Next step, bonnet lock or brake lock?

samrice

Known Member
Jun 8, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hi everyone,

seeing that everyone is so helpful in this forum, i would like to ask your opinions and suggestions about the bonnet lock or brake lock, which is better? I've went around acc shops to enquire and this sales guy introduced this to me. Both are the same price to install. approx RM350.

If you guys have to choose between one, which would it be?

Just a little background about my exp, i used to own a sgti but got stolen last year, my new car now has clifford alarm and immobilizer installed already, but i feel thats not enough.. well its never enough.

golfhacker

Apr 18, 2006
Sam, I am also looking for a bonnet lock. Could you please share where were you qouted RM350 and what is the brand?
The last time I checked, the price was like RM500 - 600 for bonnet lock.

samrice

Known Member
Jun 8, 2005
Petaling Jaya
i got the quote from an accessory shop at sunwaymas. after BU12, head further down the road approaching tai kong village. His shop "DJ Audio"is opposite this big corner lot tyre shop. His card shows that its a branch from DJ Cooling in Damansara Jaya.

The bonnet lock is not branded, even then its rm350.. instead i installed the brake & clutch lock. very very convienent for RM270.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
bonet lock? my cheapest way is to install bonet pin that pl use for race car and i installed a pad lock on it...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Owners of eight and twelve cylinder engined BMW’s manufactured between 2001 and 2009 are advised to bring in their cars for BMW Malaysia’s technical service campaign on the brake vacuum pump to ensure that their cars aren’t affected by defective or faulty components.

The service campaign follows worldwide reports of BMW models with eight or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience