Please Help...My Kenari KM/H Meter Got Problem...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
My Kenari KM/H Meter Got Problem...

My Kenari meter is running not accurate and the pointer is jumping since few months ago.......i already change the cable call cable speedo meter for kenari and it is original but still can not fix the problem..........someone advice me to change the km/h meter for the car but is so difficult and the meter running will need to recount.....and i afraid after i change the meter the problem still exist.....someone know about this and how many factor will causing this problem.....this is really bothering me..........plssssss help.

Last edited:

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
mailbox said:
My Kenari meter is running not accurate and the pointer is jumping since few months ago.......i already change the cable call cable speedo meter for kenari and it is original but still can not fix the problem..........someone advice me to change the km/h meter for the car but is so difficult and the meter running will need to recount.....and i afraid after i change the meter the problem still exist.....someone know about this and how many factor will causing this problem.....this is really bothering me..........plssssss help.
i have the same problem with my kelisa too last time.... anything goes beyond 120km/h it goes hair wire. Changed the meter and problem solved. but still need calibration as it runs light. speed @90km/h it shows 100km/h
my advise is get a daihatsu move meter, suppose to be better as its from japan, local not lots of headache.

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
thanks for that....but i still curious....i already change the original meter cable and it come worse...the problem start from 0km and not like last time is from 100km and above.....how much u change for ur meter...i heard we can get the whole meter board include rpm and also oil and temp meter or i can get only the km/h meter.....do u know they is other factor cause this problem....i afraid after i change problem still there....

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
mailbox said:
thanks for that....but i still curious....i already change the original meter cable and it come worse...the problem start from 0km and not like last time is from 100km and above.....how much u change for ur meter...i heard we can get the whole meter board include rpm and also oil and temp meter or i can get only the km/h meter.....do u know they is other factor cause this problem....i afraid after i change problem still there....

before it went koyak, occasionally i will hear 'tak tak tak' sound from the meter so i suppose some gears inside ahs already worn out.
got my meter free, took from my fren's kenari(he converted to move). but cant install the whole meter as kenari housing is different from kelisa. i hv to open up everything and transfer the speedo only.
u can use any perodua speedo meter, like kelisa, kenari, kembara (old model), rusa. they are all same. like i say, if u r paying my as well go for a move complete meter assembly.

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
oic...but i think if i take other meter...then the colours will be difference if the car model is difference or i cant take the whole meter if the cars is auto...coz mines is manual....i already ask for the price...the whole meter is about rm500 above...so sad now have to see the meter jumping every day...and afraid after change the problem still come out...

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
bro..actually u could check out some half cut places...they do have L9 move meters going at 300....around 500 is the newer version..as wat all the taiko said..since u r going to spend the money...y not u get the move meter..it'll be much better..

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
i know move meter is better...but is move only got auto car?...then later can't match to mine...coz my is manual car...and really lazy to find all those half cut kilang....hehehe...

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
how much u wan to sell your meter....can consider about that if cheap....hehe...

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
can some one give some info about move meter?got any pic?can this meter use at kenari manual car?thanksssssss.........

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
someone one know where to get the move meter so that i can go and have a look there?

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
same to me...kembara...jumping non-stop

mailbox

Aug 16, 2005
KL
really....how long already???already replace new one???so so headache must see the meter jumping everyday...