Perdana V6 Community Forum *

Hi guys... I just did major service on my V6tt-rs... changed all wear and tear and rubber parts and stuff, practically angkat engine lah but short of top overhaul.

After this major service, my car's FC has increased.... contrary to what I thought that a service would make it more fuel efficient ( however fuel efficient this guzzler engine can b lah ) and i somehow feel the car a little less powerful... a little more sluggish.

My foreman told me that it's because most sensors were plugged out and were still in running in status, but it's now after 10,000KM already and nothing seems to be improving.

Are our ECU's tunable ? you know those handheld device where they plug into ur ECU and find out what's functioning well and what's not. Just wanna tune it or reset it back as foreman said maybe " Tuning Lari" . Does those handheld device function with our TT-RS ecu ?

Appreciate any feedback bro's can give me....

Thanks and happy boosting and drive safe.

Regards.

the tt ecu can be tuned.....but cannot be reflashed.
tuned for better FC only. costs bout rm60.

Danz... Is it tuned by the same device that tunes the original V6 engine ? the Handheld one ? Or do they need special mitsubishi software for that ?

Got full loads of tips reading this particular thread...still in the process of reading every page of them to looking for an answer on my rim width+offset+ suitable tyre set up for my humble car. Hopefull if senior members can refer me to the right page :).

By the way, I've bought a Super Avdan Racing 8jj 17' +35 offset all round which are now with Profess Rims for repainting and polishing. I was told that the rims with the specs I've mentioned can fit perfectly on the Perdana's front and rear wheelarchs. However, my trusty tyreshop recently told me when I want to order tyres for fitment that those spec wouldn't fit into a Perdana, citing that the positive offset at 35 is not suitable. That left me with lots of questions because I've seen bigger wheels with much wider setting (9jj and 9.5jj or even 10jj with lower than +35 offset) sit nicely on Perdana, although 9.5 onward will stretch a bit outward. So confusing with my trusted tyre shop's reply after considering that my rims are only at 8jj and +35 on all four and plan to fit them with 225 45 17 for rear fitment and 215 45 17 at the front.

Therefore, I appreciate if members here can help me with this issue:-
1) Whether 8jj +35 17 can fit Perdana without modification to the archs? What are the modifications if needed?; and
2) What's the best tyre fitment for 8jj rims?

For the replies, I thank you guys a million. :)

dont need to worry....your 8jj rims will nicely sit inside the fenders. with 225 tires.
even mine is 9jj rear offset 37 sits ngam2 inside the fenders. but using 255 series la. now changed to 245.

Guys wanna ask for your expert opinions, Perdana v6 Auto 2006 with 80k KMs for 30k siap tukar nama and on the road is it an alright price?

abit expensive, 2008 model going less than rm30k.

Even if include roadtax, insurance and runner fees?

I wanna try to nego to 28k siap all but wanna bring a mechanic to see the car first.
On the other hand, any sifus here stay nearby Serdang? The car in question is in Serdang.

Thanks.

if not mistaken 2006 is enhance 2. try looking at the geran see wat its stated. if its enhanced 3 then ok la.
yeah try to nego 1st.

Bro danz, what's the difference between enhanced 2 & enhanced 3? I noticed some Perdana have black paint and tan internals and seats, while this one I'm looking at is grey with grey seats. That means enhanced 2?

yeah yours could be enhanced 2. it will be stated on the geran. have a look at it. enchanced 3 comes with cream color interior
with spokes sport rims, enhanced 2 is the star like rims.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

ensure to test the gearbox make no sign of jerking....drive the car HARD to test it out......after
doin that, stop beside, switch off the engine for a while, then start again & continue to drive the car normally.
if no sign of jerking means gearbox is ok.

How hard is HARD? Haha. Just floor the accelerator and bring rpm up to 5k and above?

Besides cosmetics Enhanced 2&3 not much else difference? But it does seems like the enhanced 3 one has more supple leather seats.

How hard is HARD? Haha. Just floor the accelerator and bring rpm up to 5k and above?

Besides cosmetics Enhanced 2&3 not much else difference? But it does seems like the enhanced 3 one has more supple leather seats.

just drive it hard, test the gearbox reliability. bring the rpm to 7k.

Enhanced 2?
5953182413.jpg

Enhanced 3?
7261075353.jpg

Didn't see this post earlier. May be your air flow sensor problem. Detecting the wrong amount of air going into the engine (because more air goes in during cold day compared to hot day). Try to open it and clean it with electronics contact cleaner. The AF sensor is located right after your air intake filters. It's a box.

Forget the ignition system, as it shouldnt be affected by air temperature.

hi guys,
juz an update. replace airflow sensor but problem still there. does the exhaust sensor relate to the problem?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom