Nissan Fuel Saving Gadget

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

MeraBoy

Nissan-FEG.jpg

All new Nissan models to be equipped with Fuel Efficiency Gauge.
In part with the company’s environmental action plan, Nissan announced that all new models along with current models scheduled for minor facelifts will be equipped with a standard fuel efficiency gauge providing both instant and average consumption readings - include the SKYLINE, LAFESTA and ATLAS in Japan, and the ALTIMA, INFINITI G35 in the U.S.

infinitig35.500.jpg

Infiniti G35

nissan.altima.500.jpg

Nissan Altima

The gauge provides the driver with both instant fuel-efficiency and average efficiency readings. For example, by accelerating, the driver would instantly see an increase in fuel consumption reflected on the gauge. Based on Nissan’s trials, drivers have tended to improve their eco-driving habits over time, prompted by the real-time fuel-efficiency readings.According to Nissan’s tests, the fuel efficiency gauge tends to “lighten” a driver’s right foot, which potentially could lead to an average 10% improvement in fuel-efficiency.

The introduction of the fuel efficiency gauge is in line with the company's overall efforts to launch a wide range of environmental technologies under the Nissan Green Program 2010 mid-term environmental action plan.

Source:
Carscoop

Hasnt this technology already been developed? such as autogauge fuel mix ratio (lean,rich) pretty much the same concept right?

hmmmm, after reading the post, I think the title of the post is more suitably written as-

"Gadget to instill fuel conservation thinking among drivers" and not Nissan Fuel Saving Gadget.

hehe, I thought Nissan came up with an revolutionary engine that gives plenty power yet sips little of petrol

Anyway, this gadget sure will make ppl think twice before putting pedal to the metal. thanks for sharing. Well, i guess there is no free HP without additional fuel.

i think merc already got this technology eversince twenty years ago la.... different is merc start with analog meter..... because last time my dad car got the fuel economy thingy..... its the same like the one at nissan. sorry cant provide picture...... sold the car already...hehe

bmw also got if im not mistaken.
under the rpm or speedo meter. usually saw the analog type one's.

hmmmm, after reading the post, I think the title of the post is more suitably written as-

"Gadget to instill fuel conservation thinking among drivers" and not Nissan Fuel Saving Gadget.

hehe, I thought Nissan came up with an revolutionary engine that gives plenty power yet sips little of petrol
quote]

haha exactly..i was so curious on what kind of device they invented that could save fuel.. turns out its still about the driving style..

Haiya!...only now Nissan wanna put d device...Many carmaker oredy put it on their car long time ago lah.....mostly conti cars n some japanese models....I realize Swift oso hav dis device....

good la. The gadget can at least tell us when is the next petrol station stop.

Anyway, a good drive should not be entirely dictated by the meter gadget. It takes the fun and the pleasure out from driving.

gen 2 also go mah... haha...
but is per per 100km..

European car has this function long ago, it's different from air fuel meter.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom