back ur wiring... seem like some wire is wrong connection or over load.
At our side, we have a lot of this version of 4G93 on the road... and most of them are damn powerful...:X-:
Hope can help.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
The timing belt is still on the same side for as the evo 1,2,3..

Even 6a12 & 6a12TT timimg belt is still on the same side unlike the CK models

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Upon Collecting his new car, my buddy , has been searching a lot on lne toward A-Z coating avail in the country

some of the dirt seen upon arriving our Hive

door jam
dirt found...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience