Phone: 03-3323 5780

Last edited:

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
Questions now (***warning***)

1. Evo3 or RVR Manual Halfcut price?
2. Evo3 or RVR installation price?
3. Tuning after installation? Install fuel regulator? etc...
4. Maintenance? For eg. what are the comment wear and tear that I would expect?
5. Monthly maintenance cost estimate? (RM???)
6. Fuel consumption? I am doing sales but on n off got kesas =(
7. Gearbox issue?
8. Other DANGER warning I should be aware?

Since I have a estimation of 6a12TT why not for EVO n RVR budgetary, it can be very useful for newbies too.

Btw, how nice is v6 sound that will make someone go for v6 instead of EVO...im not a guy who tekan by the way.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
**rm8-9k without bodyparts
**bout 2-3k with wear & tear parts.
**depends on brand.
**use power belt/kevlar belt instead of normal timing belt.
**depends on u....how u tekan.
**not sure, gotta ask 4G63T users.
7. Gearbox issue?
**none, equipped with LSD
**beware of black perdana with 6a12tt hehe.
Since I have a estimation of 6a12TT why not for EVO n RVR budgetary, it can be very useful for newbies too.

Btw, how nice is v6 sound that will make someone go for v6 instead of EVO...im not a guy who tekan by the way.

lan_eterna

8,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Cheras/S.Alam
www.freewebs.com
BA5..actuly depen on u bro..conversion cost Evo,v6tt not much dif..depend ur need n target..if more modding mod soon..go for Evo..If relax driving n no bising on go for TT .. :) happy moding

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Questions now (***warning***)

7. Gearbox issue?
1- halfcut: Evo3 rm8-9k, RVR manual rm4.5k
2 - installation rm1.5k, lock gb rm400
3- use standard is good enough
4- timing belt set ~rm300, waterpump ~rm150, plugs ngk iridium rm150, other belts rm50, oil filter rm10, fuel filter rm20, air filter Blitz LM blue rm250, engine oil semi rm85, etc
5- monthly? depends on ur petrol la...
6- fuel consumption - manual like danz, maybe rm50 for 250km (city+hiway)
7- manual - much much less issue
8- boost too much - petrol consumption high.

anyway, if u go the 6a12t route, it is easier as everything is plug and play. seminggu boleh siap semua...

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

kedai papan la bro.
kedai papan dont have Federal brand la..
go go Federal 595 Evo!!

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
THanks bunch of Perdana machos...been thinking, maybe just get a perdana with converted V6TT since I WON'T MOD for sure...all stock standard. Just buy and repair wear and tear.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
they dont bring in federal la, i think.
coz i call them, they say don't have.
if i go there, i always go up the lift to where they simpan all the tyres, and no federal there..
i dono if they stock federal now since it's been a while since i go there...

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
Why eh...after reading most of the forums and article..i got pening abit. Some said evo more makan minyak some say v6TT even teruk in city...:hmmmm:

I am mostly mix with city 60% and 40% highway. My target is optimistically RM100 for 500km (RM2.10 Ron97)...

kopking10

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
get V6 NA manual la.
sure can get that figure..
bro neuro0ne, if mivec can get that kinda FC?

btw, just went thru thread yg lain...how to tell if the engine is RS(204) or normal 6a12TT (202) from the eengine bay? cus the car meter not the white face.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
mivec sure can get that figure.
mivec-md even more so.
but the spare parts for those engines hard to come by...

RS - 240ps, normal 220ps
i think can see difference from look at the turbo tag.
if red tag, if i'm not mistaken, is for RS version.
black is normal and blue usually for auto TT.

i cant remember, but i read it sumwhere...

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Now i heard the evo3 halfcut price going down a bit eh since the engine can only be fit to perdana.

Syahvsix

Sep 17, 2010
Penang
Now i heard the evo3 halfcut price going down a bit eh since the engine can only be fit to perdana.
that was a good news for those who been looking for evo3 halfcut....including myself. but still a bit blur coz can't make decision yet. i'm using my car everyday since that is the only ride i have so still scratch head to decide what is the best and practikal engine and GB to replace my current stock engine (my current engine need to do top overhaul so most of my friend give suggestion to change engine) and my GB is showing a sign to kong.

i'm not that fan to tebo coz for daily usage car i don't think i that is practical so for me i think n/a manual should be suffient enuf....as long as later i don't crack my head with other extra cost after conversion...sakit poket laa

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
imo la eh. turbo engine if kept as it is stock no mod, would perform like normal car.it's just that when you need the power it gives you straight away. i've changed to tt close to one year now, my engine all stock (90%), no problem at all. i drive daily from gombak to klcc area. jams etc.. no problem.i enjoy riding my horse. maintenance wise like na engine,just that close to 200K km, you service ur tebo lah. if i have a sei perdana body, i'll go straight to evo3 engine. if v6 easy to go for tt, but evo3 also can . both engine tahan mah

eldims

Sep 22, 2009
Johor Bahru
hola.. have anyone experience wht i'm experiencing with my ABS..?

the issue is, my ABS will light up after a few minutes driving. then if i stop and turn of the engine, i start back the light will be off. but after driving a bit more the light comes up again. it keeps happening like that consistently. but how long before the light comes back on after restart varies. sometimes very quick (1-2 mins), and sometimes more.

so any ideas anyone..?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
that was long time ago, when JPJ stated that wira cannot transplant evo into wira, the price dropped that time, then all perdana users took the advantage to buy that halfcut, that was 2-3yrs ago.......that time evo halfcut bout rm5-6k. since then the price increased again till today.......the price of halfcut or rm8-9k will remain.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

hola.. have anyone experience wht i'm experiencing with my ABS..?

the issue is, my ABS will light up after a few minutes driving. then if i stop and turn of the engine, i start back the light will be off. but after driving a bit more the light comes up again. it keeps happening like that consistently. but how long before the light comes back on after restart varies. sometimes very quick (1-2 mins), and sometimes more.

so any ideas anyone..?
its a common problem, just ignore it, might be a faulty sensor....
anyways, real man dont use ABS. ahahaaha :driver::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

they dont bring in federal la, i think.
coz i call them, they say don't have.
if i go there, i always go up the lift to where they simpan all the tyres, and no federal there..
i dono if they stock federal now since it's been a while since i go there...
are federal tires in JB cheaper? cos last time my bro in law changed 1 of his tire there, bout RM700++,in KL bout RM800++, same year. 09 tires.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All Pro Detailers,

My friend just bought a used Mazda 6 recently. She would like to polish her car but does not know which shop to go. Ended up buying a Groupon deal and sent her car to a detailing shop in Sunway. Full package (wash vacuum clay polish wax tyre shine bla bla bla) for below RM200. She's not satisfied with the result and would like to seek a good detailer.

I know the phrase "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" so let's save that for now, eh? :wavey: and yes she doesnt...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience