Need suggestion for exhaust and suspension ..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi guys. I'm taking my car to change the exhaust pipings and muffler tomorrow. My stock muffler is kaput already i think .. sounds like farting .. got "putt putt putt" sound .. dad urge me to change it because its noisy.

1.) I'm using a manual 2.0L 3SFE engine in Toyota Corona ST171. Using a 4-2-1 exhaust header. Not planning to change it. I need suggestion on what diameter for the exhaust is good to slightly improve the engine's higher end torque while maintaining low to mid end power for daily city and highway drive :driver:. And any suggestion for the muffler's diameter ? Is it okay to use muffler with dual pipes like the honda accord SM4 with H22A engine?

2.)I plan to change my springs to a stiffer ones. My spring will sags when driving with more than 3 ppl in the car. Not comfortable at all. Can I just change the springs without changing the absorbers ? Will change all 4 of my tyres as well, using Bridgestone Turanza 195/60/R14.

Thanks for all the input :biggrin:. I will take my car to Everco at Bandar Sunway :)

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
1. if not ur existing exhaust is farting.. changing to the same spec one would have let u regain back what you've lost.
dual pipes, no idea if that could improve/sacrifice anything.

2. how long since the absorber last change, spring? if these are still stocks item since u own the car, recommended u chg them all!!.

:P

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
1st of all, thanks for the prompt reply :)

1.) Change back to stock size ? My car is powerful on low-mid but when driving over 100km/h it seems lack of acceleration, not very good for a 2.0L car (Because the 3SFE have small-valve lift angle, its made for low~mid end power) So I think I could change it to a slightly bigger one, 1.75inch maybe ?

2.) My car already 19 years old. Change 2~3 times before the last change, which is probably, close to 8 years. I think change the absorber and spring better right ? If i but a new sets of absorber, it comes with the springs also right ?

Last edited:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
as for the exhaust, i dont have any idea on its farting.. sorry bro..
but on the springs and abs, i think u better change them both.. im using apm performax both the spring and abs, it look sporty but still comfort when there are passenger in the car.. hehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, wanna ask , can port & polish be done on all makes of car? Where to find a place which do port & polish in JB and how much? thanx :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience